Author Topic: Kate and Claire  (Read 4530 times)

Offline kenny

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Kate and Claire
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:37:06 AM »
I really wish we could've seen what Kate and Claire were seeing as Smokey passed over them in the "hole".  Whatever they saw seemed to really captivate Kate...possibly making her a believer and thus leaving the temple with Flocke/un-locke.

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Kate and Claire
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:40:27 AM »
I really wanted Claire to snap Kate's neck once she found out that Kate "took" Aaron.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:41:38 AM »
now this episode would have rated a 10+ with a good "chick fight"...

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 10:55:43 AM »
I really wish we could've seen what Kate and Claire were seeing as Smokey passed over them in the "hole".  Whatever they saw seemed to really captivate Kate...possibly making her a believer and thus leaving the temple with Flocke/un-locke.

Totally disagree with you, sorry.  We did see what they saw, Smokey in all his rage.  And Kate wasn't swayed to his side, she just got caught up in the exodus out of there instead of with the other group who escaped (Ilana, Lapidus, Miles, Ben).  The last scene was brilliant, where MIB/Locke is, for just a second, surprised to see Kate come through the door.  He seems to know that he doesn't 'have' her yet, so why is she there?  And her look seems to say that she knows he's on to her.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 12:46:35 PM »

Totally disagree with you, sorry.  We did see what they saw, Smokey in all his rage.  And Kate wasn't swayed to his side, she just got caught up in the exodus out of there instead of with the other group who escaped (Ilana, Lapidus, Miles, Ben).  The last scene was brilliant, where MIB/Locke is, for just a second, surprised to see Kate come through the door.  He seems to know that he doesn't 'have' her yet, so why is she there?  And her look seems to say that she knows he's on to her.

I don't think that Kate was actually swayed over to MIB's side either, but there was deffinitely something going on inside Smokey as he passed over Kate and Claire. I know I deffinitely saw some people in there being tossed around.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 12:53:22 PM »
I didn't read anything more into their glance than Locke being surprised to see her, and Kate being freaked out not knowing wtf is going on.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 01:10:34 PM »

I don't think that Kate was actually swayed over to MIB's side either, but there was deffinitely something going on inside Smokey as he passed over Kate and Claire. I know I deffinitely saw some people in there being tossed around.

Yeah, but this wasn't like the 'visions' smokey shows people as he scans them, there actually WERE people being thrown around in there!

I didn't read anything more into their glance than Locke being surprised to see her, and Kate being freaked out not knowing wtf is going on.

Kate had that look on her face that wedding crashers get when someone asks them if they're on the bride's side or the groom's!   ;D

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 02:52:44 PM »
Yes, I guess this is the first time that Kate is aware that Dead John is now ReAnimated John?  I'd be a bit....well hell, I be WAY more apprehensive!  These poor people are becoming so desensitized on this island the walking dead barely make them bat an eye.

I feel that her biggest reason of being with MIB's group is to try and make amends/rescue Claire.

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 02:57:32 PM »
I really wanted Claire to snap Kate's neck once she found out that Kate "took" Aaron.

Freakin' ditto!

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 02:58:25 PM »
Yes, I guess this is the first time that Kate is aware that Dead John is now ReAnimated John?  I'd be a bit....well hell, I be WAY more apprehensive!  These poor people are becoming so desensitized on this island the walking dead barely make them bat an eye.

I feel that her biggest reason of being with MIB's group is to try and make amends/rescue Claire.

Agreed.  She's still trying to make that connection work.  That's the whole reason she is there.  If it means joining up with Team Zombie for the time being, so be it.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 03:01:24 PM »

Freakin' ditto!

I have to say I freakin' half expected this, too.  And I don't discount it not yet happening, or at least Claire initiating it before Kate says enough to cool Claire off.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 03:34:22 PM »

Yeah, but this wasn't like the 'visions' smokey shows people as he scans them, there actually WERE people being thrown around in there!

Oh, totally understood. I wasn't trying to say that, but maybe there is something mixed in there with the real life people being thrown around.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »

Agreed.  She's still trying to make that connection work.  That's the whole reason she is there.  If it means joining up with Team Zombie for the time being, so be it.

Also agree. You guys are spot on.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2010, 02:31:27 PM »

Yay!  btw love your new avi!  ha ha!  BACKWARDS!

Also agree. You guys are spot on.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 11:44:54 PM »
I'm just patting myself on the back a wee bit because after Jack's temper tantrum over Jacob's mirror I said to myself, "Self, what will really motivate Jack is when he finds out Kate is with the bad guys...wonder when she will get taken."  The next episode, answered the Universe.  Between sis and former girlfriend being taken Jack is going to be ready to fight hard.