Author Topic: Miles  (Read 2883 times)

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Miles
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:54:36 AM »
I really thought for a while there that we were about to see Miles bite the dust.  I really hope that seeing his name crossed out doesn't mean he will die.. I actually love the character - he cracks me up. 

Offline lostcause

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Miles
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 08:14:31 PM »
He won't make it. He's to nice. Only depraved people make it off the island. Changed it seems so far.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 09:13:08 PM »
I have actually wondered why the heck he is even on this show? What is his purpose. He talks to dead people but so does Hurley so they could of just had Hurley get that information. This season he just sits around and plays tic tac toe and solitaire. I would throw Lapedius into this also. What is his purpose. They both do give some good one liners!

I think Miles time on the island is short.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 03:57:02 AM »
I hope not, I actually really like Miles. I identify with him the most....even though he doesn't do much lately. LOL, he just needs to get his gun back from Jack, he was more aggressive and take-charge kind of guy with it back then. =)

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 07:25:23 AM »
I have actually wondered why the heck he is even on this show? What is his purpose. He talks to dead people but so does Hurley so they could of just had Hurley get that information. This season he just sits around and plays tic tac toe and solitaire. I would throw Lapedius into this also. What is his purpose. They both do give some good one liners!

I recall Miles told Faraday not to tell Sayid his (Miles') last name. That always seemed odd to me. (looked it up, 402 Confirmed Dead)

SAYID: What are your names?
DAN: Er I'm Daniel Faraday, and this is Miles...
MILES: Don't tell him my last name.
DAN: I guess it's just Miles.
SAYID: What do you do for a living, Daniel?
DAN: I'm a physicist. Well I guess you could call me a physicist, I don't really like being pigeon-holed into one...
MILES: Dan, I swear to God you say one more word I'm gonna break your fingers.
SAYID: And what do you do, Miles?
MILES: I collect soil samples.

Miles does have a lot of great one liners.

Just found this below while searching for that.

Quote from: Lostpedia
Before the Kahana left port, Miles indicated that he knew Michael was using a false name without having previously met him. He then added that 80% of the people on the Kahana were lying about something.

And of course Miles asking his mother where his father was buried, and her reply, "Somewhere you can never find him."

That may have just been indicating he's buried on the island but I can't help but feel Miles' has more story to play out, father-wise.  The last name thing just bugs me.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »
Miles' father is that guy from the Dharma films
they already explained all that last season

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 08:44:48 PM »
I know that, but that did not turn out to be a big deal in the story line yet. The same stuff would of still happened with or with out Miles. I am just waiting to see his role. Other wise he looks just like a soon to be dead guy who is funny.

Offline PurpleLostPrincess

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 08:51:18 PM »
I see where you're coming from Juggy...

But then I'm still waiting for them to explain why there's a whole generation of kids who were born on the Island, but then went home (Miles, Charlotte etc). Come to think of it, was Naomi originally from the Island too?!? Hmmm, off to have a bit more of a think about this one!

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 09:39:56 PM »
Miles has the ability to read the minds of people who are dead and buried. Maybe if he finds his father's grave on the island he will be able to contact and find out something important. it might be a moment of understanding that help him reconcile with his father, or something important to the plot. I dunno if it will even happen. You're right tho too, he did find out why his father made them leave the island, and that was some nice closure.

Does Miles exist in the dim-x timeline? I don't think we've seen him there yet. This might mean that MIB has nothing to offer him to go darkside. Not that I think Miles would do that. How much does Miles know about the afterlife? Is he familiar with the underworld? Will he be judged by Smokey like Ben was? I would love to know what Miles knows. I don't think he's done yet. Tho not being a candidate puts him on the short-timer list.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 10:02:09 PM »
I am just hoping he has some role this season to make his character more intregal to the plot.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »
yeah it was always Hurley that was the funny man...and then they kinda teamed up...now Hurley is more of the straight man and Miles is taking the quip remarks

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 10:54:40 PM »
I see where you're coming from Juggy...

But then I'm still waiting for them to explain why there's a whole generation of kids who were born on the Island, but then went home (Miles, Charlotte etc). Come to think of it, was Naomi originally from the Island too?!? Hmmm, off to have a bit more of a think about this one!

Ethan is the only baby we know was born on the Island, Juliet said they usually go to the mainland to give birth.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 10:58:30 PM »

Hurley doesnt exactly talk to dead people, in the same way as Miles at least.
I spose it's a good point though as to why he's there, he hasn't really done much.
Obviuosly he still has some kind of role or Dogen would have offed him?

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 11:55:18 AM »
Was Miles's name beside a number in the lighthouse ?

Maybe he'll become more important

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 01:38:46 PM »
I wish Miles wouldn't hold back so much.  I mean, they all know he can hear dead people, why not embrace it!  All he does nowadays is make vague hints about Claire and Sayid being dead.  I guess they just don't want to overuse his ability- that could get old.  I just hope he'll give us some tidbits later on, he must, otherwise he would have met his end like Daniel and Charlotte.  LOST doesn't make useless characters (too often!)