Author Topic: Who's in Charge? Was Dogen a Candidate?  (Read 2352 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Who's in Charge? Was Dogen a Candidate?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 03:29:17 PM »
By the way, sorry to sound like such a d-bag about it. I'm trying to quit smoking.

Offline kenny

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 10:53:34 PM »
Bob, who writes the pop-ups and have TPTB ever disputed anything that has popped up?

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 11:48:54 PM »
Bob, who writes the pop-ups and have TPTB ever disputed anything that has popped up?

Kenny - this is the most recent example I can think of where the pop-ups were just flat out contradictory to what we saw in the show:

In "LA X, Part 2-Enhanced", when Zach and Emma appeared on screen, an enhanced caption stated that their parents died in the crash of Oceanic 815. According to Emma, the children's mother was supposed to meet them in Los Angeles, ("The Other 48 Days") and their father was never mentioned.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 11:50:08 PM »

ABC does the pop-ups and promos, and TPTB have refuted/corrected things in the pop-ups a few times. The way I read the pop-ups is when ever they tell us things that we have actually seen on the show, it refreshes my memory, but when they make assumptions about people or things, if I can't recall or tie it together to something else I already know, then I generally let it go.

Kenny - this is the most recent example I can think of where the pop-ups were just flat out contradictory to what we saw in the show:

In "LA X, Part 2-Enhanced", when Zach and Emma appeared on screen, an enhanced caption stated that their parents died in the crash of Oceanic 815. According to Emma, the children's mother was supposed to meet them in Los Angeles, ("The Other 48 Days") and their father was never mentioned.

And that too. Thanks Zeek

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2010, 01:12:07 AM »
In the rewatch of the Lighthouse, the pop-ups indicated he was only believed to be dead...but he wasnt...

Did the pop-up also remind you that the pop-ups are NOT written or okayed by the writers or producers of LOST, and there fore can not and should not be taken as actual facts regarding the show??
Thanks Bob. I think from what Miles said, we can infer that the water did not heal Sayid, no matter what the pop-ups said.
I wasnt trying to say the water did or did not heal Sayid, just that Sayid wasn't killed or drowned...he was just out....and I know Jack checked him...but he makes mistakes too...LOL

Offline IFP

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 04:08:17 AM »
In the rewatch of the Lighthouse, the pop-ups indicated he was only believed to be dead...but he wasnt...

Did the pop-up also remind you that the pop-ups are NOT written or okayed by the writers or producers of LOST, and there fore can not and should not be taken as actual facts regarding the show??
Thanks Bob. I think from what Miles said, we can infer that the water did not heal Sayid, no matter what the pop-ups said.
I wasnt trying to say the water did or did not heal Sayid, just that Sayid wasn't killed or drowned...he was just out....and I know Jack checked him...but he makes mistakes too...LOL

meh, i wouldn't trust the popups with that info either. That's in direct conflict with what Miles said a few eps later, and Miles' dialogue, unlike the popups, is written by the people who are actually telling the story. If anyone would know that Sayid was d-e-a-d, for 2 hours, it would be Miles. That's all we have to go on. The popups, IMHO, don't count for a thing. In fact, I hate them.  >:(

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 12:50:15 PM »
Hate the pop ups!  That is my number two dream job- just watch a bunch of lost and point things out about the show.  Uh, sort of like a more office version of posting on SWLS!  Anyhow, thanks all for the pop up info.

I don't think that anyone will be in charge now (of the temple)- unless Dogen's smokie stopping powers are handed to anyone else. 

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 07:35:31 PM »
Hate the pop ups!  That is my number two dream job- just watch a bunch of lost and point things out about the show.  Uh, sort of like a more office version of posting on SWLS!  Anyhow, thanks all for the pop up info.

I don't think that anyone will be in charge now (of the temple)- unless Dogen's smokie stopping powers are handed to anyone else. 

the temple looks pretty done for, but we'll see.
someone is going to step up to MIB and my vote is good ol' Jack-o!

btw, pop-ups - I can take em or leave em.