Author Topic: Who's in Charge? Was Dogen a Candidate?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Who's in Charge? Was Dogen a Candidate?
« on: March 03, 2010, 12:22:49 AM »
Jacob was nowhere to be found and it seemed that Dogen was "keeping" the temple in order and keeping Smokey out?
How? What power does he hold? Was he also brought back to life by the pool but it worked?
Was he a candidate or just a pawn in this game of chess?

(sorry is this is redundant, merge if u like)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 12:29:03 AM by Numbers Junkie »

Offline SupaFaseddy

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Who's in Charge? Was Dogen a Candidate?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 12:35:29 AM »
How can Dogen be killed in the healing pool? Isn't that how Sayid was killed and resurrected? Or did the hourglass need to be running?

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 12:38:39 AM »
How can Dogen be killed in the healing pool? Isn't that how Sayid was killed and resurrected? Or did the hourglass need to be running?
The water wasn't clear and it seems that it is missing it's "healing" properties.... if it really had healing properties.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 12:39:50 AM »
I think we can safely say that the water no longer....works.  It never healed Dogen's hand before they dropped Sayid in, and the water is not what revived Sayid as Miles says.  The water can not save Lennon or Dogen.

Dogen was touched by Jacob- OOOORRR he went all in gloves like Ilana's visit.  I wonder if Jacob offered something tantalizing to Ilana for her help that we maybe didn't see?  It seemed that he was put in charge of protection of the temple, which has to be a very high honor.  

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 12:41:02 AM »
Maybe the water changes with the power

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 12:42:08 AM »
Jacob was nowhere to be found and it seemed that Dogen was "keeping" the temple in order and keeping Smokey out?
How? What power does he hold? Was he also brought back to life by the pool but it worked?

idea for one of the rules -- Jacob cannot be seen (except through seers like Hurley and the leader of the others) and MIB cannot use The Touch.

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 12:46:11 AM »
The water wasn't clear and it seems that it is missing it's "healing" properties.... if it really had healing properties.

That was what Miles was saying, something else brought him back to life, not the pool...
What? Who? How? Why?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 12:50:06 AM »
I believe he says something along the lines of "whoever brought you back from the dead, it wasn't them."  Implying that another force was at work, maybe from his dead talkin' intuition.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 12:53:37 AM »
In the rewatch of the Lighthouse, the pop-ups indicated he was only believed to be dead...but he wasnt...

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 12:54:26 AM »
In the rewatch of the Lighthouse, the pop-ups indicated he was only believed to be dead...but he wasnt...
Missed that!  Thanks!  Those pop ups are so handy...

Offline SupaFaseddy

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 01:04:43 AM »
So maybe the pool did heal Sayid, and Miles was incorrect ??? The dirty water could have just meant the effect was delayed.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 01:08:47 AM »
RIGHT! I love reading the pop-ups...I feel smarter LOL

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 11:18:12 AM »

Did the pop-ups mention anything about there being one of those 'funky coma spiders' in the van where Sayid was bleeding out for who knows how long?  THAT would explain EVERYTHING!   (You know I'm kidding, right?)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 12:59:36 PM »

Did the pop-up also remind you that the pop-ups are NOT written or okayed by the writers or producers of LOST, and there fore can not and should not be taken as actual facts regarding the show??

I think that Dogen was put into his position by Jacob (der, obviously Bob) but with that position, came power. Now, I don't have any good reason to really think this, so don't ask me where the idea is coming from, but my theory as to how Dogen was keeping Smokey out was because maybe whoever is in charge of the temple makes, or blesses the ash and as long as that person is alive, the ash will protect them.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 03:25:59 PM »

Did the pop-up also remind you that the pop-ups are NOT written or okayed by the writers or producers of LOST, and there fore can not and should not be taken as actual facts regarding the show??
Thanks Bob. I think from what Miles said, we can infer that the water did not heal Sayid, no matter what the pop-ups said.