Author Topic: Theory: Paik's watch goes to Keamy  (Read 2000 times)

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Theory: Paik's watch goes to Keamy
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 06:10:53 PM »
Right, that's why I say if that's the same watch, Keamy stole it, because as everyone knows, Keamy is an asshole.  Here's what I think happened.  Jin was delivering the money to Keamy.  The airline confiscated it for whatever reason, and Keamy either got nabbed by Keamy's goons or he went to explain the situation to Keamy who I doubt was understanding about it.  They beat Jin up, lock him up, Keamy says ooo nice watch, I think I'll steal it.
Not bad.  I can get on board with this.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 06:11:57 PM »
We also know the kind of person Paik is.

Good point

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 06:12:07 PM »
Right, that's why I say if that's the same watch, Keamy stole it, because as everyone knows, Keamy is an asshole.  Here's what I think happened.  Jin was delivering the money to Keamy.  The airline confiscated it for whatever reason, and Keamy either got nabbed by Keamy's goons or he went to explain the situation to Keamy who I doubt was understanding about it.  They beat Jin up, lock him up, Keamy says ooo nice watch, I think I'll steal it.

That sounds better.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 06:17:52 PM »
Oops, I meant Jin gets nabbed.  Hate when I make mental mistakes.  But I guess everyone got the idea of what I was saying.  I edited my previous post though.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 06:23:03 PM »
I can't buy
I personally think that this was almost a given assumption from this episode, but since people have disagreed with me, I decided it deserves its own thread so I don't hijack other threads.

I think that Jin was supposed to deliver the watch to Keamy in the original timeline as well as in the alternate timeline. I think that Keamy was originally a gangster, as seen in the alternate timeline, then was hired to be the mercenary on the freighter. I don't think that's a huge leap of faith to take.

From episode "The Shape of Things to Come" - right before Keamy kills Alex, Ben says:

"Martin Christopher Keamy--former first sergeant, United States Marine Corps, served with distinction from 1996 to 2001, but since then, you've worked with a number of mercenary organizations, specifically in Uganda. So I know exactly what kind of man you are, Mr. Keamy, and we can dispense with the formalities."

So was Keamy an egg-cooking gangster / loan-shark in the original timeline?  Definitely not.

Whomever Jin was delivering the watch to back in the first timeline, I doubt we'll ever know. 

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 08:55:23 PM »
If he was bringing a watch to Keamy in the name of Paik, why would he bind him and lock him in the fridge?
While that is the obvious question, I don't think you have to try too hard to come up with a theory when we know the kind of person Keamy is.
Kinda like on Training Day...oh by the way, kill this guy for me...lol

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 09:07:02 PM »
I can't buy
I personally think that this was almost a given assumption from this episode, but since people have disagreed with me, I decided it deserves its own thread so I don't hijack other threads.

I think that Jin was supposed to deliver the watch to Keamy in the original timeline as well as in the alternate timeline. I think that Keamy was originally a gangster, as seen in the alternate timeline, then was hired to be the mercenary on the freighter. I don't think that's a huge leap of faith to take.

From episode "The Shape of Things to Come" - right before Keamy kills Alex, Ben says:

"Martin Christopher Keamy--former first sergeant, United States Marine Corps, served with distinction from 1996 to 2001, but since then, you've worked with a number of mercenary organizations, specifically in Uganda. So I know exactly what kind of man you are, Mr. Keamy, and we can dispense with the formalities."

So was Keamy an egg-cooking gangster / loan-shark in the original timeline?  Definitely not.

Whomever Jin was delivering the watch to back in the first timeline, I doubt we'll ever know. 

That is some good information. I really doubt Jin was delievering it to Keamy in the origianl time line and your stated facts pretty much settles that.
Could Jin have delivered it to Keamy in this time line, sure. But who knows it is a theory but one that can not be found true at this time. I guess I lean to no since the earlier stated arguement that if Jin was giving this present to keamy he would not be in the cooler beaten up. But who knows.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 11:12:13 AM »
Keamy worked for Widmore in the original timeline, and probably worked for him in this one also.  I say this because I can't see how someone as rich and powerful as Paik would have any business with a common loan shark like Keamy, unless he was working for a big shot like Widmore.  Still, while the watch may have been a gift for Charles as a sign of respect, these guys are way beyond any business dealings involving a stash of cash small enough to fit in a carry pouch!  It will be interesting to see if they follow up with Jin's side of the story, which I have to assume they will because why else would they have him involved in this side story.  I was surprised to see him myself because until that reveal, I thought the point of this whole scene was to show us that as hard as he tries, Sayid cannot get rid of the man he used to be.