Author Topic: Theory: Paik's watch goes to Keamy  (Read 2005 times)

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Theory: Paik's watch goes to Keamy
« on: March 03, 2010, 12:12:59 AM »
I personally think that this was almost a given assumption from this episode, but since people have disagreed with me, I decided it deserves its own thread so I don't hijack other threads.

I think that Jin was supposed to deliver the watch to Keamy in the original timeline as well as in the alternate timeline. I think that Keamy was originally a gangster, as seen in the alternate timeline, then was hired to be the mercenary on the freighter. I don't think that's a huge leap of faith to take.

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Theory: Paik's watch goes to Keamy
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 12:17:08 AM »
I was thinking that the money that customs found (and probably took) was what was supposed to go to Keamy. Jin owes him money so Keamy locks him up...

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 12:17:43 AM »
What a loving business partnership!  But yeah, probably.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 11:36:54 AM »
I'll agree with this theory and add this:

This story arc (Keamy himself, not the whole Nadia portion) was thrown in to satisfy the 'mystery' behind Jin's trip with the watch.  We now know (or can surmise) what the purpose of his trip was.  Maybe we'll see more of Keamy's business relationship with Widmore later.  Or maybe we won't and this is one of those story lines (like the producers have said), where they've given us enough info to draw whatever conclusions we like.  They've said they aren't going to go down the list of mysteries and spell them out for us, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any more about the watch or money.  I would love to know, however, what Sayid does about a bound and gagged Jin.  Unless they show us more, I'll assume he sees him as another victim and just lets him go.  See, I'm the exact kind of viewer the producers are hoping for - I'm just enjoying the ride no matter where they take me!

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 03:00:42 PM »
I'll agree with this theory and add this:

This story arc (Keamy himself, not the whole Nadia portion) was thrown in to satisfy the 'mystery' behind Jin's trip with the watch.  We now know (or can surmise) what the purpose of his trip was.  Maybe we'll see more of Keamy's business relationship with Widmore later.  Or maybe we won't and this is one of those story lines (like the producers have said), where they've given us enough info to draw whatever conclusions we like.  They've said they aren't going to go down the list of mysteries and spell them out for us, so I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for any more about the watch or money.  I would love to know, however, what Sayid does about a bound and gagged Jin.  Unless they show us more, I'll assume he sees him as another victim and just lets him go.  See, I'm the exact kind of viewer the producers are hoping for - I'm just enjoying the ride no matter where they take me!
Hi5, lostfan! I'm going to bet we'll see more of Jin this year, but again, I don't think we're going to get any major straightforward reveals... we're going to be left like Jack, staring out at the ocean.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 03:03:14 PM »
Maybe in the next Sun/Jin centric episode it will start with Jin being found by Sayid.

Oh btw a kind poster (ericsomething?) put a screen cap up...and...*drum roll*....keamy is wearing a watch!   ;D  You know, like how pretty much everyone wears a watch...but...BUT!

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 03:59:33 PM »
Maybe in the next Sun/Jin centric episode it will start with Jin being found by Sayid.

Oh btw a kind poster (ericsomething?) put a screen cap up...and...*drum roll*....keamy is wearing a watch!   ;D  You know, like how pretty much everyone wears a watch...but...BUT!

I'd love to see that screen cap if you can find it and post it here.  There are very good images of the watches that Jin was delivering on the Lostpedia page:
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Rolex_watch

I'm interested to see if Keamy's watch was the same two-tone Rolex.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 04:11:54 PM »
ericd543 posted this in the screencap thread.  You can't really make out anything about the watch besides that he is wearing one:

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 04:30:26 PM »
Based on that cap, I'm more than 50% convinced that it's the same watch. Thanks!

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 04:40:35 PM »
I'd assume Keamy simply saw Jin's watch, thought it was nice, and took it.  It doesn't make sense to me that Jin would be delivering a watch to Keamy of all people, especially in the original timeline.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 06:00:46 PM »
I'd assume Keamy simply saw Jin's watch, thought it was nice, and took it.  It doesn't make sense to me that Jin would be delivering a watch to Keamy of all people, especially in the original timeline.
This is pretty much how I feel about.  I like the idea of the Jin delivering the watch to Keamy, but I have a hard time rationalizing why Keamy would be getting the watch in the original timeline.

Then again, maybe Keamy getting the watch is only in the X timeline.  That does not necessarily mean that Keamy had to be the one getting the watch in the original timeline.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »
If he was bringing a watch to Keamy in the name of Paik, why would he bind him and lock him in the fridge?

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 06:09:34 PM »
Right, that's why I say if that's the same watch, Keamy stole it, because as everyone knows, Keamy is an asshole.  Here's what I think happened.  Jin was delivering the money to Keamy.  The airline confiscated it for whatever reason, and Jin either got nabbed by Keamy's goons or he went to explain the situation to Keamy who I doubt was understanding about it.  They beat Jin up, lock him up, Keamy says ooo nice watch, I think I'll steal it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 06:17:16 PM by Maxor127 »

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 06:09:55 PM »
If he was bringing a watch to Keamy in the name of Paik, why would he bind him and lock him in the fridge?
While that is the obvious question, I don't think you have to try too hard to come up with a theory when we know the kind of person Keamy is.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 06:10:49 PM »
We also know the kind of person Paik is.