3 (14.3%)
3 (14.3%)
0 (0%)
2 (9.5%)
2 (9.5%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Episode 6x6 Rating  (Read 7519 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Episode 6x6 Rating
« on: March 02, 2010, 11:48:40 PM »
Give your rating and your comments on Sundown.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x6 Rating
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:51:41 PM »
I bet you can all guess what my rating was.

Offline nejsitsol

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:55:11 PM »
I bet you can all guess what my rating was.
10.??

Solid 9.5!  for me

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 12:37:04 AM »
anything smokey related and thankfully we are getting more now is worth every frame by frame
ninja fight scene got a double point
and SMOKING HOT psycho claire is worth 5 on its own
plus the pinnacle was NO JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 09:40:23 AM »
I gave it a 3.
I watched it three times and my feelings didn't change.
Since this is the final season, I've decided to be more critical. If these episodes are better than any of the other episodes from previous seasons, I'll be harsher than if it was an earlier season. I'm biased against this season.

Positives
Dogan finally giving some answers, but since it was obvious that Jacob brought him to the island, it didn't knock my socks off.
Smokie kicked some butt.
OMG they killed Keamy.  ;)
Evil Sayid
Sun was told Jin was on the island alive
Ben is scared
A few good lines from Miles. The comments about Sawyer were gold.

Negatives:
No Sawyer. No Jack. No Hurley. (We did see a brief alt Jack)
Very little Ben.
No Jacob
Sayid's happy ending is Nadia being with his brother.  :'(
Where is Richard and the rest of the Others? They said they were going to the Temple.More questions.
The Others just abandoned the temple and Jacob's ways just because Jacob is dead. Do they feel like prisoners being held by Jacob like MIB?
More questions than answers.
Claire didn't go ballistic when she found out Kate took her baby.  ???
Where is Jin? Sawyer?
Why does Dogan want Sayid killed? Because he is a candidate that has the illness? What is the illness?
Keamy wasn't as a bad @## in the alt as he was in the island timeline.
Sayid was forced to return back to being a killer in the alt.
Kate is forced to follow MIB/Flocke, while we all know she will run at the first chance. She hasn't been used much this season except as way to see Sawyer's loss of Juliet.
Sun's weak reaction about Jin being alive and on the island. I thought she would grab Miles and beat him up until he told her more about where he went.
Everyone knew the secret passage but Dogan and Lennon.
What use is the Ash, if it was only Dogan that kept Smokie out? That alone made me rate the episode low. Why build up the ash, have Bram use it, then all of the sudden it's useless.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 10:44:02 AM »
razzle I have to agree with you. When the episode was over I looked over at my husband and said whatever. I am a Sayid fan too. I just thought the episode okay. The action at the begining was the best part. I don't know I guess I just expect more for the last season.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 01:39:36 PM »
anything smokey related and thankfully we are getting more now is worth every frame by frame
ninja fight scene got a double point
and SMOKING HOT psycho claire is worth 5 on its own
plus the pinnacle was NO JACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not true... Jack was at the hospital where Sayid went to see his brother...

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 02:10:29 PM »
I gave it a 3.
I watched it three times and my feelings didn't change.
Since this is the final season, I've decided to be more critical. If these episodes are better than any of the other episodes from previous seasons, I'll be harsher than if it was an earlier season. I'm biased against this season.

Positives
Dogan finally giving some answers, but since it was obvious that Jacob brought him to the island, it didn't knock my socks off.
Smokie kicked some butt.
OMG they killed Keamy.  ;)
Evil Sayid
Sun was told Jin was on the island alive
Ben is scared
A few good lines from Miles. The comments about Sawyer were gold.

Negatives:
Very little Ben.
No Jacob
Where is Richard and the rest of the Others? They said they were going to the Temple.More questions.
The Others just abandoned the temple and Jacob's ways just because Jacob is dead. Do they feel like prisoners being held by Jacob like MIB?
Where is Jin? Sawyer?
Why does Dogan want Sayid killed? Because he is a candidate that has the illness? What is the illness?
Kate is forced to follow MIB/Flocke, while we all know she will run at the first chance. She hasn't been used much this season except as way to see Sawyer's loss of Juliet.
Sun's weak reaction about Jin being alive and on the island. I thought she would grab Miles and beat him up until he told her more about where he went.
What use is the Ash, if it was only Dogan that kept Smokie out? That alone made me rate the episode low. Why build up the ash, have Bram use it, then all of the sudden it's useless.

If you listen carefully, they only put ash along one wall. Smokey could get in other areas.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 02:29:28 PM »
this is on the low end for me.  i'm with suzanne & razzle-dazzle.  i'm being much more critical this season.  i'm not getting the answers i want.  i loved the scenes with smokey.  i'm loving the flash-sideways, but feel sorry for sayid.  i don't like that nadia ends up with his brother.  claire is freaky.  i hate flocke.  i abhor the idea that now sayid has gone to the dark side.  in other words, so not happy with this episode.

i'm giving it a 6.  only because lost is always above average, and i love smokey. 

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 02:47:06 PM »
This season is ten times better than season 2 and 5. Every single episode so far has been brilliant, with the exception of LA X, which was only mostly brilliant. Evil Sayid, although I might want him to be good, is totally awesome. Best Naveen acting in three years. They actually made Claire's character interesting, gave O'Quinn something to do instead of leaving him dead, and Nadia being with Sayid's brother is simply saying that not everything is perfect.

EVERYTHING they have done this season is working. Working very well, in my opinion. They are making up for the confusing and less-than-spectacular penultimate season they had. I understand being a little more critical, but hey, if you think they are going to do what you want them to, you've been watching a different show than I for the last 6 years.

[/minirant]

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 03:13:44 PM »
I gave this an 8.  The on-island action was pretty intense and moved the story forward towards a boiling point.  We're kind of at that "holy crap, what can happen next" point.  The off-island stuff continued to be a bit slow, but I am keeping the faith that they will bring them together and need the stories to do this (at this point, I can't believe it is just filler... that would be WAY too disappointing).

I was very close to going with my third "7" of the season, but I gave it a slight nudge over the Lighthouse because of significant move forward on-island.

Negatives:
Very little Ben.
No Jacob
Where is Jin? Sawyer?

I am interested in some of the criticism of the episode... I definitely don't want to criticize the opinion as each opinion is valuable and stands on it's own.  My question is around the types of things that are seemingly bringing the score down... taking Razzle's post as an example, many of the things are about what was missing in the episode, but not what was seen in the episode.  The other major area seems to be around new questions brought up.  Is this a by-product of expectations?  Is there a feeling of frustration because you (and I mean the general "you") have certain expectations on what we are going to be seeing by this point in the season?

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 04:13:01 PM »
 I gave this episode a 6 as I found it a bit way too over the top with Locke and Sayid, I was half expecting Locke's eyes to start glowing red, why not just promise him the 72 virgins.

Free will and Sayid chose it, contrary to jack's idea that everything was fated fro him all along by Jacob.

Why did Jacob want Say id taken to the temple so badly, then no stay away from the temple.

I don't think Kate is following Locke, she is trying to communicate with crazy Claire.

Has Sawyer given up free will?
Has Jin?

More questions than answers being raised here.

Sorry but the Sideways thing does not work for me it is padding plain and simple  to stretch the episodes out. if if this is their life as if the plane never crashed (and yes Jacob let a lot of Innocent people die to get to his candidates), then why not the same. Because the producers,w writers ran out of ideas.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 05:30:40 PM »
I gave this episode a 6 as I found it a bit way too over the top with Locke and Sayid, I was half expecting Locke's eyes to start glowing red, why not just promise him the 72 virgins.

Free will and Sayid chose it, contrary to jack's idea that everything was fated fro him all along by Jacob.

Why did Jacob want Say id taken to the temple so badly, then no stay away from the temple.

I don't think Kate is following Locke, she is trying to communicate with crazy Claire.

Has Sawyer given up free will?
Has Jin?

More questions than answers being raised here.

Sorry but the Sideways thing does not work for me it is padding plain and simple  to stretch the episodes out. if if this is their life as if the plane never crashed (and yes Jacob let a lot of Innocent people die to get to his candidates), then why not the same. Because the producers,w writers ran out of ideas.
There are reasons why it isn't identical... sigh... TPTB will make it obvious eventually. It isn't simply padding because each episode is showing us something important in the sideflash.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »
This season is ten times better than season 2 and 5. Every single episode so far has been brilliant, with the exception of LA X, which was only mostly brilliant. Evil Sayid, although I might want him to be good, is totally awesome. Best Naveen acting in three years. They actually made Claire's character interesting, gave O'Quinn something to do instead of leaving him dead, and Nadia being with Sayid's brother is simply saying that not everything is perfect.

EVERYTHING they have done this season is working. Working very well, in my opinion. They are making up for the confusing and less-than-spectacular penultimate season they had. I understand being a little more critical, but hey, if you think they are going to do what you want them to, you've been watching a different show than I for the last 6 years.

[/minirant]

I loved Season's 2 and 5 and I'm so far disappointed with this Season.  I want the Sideways Universe to be connect to this Universe somehow and not just a "what if" Universe.  So it still could be saved for me... I hope it is... and soon...

This episode was only so-so... 

"LA X" has been my favorite epi so far

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 09:34:14 PM »
I gave it a 7. I thought it was not as good as the last two but I agree that it got us to a boiling point and it got the characters to were they need to be for the big confrontations.

I agree with GJ that it was a bit over the top with Sayid and Locke. Some of this is getting a little to much.

I enjoy the alt stories but i wish I knew if they meant anything at all. I read someone's theory today that at the end the losties are going to have to chose between the island time line and the alt time line. That may be a way to make both this seasons alt time line and the earlier seasons time lines work.