Author Topic: Questions Answered  (Read 5787 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Questions Answered
« on: March 02, 2010, 11:04:02 PM »
With only a few more episodes left, we're supposed to be getting answers.  I'm not seeing the answers, so I thought I would see if anyone else caught any.

I'm going to try and start a new thread every episode, just so we can keep up with questions answered each episode.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Questions Answered
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:18:23 PM »
Why Dogan came to the Island - A pact with Jacob.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:21:09 PM »
I need to watch that part again; did Dogen realize long before that he had been duped, or was he still hopeful until he heard Jacob was dead? And why would Jacob want to lure him to the island anyway?

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:22:40 PM »
I think the answers are about to start pouring in.  In the previous seasons we always get this big march a few episodes before the finale and thats when all the answers occur.   Now we have 10 episodes left and that big march is already beginning.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:24:05 PM »
I think a huge question we've answered from Season 1 is who was Jin's watch going to be delivered to? Answer: Keamy

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 11:30:44 PM »
There was also some speculation that MIB was trying to "home" to the temple, but it seems like that is NOT his home.

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 11:32:33 PM »
There was also some speculation that MIB was trying to "home" to the temple, but it seems like that is NOT his home.
Interesting.. So why bother clearing out the temple?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 11:33:06 PM »
I think a huge question we've answered from Season 1 is who was Jin's watch going to be delivered to? Answer: Keamy
That was a leap. Just because Keamy had Jin, it does not mean he was delivering the watch. Or did I miss something. Did we see the watch??

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 11:33:35 PM »
that's how my family acts when they get home.  well, minus the killing.  it's all out destruction.

Offline infrared41

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 11:41:04 PM »
Not really since Keamy was in the "sideways" timeline. Keamy was a gangster in this timeline he was a mercenary in the other timeline. As we've already seen on numerous occasions, the sideways timeline differs a great deal from the island timeline. It was Keamy this time but there's literally no way to know if that's who the watch was going to originally. Since Keamy was in an entirely different line of work (mercenary) the first time around I'd say the watch was definitely not going to him on the original timeline.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 11:55:28 PM »
Not really since Keamy was in the "sideways" timeline. Keamy was a gangster in this timeline he was a mercenary in the other timeline. As we've already seen on numerous occasions, the sideways timeline differs a great deal from the island timeline. It was Keamy this time but there's literally no way to know if that's who the watch was going to originally. Since Keamy was in an entirely different line of work (mercenary) the first time around I'd say the watch was definitely not going to him on the original timeline.
...and the rewatch with popups mentioned the sideways were what "would" have happened...so that sort of implies its not relative to the other timeline at all...

Offline dragonflyk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 12:03:21 AM »
Just a thought...could be way off base here, but....
Any merit to some (or all) of the folks headed down a certain path regardless of the which dimension they were in?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 12:08:39 AM »
I wouldn't say mercenary and gangster are complete opposite sides of the spectrum, although you are right, not original timeline.
That was a leap. Just because Keamy had Jin, it does not mean he was delivering the watch. Or did I miss something. Did we see the watch??
Not sure it's that big of a leap. Why else would Jin be there? I think we're meant to assume that Jin was delivering Keamy the watch.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 12:10:54 AM »
I wouldn't say mercenary and gangster are complete opposite sides of the spectrum, although you are right, not original timeline.
Not sure it's that big of a leap. Why else would Jin be there? I think we're meant to assume that Jin was delivering Keamy the watch.

or all that money

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 12:25:20 AM »
I need to watch that part again; did Dogen realize long before that he had been duped, or was he still hopeful until he heard Jacob was dead? And why would Jacob want to lure him to the island anyway?
we don't know he was duped, right ?
for all we know his son actually is alive and well in Japan