Author Topic: Sayid: Evil? ALSO MIB?  (Read 8879 times)

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Sayid: Evil? ALSO MIB?
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2010, 01:03:53 PM »
the one idea that pops up when i try and simplify all of this is "Trading places" and the $1 bet by randy & morty DUKE...

Given a life thats poor or violent or unloved etc... could it change if the right circumstances were offered..

If kate was never abused
If sayid was never forced to torture
If jack had a loving home
If ben wasnt Blamed
If Sawyers family wasnt conned
etc...

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2010, 01:57:44 PM »
the one idea that pops up when i try and simplify all of this is "Trading places" and the $1 bet by randy & morty DUKE...

Given a life thats poor or violent or unloved etc... could it change if the right circumstances were offered..

If kate was never abused
If ben wasnt Blamed
etc...

HUH??

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2010, 11:11:45 PM »

If kate was never abused
If ben wasnt Blamed
etc...

HUH??

sorry was late and i was in a rush to get ready for work..... my point being as similar the the "dukes" logic in trading places eddie murphy was a product of his environment...similar to sayid being raised in a war torn nation and drafted into the republican gaurd out of no choice of his own... then being  "used" as a torturer which led him to being bribed into breaking a sleeper cell and later recruited by ben to assasinate those who he is told are associated with the man who ordered the hit on nadia.... meaning he wasnt bad on his own, he was bred into it....

but given the right conditions he would have turned out very differently....

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2010, 11:43:41 PM »
Okay, I see what you're saying now, but I think that was the whole point of the flashbacks in the first seasons. We saw how they were, and why they were like that. It's the oldest arguement on the books, nature vs. nurture.

Offline ozman776

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2010, 11:50:15 PM »
yeah i was just putting a twist on it, with a great flick although it was meant as a comedy... the true underlying of trading places was that anyone can be anything if they are given small hurdles to overcome... but when brick walls are placed in front, or in some peoples cases including our losties .."DETOUR SIGNS"... i think we can see things differently if we are the ones looking in on someones life , rather than actually living it....