Author Topic: Sayid: Evil? ALSO MIB?  (Read 8874 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Sayid: Evil? ALSO MIB?
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2010, 03:42:12 PM »
Sayid is the new Faust on the island (I think Ben was the first....)

Oh you might hate me for this, but what does that mean??

Faust is a German legend regarding an individual selling his soul to the devil for knowledge......Sayid "sold" his soul to MIB
Ahhhh, gotcha. Thanks.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2010, 04:20:17 PM »
Fwiw - Jacob always makes a point of saying "you have a choice" when trying to get someone to do something.

I find that telling someone "you have a choice" is the easiest way to manipulate them into doing exactly what you wanted to begin with :o)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2010, 04:22:41 PM »
Sayid is evil.  His scale was tipped the wrong way.  Has it always been like that?  Is it due to the tainted water?  
I don't think that anyone views themselves as evil even if the outsider perspective is just that.  Sayid kept saying he was a good man but we can see from his past that he wasn't.  Sure, he felt regret, I guess.  He had his good person moments like shooting himself in the leg to allow Nadia to escape.  But he does have the scales.  Were his good deeds ever enough to outweigh his bad?  

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 04:49:49 PM »
Sayid is evil.  His scale was tipped the wrong way.  Has it always been like that?  Is it due to the tainted water?  
I don't think that anyone views themselves as evil even if the outsider perspective is just that.  Sayid kept saying he was a good man but we can see from his past that he wasn't.  Sure, he felt regret, I guess.  He had his good person moments like shooting himself in the leg to allow Nadia to escape.  But he does have the scales.  Were his good deeds ever enough to outweigh his bad?  

I think the water has zero to do with it.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2010, 05:41:53 PM »
I still don't think Sayid is "evil." He may kill people (which isn't something a normal person would do) but it is usually because that person IS "bad" or is hurting someone/something he needs to protect. I'm sure in his past, Sayid had to kill people in order to stay alive himself.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 06:16:12 PM »
If Sayid were not old Sayid, he wouldn't give a crap about Nadia. So I say he's not more evil now than he was when he turned on his best friend (also for Nadia!!!) or when he tortured and killed people.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 06:33:47 PM »
MIB promised Sayid he could be with Nadia if he killed Dogan. Since Dogan wanted to kill Sayid and had tortured him Sayid killed him no problem. Point is he is doing what he is doing so he can be with Nadia again. To Sayid the others are evil including Lennon who was in on torturing Sayid.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2010, 07:05:06 PM »
Remember Shakespeare's line, "Fair is foul and foul is fair."

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2010, 08:28:53 PM »
MIB promised Sayid he could be with Nadia if he killed Dogan. Since Dogan wanted to kill Sayid and had tortured him Sayid killed him no problem. Point is he is doing what he is doing so he can be with Nadia again. To Sayid the others are evil including Lennon who was in on torturing Sayid.
He looked pretty crazed to me.  Not hesitating a split second to kill them.  Just cold.  I dunno, I guess maybe he has to enter that "zone" in order to do those things.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2010, 09:00:47 PM »
With Sayid

It was as if the flash sideways was a explanation of what we were about to see..

« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:13:44 AM by Bostonlost »

Offline terry700

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2010, 10:01:25 PM »
Didn't Shannon die in Sayid's arms?  He loved her, couldn't that be what he wanted, "the only thing I ever wanted died in my arms"?  Isn't Shannon appearing in future episodes?  Did Nadia die in Sayid's arms?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2010, 10:24:58 PM »
Didn't Shannon die in Sayid's arms?  He loved her, couldn't that be what he wanted, "the only thing I ever wanted died in my arms"?  Isn't Shannon appearing in future episodes?  Did Nadia die in Sayid's arms?

I think that Shannon AND Nadia died in his arms. You make a good point here.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2010, 10:57:51 PM »

Pretty sure only Shannon died in his arms, literally.  Nadia was hit by a car, but may have dies in his arms metaphorically.

I think that Shannon AND Nadia died in his arms. You make a good point here.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 04:37:14 PM »
That was disturbing, Bostonlost! LOL

When Sayid said that line, I remembered Nadia & Shannon & thought that Sayid meant that he wanted a love that lasts a lifetime.

Re: Sayid being evil- I saw how things played out as another shout out to Star Wars (big surprise there).  Palpatine promised Anakin that he could have the ones he loves forever, & when Anakin crossed over to the dark side, his 1st order of business was to march in & purge the Jedi Temple.  Whether or not the parallels will also include Sayid's redemption is yet to be seen!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 04:39:27 PM by PrincessLeia »

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 01:51:13 AM »
That was disturbing, Bostonlost! LOL

Thanks