Author Topic: Sayid: Evil? ALSO MIB?  (Read 9650 times)

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Sayid: Evil? ALSO MIB?
« on: March 02, 2010, 11:00:13 PM »
sayid has gone to the dark side.  so does that mean that smokey can infest multiple people?[/color[

Offline katbriil

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Sayid: Evil? ALSO MIB?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 11:03:01 PM »
Sayid and Claire both. I don't know if he's so much "infesting" multiple people as maybe "infecting" their brains. Mind control or something. But I don't think Smokey is split into pieces and in a bunch of bodies at once.

Offline musicotb

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 11:04:04 PM »
Jack should have let him take the pill

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 11:05:31 PM »
oh, how could i forget claire.   

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 11:22:46 PM »
But, I'm not ready to call Sayid evil. I'm glad he killed Dogen and Lennon (It is only a tv show; I do not condone killing in real life)

Offline losttill0208

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 11:25:12 PM »
But, I'm not ready to call Sayid evil. I'm glad he killed Dogen and Lennon (It is only a tv show; I do not condone killing in real life)
Sayid is definitely evil. He many not have been when he left the temple but he was when he came back.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 11:26:25 PM »
Not buying this Evil thing yet

Even in the Old Testement God wiped out Sodom and Gomorrah

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »
Sayid is definitely evil. He many not have been when he left the temple but he was when he came back.
That could be the sickness in his heart - the whole darkness taking over bit from Dogan's original explanation of the infection.

Offline infrared41

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 11:29:13 PM »
That's good to know.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 11:31:01 PM »

Dunno - the Temple people appeared to be rather peaceful, not wicked. What MIB did looked rather evil. Although I do see your point - those that don't leave now will be destroyed.

What I want to know is what Dogen would have done to stop him.....I'm not sure Dogen had to be killed

Offline infrared41

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 11:46:40 PM »
What I want to know is what Dogen would have done to stop him.....I'm not sure Dogen had to be killed
Dogen was killed because he sent Sayid out to kill un-Locke. It was a revenge thing. That's how they let us know that Sayid is now in un-Locke's camp.

Offline dragonflyk

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 11:48:11 PM »

Dunno - the Temple people appeared to be rather peaceful, not wicked. What MIB did looked rather evil. Although I do see your point - those that don't leave now will be destroyed.

Maybe that is what the boy in the forest was talking about?? You can't kill HIM?? Him being Dogen...so like Jacob, he had someone else do his bidding for him?

Just a suggestion...

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 11:53:20 PM »
It was the temple people and Jacob followers that had no problem killing Jack-Kate-Sayid-Miles- Hurley-Jin

It was Jacob that seemed not to bothered with a car plowing into Nadia...Jacob would have given the OK to kill Dharma? yes?

Jacob never got a message to Richard when the Oceanoc flight crashed to let these certain candidates live.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 12:00:05 AM »
sayid has gone to the dark side.  so does that mean that smokey can infest multiple people?[/color[
I think we are looking at this too hard, it's beyond explaination at this point...you just have to take it at face value, Smockes presense, his voice or his influence is all it takes...you cant explain it and you dont need to...Smocke has the ability to swing people to his side, and that's apparently enough...

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 12:11:04 AM »
What I'm seeing here is a repeat of a theme... MIB is using the weaknesses and wants of the candidates (& Claire?) to recruit/manipulate them...

Sawyer: Wants to get off of the island in a VERY bad way to get rid of the place where so many bad things happened to him.

Claire: Wants nothing more than to have her baby back.

Sayid: We saw tonight that all he's ever wanted was Nadia... MIB totally used "what if you could?" to manipulate him...

I dont know if he's planning on doing this sort of thing with Jack, Kate and Hurley but I guess we'll have to wait and see