Author Topic: My Theory At Length...Kinda  (Read 1435 times)

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
My Theory At Length...Kinda
« on: March 02, 2010, 03:05:31 PM »
   Okay. So I've thrown my basic theory up here a couple times in response to some posts. I'll put it here a little more in depth. I take alot of my stuff from MikeNY's Mirror Matter theory, with a little bit sprinkled in. Okay here goes.

The story takes place in multiple dimensions. No telling how many, but multiple nonetheless. In our first 5 seasons, we were dealing with the Losties from Dimension Y. All these dimensions are connected through whatever thin metaphysical way TPTB put in place. The Island exists as a Constant in each universe. It can move both its Physical Position (Season 4 Finale) and it's place in time (First few episodes in season 5). I believe also that the Island moves between dimensions. So when the losties were skipping through time they were also going to different Universes. When the jumping finally stops, they stop in Demension X. They do their time in Dharma Ville, and at the end of Season 5 the Nuke blows the Island to pieces in Dimension X. This resets the Losties to the Demension and time they actually belong in. That is why they woke up where they did. This is how the Island can exist both above water, and below it. So we now are seeing what would have been had the island never entered their lives. Differences abound over here, some being pretty epic. Locke's dad never pushed him out of the window, but Locke is still paralyzed, why? I think there will be a player from Dimension X that will be needed on the island. I think all universes are existing on top of one another.

How Does the Island move? Well we know the island moves in response to the Donkey Wheel turning, but why? The Donkey wheel opens a space in the Metaphysical Fabric that Binds these worlds together. Thats why there was skipping in the beginning of season 5. The Opening was stuck slightly open.

What is the End Game? The two players in the game (Jacob and The Man in Black) want two different things. I do not think that either one is necessarily Good, or Bad, just different schools of thought. Jacob wants to keep MiB there, and wants to keep the wheel going. MiB wants the game to be over. He does not want to be a slave to the island and not allowed to leave. The fact that there is an objective that needs to be done in order to leave is BIG. If it simply hinged on the existence of a parallel(sp) dimension he would be gone already. He obviously needs to do something else to leave. I think he needs to make sure Jacob has no other candidates left, but the existence of the new universes actually hampers MiB's objective, because Jacob now has a new set of candidates to use from this parallel(sp) dimension.

What is the Island? I KNOW I am going to lose people on this one, but I STILL think the island is some sort of Purgatory or proving ground for people's souls. I know, I know. TPTB have explicitly said this is not the case, but I think this is because EVERYONE called it out in season 1. I don't think the Losties died to get there, I think they just happened upon the doorway to it during their flight. So there it is. There's more to it, it develops every day, but thats the gist.

CRACKPOT section: The Numbers.

Okay this is separate from the first part, but I just want some input.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Losties were on 815. Ajira was 316. Is it far fetched to say that TPTB gave us a hint there with the "3"?

3 4 8 15 16 23 42

Now 3+4+8=15, 4+4=8, 15+8=23, 23+16+3=42. Now all the numbers can be derived from the other numbers.

Take it one step farther. 3+16=19. 09/22/2004 was the date flight 815 crashed. 9+2+2+2+0+0+4=19!

So like I said VERY shaky, but I would Like to know who number 19 was on the wheel. Probably nothing, but a Dark Tower Fanatic can dream can't he? That's it. Skewer at will

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 03:20:02 PM by I_Am_Jacob »

Offline CrashandCari

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: My Theory At Length...Kinda
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 12:23:21 PM »
Interesting what you come up with when you throw 3 into the mix

According to lostpedia.wikia.com

19 = Nguyen (on the Lighthouse wheel) (no information on them)

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Numbers

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 05:19:50 AM »
Island as portal to another dimension, I like that. Agreed that TPTB have ruled out purgatory. But proving ground for people's souls? Yes. I like that a lot.

The End Game and the Losties having to do something so they and MIB can leave.. My Magic 8 Ball says, "Too soon to tell". lol, but I agree it is a battle of philosophies, and it will be epic.

How does the island move? That question used to bug me too but not so much any more. It's probably what TPTB are referring to when they say they aren't going to explain too much, like Lucas did with Star Wars and midichlorians. Sorry, can't help myself, SW Rant mode=ON.  The Force was something that seemed available to anyone who could calm their mind. But something in your blood than can be measured, and if you don't have enough mililiters or whatever then, "No Force for you!" ?!? BAH! Ruined! Whew! Anyway, I will be ok if they don't explain exactly how the island does what it does. Any further revelations by TPTB will appreciated tho.

Putting 3 in with the numbers is pretty cool. I suspect the numbers have been explained as much as they are going to be in terms of Jacob and his candidates. And Dharma's use of the numbers seems to be explained by the Valenzetti equation. It would be good to hear how both parties arrived at those numbers but with Faraday and Dharma in the past I'm not holding my breath. I would love to hear Hurley ask Jacob about the numbers. It was so frustrating that he didn't notice his magic numbers on the Lighthouse wheel. It might still come up with Sawyer and Jack being exposed to the meaning of the numbers.

How the numbers appear in the Losties lives, and whether they have coincidence or meaning? I think that will be up to the Losties themselves. Maybe it will turn out to be something akin to a cross-dimensional post-hypnotic suggestion. Like you see a number as you're walking down the street and you think, "Hey that's my lucky number! I should go to Australia." ;-)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 05:21:34 AM by ericd543 »

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 09:50:38 AM »
Check this out. Goes along well with your theory of the dimensions being on top of each other.

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2010-04/theoretical-physicist-locates-our-universe-predicts-end-lost

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 02:07:16 PM »
Love it. Yeah may be something they expand on in the Complete Series on Blu-Ray, but yeah. I think this is the theory I am going with as to the relationship between the two universes on LOST.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 11:22:05 PM »
So you're saying the 1974-77 events we saw were all 1974-77 X?  Then how do you explain Richard 2007 saying "I saw them all die in 1977"?  That's not 2007 X.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 12:40:07 PM »
Did he say a year after that comment? I think he just said, "I saw them all die." The thing about Richard is we don't yet know why he said that. If he WAS referring to the weapon that detonated, and actually was inferring that he saw them die, then yeah it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Also with the way the  series seems to be going the last couple of weeks I am about to declare this theory incorrect, as I do with a lot of my theories.