Author Topic: Did Claire go in the pool? What exactly did Dogen mean Happened to Claire?  (Read 1533 times)

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
...I just don't think that a dip in the pool makes you infected, because they do not want infected people amongst them.  So maybe I am missing something.
you are correct
the pool has nothing to do with infecting people
the risk Dogen was talking about was that the pool would not heal Sayid and that he would drown   
Dogen knew Sayid would be held under the water, he also knew the something was wrong with the water(it was murky), so he was guessing it might not work

the water being murky was a complete surprise to them, so it wasn't murky when little Ben was put in

Claire would only have been put into the pool if she was injured while they were trying to catch her and they needed her healed so they could question her, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems they just captured her, questioned her and tested her and then she escaped. Any lack of memory she has is from brainwashing from "her friend" and Christian. 

But richard also said there was a "risk" when he took Ben from kate and sawyer.

Kat was like "risks"? and richard was like "Well he wont remember any of this, he will not be the same."

***Saw  a transcript, maybe he didnt say "risks" **
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 01:05:47 PM by SQUIRT199 »

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
I'm of the opinion that:

a) the stuff Desmond had injected himself with, that I think Claire and/or Aaron received a shot of, was just a placebo - the whole thing was a mind game, perpetrated in part by Kelvin, on Desmond, to keep him mainly confined to the Hatch.

b) Claire did indeed die in the rocket attach

c) the pool is unrelated to the infection.  The pool can save you, heal certain injuries (ala Ben).  If it fails, you die.  It doesn't infect you.

d) dying, I think, *is* related to the infection - Sayid died, got infected.  Claire, I believe, did die, got infected.  I'd also say that Christian died, dead body was brought to the island, and he was infected as well.

Perhaps the pool is the source of the islands healing powers - proximity to the pool causes you to heal faster than normal.  Actually being immersed in the pool, if it works, causes very fast or immediate healing. 

I like the idea she died in the rocket attack, as miles eluded that she may not be alright
**transcripts
SAWYER: Open the damn door! Son of a bitch just left us here. Open the damn door!

[Hurley emerges with Claire, who's carrying Aaron.]

CLAIRE: What's going on?

LOCKE: Claire?

SAWYER: You all right, sweetheart?

CLAIRE: Yeah, a bit wobbly, but, uh, I'll live.

MILES: Well, I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Who was it that Sawyer got out of the crumbled house?

If it was MIB, who was in the cabin with Claire, we know that was not Christian, (unless there are some Christian is alive believers left)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
the only thing i have to say about this not that it holds any weight is that we've seen that the smoke monster can break up and be more than one at a time... like when Juliet turned on the Pilons and right when it hit it split into 2 monsters and ran away... does this mean it can be at more than one place at a time? or was it jsut a defense mechanism to get away from the pilons?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
...I just don't think that a dip in the pool makes you infected, because they do not want infected people amongst them.  So maybe I am missing something.
you are correct
the pool has nothing to do with infecting people
the risk Dogen was talking about was that the pool would not heal Sayid and that he would drown   
Dogen knew Sayid would be held under the water, he also knew the something was wrong with the water(it was murky), so he was guessing it might not work

the water being murky was a complete surprise to them, so it wasn't murky when little Ben was put in

Claire would only have been put into the pool if she was injured while they were trying to catch her and they needed her healed so they could question her, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems they just captured her, questioned her and tested her and then she escaped. Any lack of memory she has is from brainwashing from "her friend" and Christian. 

But richard also said there was a "risk" when he took Ben from kate and sawyer.

Kat was like "risks"? and richard was like "Well he wont remember any of this, he will not be the same."

***Saw  a transcript, maybe he didnt say "risks" **

the risks were with Sayid due to the water color

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
This new episode did basically confirm that Claire is not dead but under the influence of MIB