Author Topic: Dharma manual, Danielle's notebook in Claire's camp?  (Read 1730 times)

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Dharma manual, Danielle's notebook in Claire's camp?
« on: February 25, 2010, 03:47:29 AM »
Went looking for pics of Claire's scar, and grabbed some new screencaps along the way.

605-1225_Claire's camp, interior overview

futon in the middle of the room, dharma beers cans strewn about, that's my kind of camping

Is that a Dharma book cover in the background, propped up near the end of the futon, next to Danielle's notebook?!? 
EDIT -- I originally put Daniel there, I meant Danielle Rousseau, but Daniel Faraday's notebook would be interesting to anyone as well. Sorry.
Anyway, I seem to remember Danielle having a notebook. (memory is a tricky thing)
What have you been reading about at night Claire, before you go to bed?
I am intrigued.

605-1236_Claire's camp, explosives

Explosives, check. Oh man, the jungle has made Claire hard, poor sweet Claire, mother to little
baby Aaron, back in the real, real world...

605-1243_Claire's camp, bassinet

Oh look, she's been scavenging the Dharma ruins, there's a bassinet.

605-1238_Claire's camp, baby books, tray-o-clamps, Dhama Ginger Ale

Oh, and some books, she must role play reading, aww, reading to a dolly, how sadly sweet...

Dharma Ginger Ale. Good for you, Claire.

605-1257_Claire's camp, devil baby1

WTF?!? Claire's reading nighttime stories to a devil doll!!

605-1300_Claire's camp, devil doll2

camera pans down showing lower half of Claire's devil doll, for all your Vincent theories and Halloween costume planning needs

605-1922_Claire's camp, Dharma manual, Rousseau's notebook?

later, we're back at Claire's camp, she's been raiding Dharma alright, Dharma Ginger Ale, Dharma Coffee, Dharma Corn Flakes, and a Dharma cooking manual, survival manual perhaps? looks like maybe a fork and knife insignia, but definitely Dharma.

Maybe she raided Rousseau's camp too? We know Montand was reading existential philosopher Kierkegaard, if Claire got hold of Danielle's notebook, could she be infected with an alternate view of the way the world works?!?  hmmm...

or maybe she's reading the back of a box of Dharma cornflakes. Too soon to tell. But I hope it's more than living on cornflakes that made her crazy. Oh yeah, almost forgot about Claire's friend. Anyway...

605-2918_Claires camp, Justin, non-Dharma book and folder in background

just before giving Justin the axe, sorry, couldn't resist :-)

605-2800_Claire's camp, Claire's scar

Claire shows us her scar.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 11:01:51 PM by ericd543 »

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Dharma manual, Daniel's notebook in Claire's camp?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 01:54:04 PM »
I never noticed the baby books before.  I wonder if they were something she had taken from DHARMA or if they came from her luggage.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 03:10:30 PM »
Are you sure that's Daniel's notebook? Wouldn't Eloise have kept that you think?

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 05:45:05 PM »
Are you sure that's Daniel's notebook? Wouldn't Eloise have kept that you think?

No I'm not sure at all. Just something that occurred to me while grabbing some screen caps and noticing details in Claires camp. I originally went looking for a shot of Claire's scar and got sidetracked, which happens more often than I'd like.

But I think it would be cool if Claire had some of Danielle's objects. She has plane wreckage and lots of Dharma stuff in her camp, maybe some of Danielle's stuff too.  I'm not even 100% sure Danielle had a notebook. I'll  have to go back and look for that when she was torturing Sayid, etc. I recall Sayid grabbed the map from Danielle when he escaped.

But I'm totally serious about Montand reading Kierkegaard. Hurley found the book in the backpack of the one armed skeleton in the temple.

I've had existentialism on the brain lately, and could be completely wrong trying to connect Claire's darkness to it, but I'm sure it's in Lost's subtext at least, and may take front and center if it is indeed what the MIB is representing. My theory on this is pretty shaky, I know, but I'm working on it.

602-351-temple-book-Kierkegaard - PIC

"I feel as if I were a piece in a game of chess, when my opponent says of it: That piece cannot be moved."  -- Soren Kierkegaard
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 09:04:10 PM by ericd543 »

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 08:18:56 PM »
Oops, I meant to be talking about Danielle Rousseau's notebook. Not Daniel Faraday. Apologies for the confusion. I will fix my spelling above to avoid further confusion.

Maybe this should be in the Theories/speculation section. Sorry.

sharpened section of Dharma book could be Walnut Cooking for all I know, my mind, it goes to weird places sometimes :-)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 08:55:11 PM by ericd543 »

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 10:39:24 AM »
Ok yeah that makes more sense haha. And actually, upon closer inspection, the "sharpened section" looks like a box of vanilla cookies to me. Check out the label. I can see "VAN" and "COO" right under it.

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 07:14:51 PM »
Ok yeah that makes more sense haha. And actually, upon closer inspection, the "sharpened section" looks like a box of vanilla cookies to me. Check out the label. I can see "VAN" and "COO" right under it.

I think you're right about Vanilla Cookies. Thanks for the reality check. Details like this are fun but I can get carried away. The explosives are probably what got me thinking Claire was perhaps visiting some of Rousseau's old haunts.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 08:53:19 AM »

I think you're right about Vanilla Cookies. Thanks for the reality check. Details like this are fun but I can get carried away. The explosives are probably what got me thinking Claire was perhaps visiting some of Rousseau's old haunts.
Yeah true. But she probably got them from the Black Rock. She has pretty much turned into Rousseau though hasn't she?

Offline Kinuvia

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dharma manual, Danielle's notebook in Claire's camp?
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 10:58:35 PM »
A random thought came to my mind as I was looking at all of these awesome screencaps... Jin up close and the bassinette.  Sun has the Driveshaft ring that Charlie left for Claire in their old camp... wonder if that find will somehow be instrumental in a few episodes in saving Jin from Claire, or even in pulling her back to reality a bit.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
Re: Dharma manual, Danielle's notebook in Claire's camp?
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 01:02:18 PM »
A random thought came to my mind as I was looking at all of these awesome screencaps... Jin up close and the bassinette.  Sun has the Driveshaft ring that Charlie left for Claire in their old camp... wonder if that find will somehow be instrumental in a few episodes in saving Jin from Claire, or even in pulling her back to reality a bit.

OOooOOh!  I had almost forgotten about the DS ring!  Hopefully that will ground her a bit.  Good thought!