Author Topic: Jack was right, it was better if they never crashed  (Read 1995 times)

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Jack was right, it was better if they never crashed
« on: February 24, 2010, 08:44:26 AM »
Although Rebel has a thread similar to this, I'm only talking about those that lived up to the island moving.
I feel that the alt reality is better. Whether this is the results of them being redeemed, a reward, etc. I don't know.

Better off in the alt

Hugo- His fate is much improved in the alt timeline. He felt cursed and unlucky. In the alt, he is the luckiest man alive (according to himself). He is still nice and seems very happy.

Locke - While he is still in a wheelchair, he has Helen. They are going to get married and he doesn't seem to have the anger problems that plagued him before.
Based on the picture on his desk, he has a relationship with his father.

Jack - While he is still divorced, he has a son and he has now connected with him. He doesn't seem full or rage. He doesn't seem to be doomed to repeat how his father treated him, and he's staying away from the booze. He isn't broken.

Claire - It appears she has connected with Aaron and will keep him, thanks to Kate. I assume she'll learn that she has a brother and her and Jack can bond. Can they end up a happy Shepard family?

Sayid - Nadia is alive and has two children. Although she is married to Sayid's brother, his desire was for her to be alive and happy. He feels he does not deserve her.

Sawyer is a cop with Miles in a cheap cop buddy show.  :P He isn't a con man and seems to have a great job where he can sleep with the women and then arrest them.  ::)

Might be better- we don't know yet.

Sayid - It appears he is going to try to find Nadia. I will assume that she will accept him and they'll get together. It might be a stretch with what little we've seen so far.

Kate - Still a fugitive. She says she is innocent. She might be. Maybe her mother is guilty and will confess. She did help Claire connect with Aaron. She can't be all bad.  ;)

Sawyer - He did offer Hugo some advice and didn't appear to try to con him out of any money. We have to wait and see.

Sun and Jin - The jury is still out on them too. They don't appear to be any better or worse off than before 815 crashed. We'll have to see more.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:09:52 PM by razzle-dazzle »

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Jack was right, it was better if they never crashed
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:53:31 AM »
Yep, I see it as more clues as to Jacob not being the 'good' one..........not that I think MIB is any better. :-\

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 10:28:12 AM »
Yep, I see it as more clues as to Jacob not being the 'good' one..........not that I think MIB is any better. :-\

Maybe it isn't good vs evil, or science vs faith. Maybe it's fate vs freewill. Many people are speculating that is the conflict between Jacob and MIB.

Still, maybe Jacob is good, and he has lead Jack to make things better and the alt a reality.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 10:56:11 PM »
But there's a difference between not having crashed and the alternate timeline. Most of the things you have mentioned that are "better" are things that were different BEFORE the crash. The major exceptions, of course, are Kate's and Claire's stories.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 12:45:52 AM »
It does not look like jacob helped any of these people. They were definetely better off without Jacob screwing up their lives.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 12:47:00 AM »
and the existence of The Island screwing up their lives, too.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2010, 01:08:16 AM »
Well Kate had her chance married  with Kevin...she could have lived her life pretty well, and it didnt seem the island or Jacob changed any of that, she did. Kate changed because she likes to run, she likes the challenge of the island. So it's still a matter of percpective on if its better with or without the island...we still see Kate running in the other timeline, so only time will tell.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 12:10:44 PM »
Updated with Sawyer's better life on the other side of the law.

Offline Desmond8MyPopRocks

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 04:03:46 AM »
It will be as if the plane never crashed.  Juliette was right.  People are who they are.  Perhaps the Island gave them all a chance to be better people.  when they returned to their own lives, most of them were selfish dorks.

cheers
*Des8