Author Topic: Dr. Linus Prediction  (Read 6371 times)

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Linus Prediction
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2010, 02:30:22 PM »
how did this thread turn into the teachers association of america.. i simply stated that to Roger ( IF this is the case) if he is a doctor looking down at his son being so unaccepting of his existence would see his elementary job as lowly. thats not my opinion at all.. it just seems liek all you teachers have some internal issues and self doubt that YOU have to work on... not my opinion.. Rogers.
Don't worry about it bro.  What you are saying makes a lot of sense from Roger's point of view- especially if Ben's birth causes his mother's death in this time line as well.  I don't think ANYTHING Ben could do would make up for that in his father's eyes. 
I guess we are all in the "teachers are all right!" camp besides Roger Linues.  High Fives all around! (hm, it appears there is no "high five" smiley.  use your imagination!)

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 06:29:45 PM »
how did this thread turn into the teachers association of america.. i simply stated that to Roger ( IF this is the case) if he is a doctor looking down at his son being so unaccepting of his existence would see his elementary job as lowly. thats not my opinion at all.. it just seems liek all you teachers have some internal issues and self doubt that YOU have to work on... not my opinion.. Rogers.
Don't worry about it bro.  What you are saying makes a lot of sense from Roger's point of view- especially if Ben's birth causes his mother's death in this time line as well.  I don't think ANYTHING Ben could do would make up for that in his father's eyes. 
I guess we are all in the "teachers are all right!" camp besides Roger Linues.  High Fives all around! (hm, it appears there is no "high five" smiley.  use your imagination!)

i agree that teachers are the shiznit. i never said anything otherwise. kudos to all you who are teachers, and whom have spouses who are...

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 07:46:28 PM »
I just hope he is married to Annie.
I waited for Annie for years and didn't saw her in the Dharmavillage in season 5.

I don't think that this is going to happen.  I think she is gone forever.
That sucks a frozen donkey wheel!  They said that we would get back to her story!  :'(

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 08:04:24 PM »
I waited for Annie for years and didn't saw her in the Dharmavillage in season 5.

That sucks a frozen donkey wheel!  They said that we would get back to her story!  :'(
my best theory about Annie is that they will mention her in some way through words or the characters talking about her closure... though that sucks as well.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2010, 08:32:50 PM »

my best theory about Annie is that they will mention her in some way through words or the characters talking about her closure... though that sucks as well.
Do you think we made to much of Annie.  I think his holding onto those dolls was a sign of the old Ben

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2010, 01:04:44 PM »
She was the only one to ever like him ad be nice to him.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2010, 08:18:04 PM »
Well, she showed him kindess as a child, but they never showed her again.  So I tend to think that even though she made him those gifts  it was a kind gesture.  He was having a tough time then and it was the one thing he had to remember a time of good.

Frankly I don't think that their relationship was the reason Ben was so selfish later.

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2010, 09:39:36 AM »
Ben married to Juliet in the ATL. I like it!

What was Ben promised and when was he promised it? Could it be for kicking Widmore off the island? Ben's mother appeared to him in the jungle. Was it Smokey? Ben maintains he's been working for Jacob but he never saw Jacob. He might get stuck with, from his point of view, the crappy original timeline -- hunted down by Widmore, daughter killed, leadership privileges revoked. "What about me?" to Jacob. Something good in the ATL is likely what he has (or had) at stake. I've always wondered what Ben's motivation is. When smokey judged him hid he lose and have to stay on the island?

An episode with Linus in the title means it's gotta be good.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:55:03 AM by ericd543 »

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2010, 10:40:40 AM »
I'm going to throw this out there, I say I have about a 2% chance of being right, but if I am, then I'll feel cool.

I'm assuming that in the ATL that Ben, being a history teacher at an elementary school, doesn't have a PHD, so would not have the title "doctor". If he was a H.S. teacher then maybe, college then likely, but elementary school just doesn't seem to fit.

So, my prediction is that "Dr. Linus" is actually referring to his wife who is a doctor. On the island, he had a big crush on a particular doctor, but it didn't work out, so maybe in the ATL it works our slightly different.

So my predicition is that Dr. Linus will be Mrs. Juliet Linus.

Yuck if Juliet is with Ben in sideways future I will throw up in my mouth ::)

I agree you have about a 2% chance with this theory (and if you're right I may also be sick) but I always root for an underdog, so good luck!   ;)

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2010, 02:12:44 PM »
Well even if I do get ill, I am super excited to see a Ben episode!!!! I am going to watch it with more of an open mind this week. Can't wait!!!!!!

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »
Well even if I do get ill, I am super excited to see a Ben episode!!!! I am going to watch it with more of an open mind this week. Can't wait!!!!!!

Just keep a pail and some breath mints handy to be safe!   :P

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 02:53:24 AM »
Well, just thought I'd close this one out.

I'm glad they took care of the answer in the first 90 seconds so I wouldn't dwell on it. In fact, from the beginning when Ben was talking about Napoleon, I figured he was going to be the Dr.

Also, I realized too late that I had forgotten a MAJOR clue...Dr. Artz was a high school teacher. If I had remembered that, it would have made a big difference. I'm glad nobody had to lose their dinner.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 09:29:42 PM »
Well they have not thrown us any curve balls on titles

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2010, 01:53:18 AM »
I'm kind of disappointed we'll probably never learn more about Annie.  I thought for sure she'd play an integral part in Ben's life.  Did we ever find out what exactly was causing the childbirth issues on the island or get a clear reason for why he's obsessed with fixing it?  I thought for sure it would have something to do with him marrying Annie and knocking her up and her dying.  I don't believe Jughead would have anything to do with it, at least not in a radiation sense.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2010, 04:29:13 PM »
I just read somewhere tha we are not going to get any more info about the fertility issues.  I believe TPTB clue was something to do with 1977. Maybe this was on ew.com somewhere. I was reading that site a lot yesterday.