Author Topic: Dr. Linus Prediction  (Read 6757 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Dr. Linus Prediction
« on: February 24, 2010, 03:27:27 AM »
I'm going to throw this out there, I say I have about a 2% chance of being right, but if I am, then I'll feel cool.

I'm assuming that in the ATL that Ben, being a history teacher at an elementary school, doesn't have a PHD, so would not have the title "doctor". If he was a H.S. teacher then maybe, college then likely, but elementary school just doesn't seem to fit.

So, my prediction is that "Dr. Linus" is actually referring to his wife who is a doctor. On the island, he had a big crush on a particular doctor, but it didn't work out, so maybe in the ATL it works our slightly different.

So my predicition is that Dr. Linus will be Mrs. Juliet Linus.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Linus Prediction
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:37:21 AM »
interesting

I was going with the assumption that he actually has a PhD but that he's just as much of a evil, manipulative jerk in the alt time line as he is in the island timeline
so he can't get along with anyone, and has been fired from the important position he once had and now this job is all he can get

or
he's a historian with crackpot ideas about ancient civilizations, gods and time travel and has been ridiculed out of academia and  now this job is all he can get

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 06:07:25 PM »
I like all 3 ideas, but CaseyMac's would def have the biggest "wtf" factor!

Offline Walkabout V.2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 08:26:10 AM »
I'm going to throw this out there, I say I have about a 2% chance of being right, but if I am, then I'll feel cool.

I'm assuming that in the ATL that Ben, being a history teacher at an elementary school, doesn't have a PHD, so would not have the title "doctor". If he was a H.S. teacher then maybe, college then likely, but elementary school just doesn't seem to fit.

So, my prediction is that "Dr. Linus" is actually referring to his wife who is a doctor. On the island, he had a big crush on a particular doctor, but it didn't work out, so maybe in the ATL it works our slightly different.

So my predicition is that Dr. Linus will be Mrs. Juliet Linus.
And she meets a charming con man and they go dutch for coffee. I do applaud your prediction and talk about WOW factor.

Offline I_Am_Jacob

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 01:00:40 PM »
I'm on board! Fits right in.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2010, 02:00:38 PM »
I love the idea but really Juliette and Kate will be together ::) 
having coffee

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 11:04:33 AM »
Yuck if Juliet is with Ben in sideways future I will throw up in my mouth ::)

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 02:44:10 PM »
Since AltLocke was teaching sex ed (not a combination I would have enjoyed) it does not appear that this is elementary school, correct?  I mean to don't think they cover that subject that early, do they?  I assumed this was junior high, but I like the hidea proposed that Linus
is a historian with crackpot ideas about ancient civilizations, gods and time travel and has been ridiculed out of academia and  now this job is all he can get.  That could fit.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 04:35:37 PM »
First sex ed class I can remember having was 6th grade, which was middle school for me but could still be elementary school elsewhere.  I've also had at least one teacher who had a PhD.  For now, I'll assume he's just a well-educated teacher.  Less than a week to find out.

I was hoping to find someone discussing the preview for this after Sundown.  They either let slip a spoiler or were being deliberately misleading.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 05:13:22 PM »
First sex ed class I can remember having was 6th grade, which was middle school for me but could still be elementary school elsewhere.  I've also had at least one teacher who had a PhD.  For now, I'll assume he's just a well-educated teacher.  Less than a week to find out.

I was hoping to find someone discussing the preview for this after Sundown.  They either let slip a spoiler or were being deliberately misleading.

Yes, the preview said something about Ben which I found very alarming. I am not sure if it's a spoiler since it was on the ABC preview for next week but I too was surprised not to see a thread about it.

Offline nikarro

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »
ME TOO!  I thought it was strange to reveal something like that in the preview, but maybe someone at ABC just forgot their Thesaurus and used the wrong word!

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 01:57:34 PM »
I think he's probably teaching high school.  It wasn't a sex ed class Locke was teaching but an anatomy class.  And Ben said he was European History, right?  Those kids of classes don't start until at least middle school, and definitely high school.  Plus in elementary school there is one teacher for all the subjects aside from gym, music, and art. 

It would be interesting to see Juliet, but gosh, I don't want to see her with Ben!  (great theory though!)
Maybe it's like a Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde thing.  We'll see another side of Ben.
OR this was in the preview, so if that is a spoiler, sorry!
It looked like Ben was digging up Locke's grave, maybe he is Dr. Frankenstein-Linus.

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2010, 06:32:33 AM »
okay this is a far fetched reach of a theory.. but what if Dr Linus is referring to Roger Linus, and Ben is living in his shadow and his ATL life is trying to live up to his father as a Dr. and he is just a lowly ( no offense if anyone is) elementary school teacher....?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 07:15:09 AM »
Alright! ENOUGH. That is three digs in this thread at teachers.
james "this job is all he can get". Teaching isn't the bottom of the barrel and a job you just settle for? It is not filled with "crack pots" and failures. It is filled with people dedicated to helping young people learn and to help them find their purpose. You need a college degree to be a full time teacher. You have to get a specific degree to teach and plan to become one. You don't just say "my career at Wal Mart did not work out, so I guess I will teach!

Lowly elementary teacher! Are you freaking kidding me. Teaching young kids is now lowly!! Nothing my wife does is "lowly" she works her ass off every day and night. By the way, Locke was not in any lowly  elementary school. Look at the ages of the kids, subjects taught and the design of the school.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:16:49 AM by Jugdish »

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 10:34:55 AM »
(tip-toeing quietly past this thread)

Shhhhh.... looks like someone is a bit touchy....