3 (13%)
2 (8.7%)
2 (8.7%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Episode 6x5 Rating  (Read 4462 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Episode 6x5 Rating
« on: February 23, 2010, 11:55:22 PM »
Give us your rating to "The Lighthouse" and your opinions.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x5 Rating
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:33:58 AM »
I'm going to do something different and wait until I rewatch to rate it. I'm gonna bet it's a ten though.

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 02:05:49 AM »
I gave this a 9 because I love Hurley.  He was cracking me up during the whole episode with his comments, like with Obi-Wan.  Also, props to this episode for being a bearable Jack episode.  As one of my friends says, "The only thing worse than a Jack episode is a Kate episode."  But seriously, this one was pretty good!  Also, is anyone else totally weirded out by crazy-eyed Claire?  Yeah.  Absolutely.  Her face makeup is quite lovely for being so otherwise dirty and scary-like, but she did some pretty good crazy eyes.

Also, we got a glance at Jack-face.  WooHoo.

Jin's leg grossed me out.  Totally.  Sick, people.  Gross!

Um... yeah, and also, there was this hilarious Old Spice commercial.  But, I guess that has nothing to do with the show.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 02:07:37 AM »
gave it an 8
Hurley episodes are awesome
he's the man
he loved going on that hike through the humid, hot steep jungle
he thinks finding the lighthouse is cool
he comes up with great theories on time travel and who the bodies in the cave could be
he's accepting his "gift" to communicate with the dead  
he's getting all confident with the temple leader

I would have given it a 10, but I am way too confused now about this alternate universe/timeline
Jack had his appendix taken out when he was 7 ?

Jacks' alt life is good
so it does seem that Jacob has screwed everyone's life up by making them come to the island ?

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 02:12:52 AM »
he comes up with great theories on time travel and who the bodies in the cave could be

Totally.  Sometimes I feel like Hurley is the LOST character embodiment of fanboys and fangirls who theorize about LOST all day online.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 06:25:44 AM »
I had a hard time deciding my rating for once. I wavered from an 8 to a 10.
I loved off island Jack, who seems to have what it takes to show his son he really loves him.
Hurley had some of his best scenes and I loved Clairsseau. I'm glad that Jacob is still around guiding Hurley and Jack.

What made me feel uneasy is that Jack is still broken. Jack has to snap out of this funk. If we spend half this season with Jack moping around, we'll end up with more filler episodes. The story needs to start moving faster. We can't continue to have episodes with everyone walking through the jungle.

A Jack episode without Christian can't be a 10, so I rated it a 9 even with me feeling uneasy about Jack's development.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 08:31:47 AM »
I gave this a 9 because I love Hurley.  He was cracking me up during the whole episode with his comments, like with Obi-Wan.  Also, props to this episode for being a bearable Jack episode.  As one of my friends says, "The only thing worse than a Jack episode is a Kate episode."  But seriously, this one was pretty good!  Also, is anyone else totally weirded out by crazy-eyed Claire?  Yeah.  Absolutely.  Her face makeup is quite lovely for being so otherwise dirty and scary-like, but she did some pretty good crazy eyes.

Also, we got a glance at Jack-face.  WooHoo.

Jin's leg grossed me out.  Totally.  Sick, people.  Gross!

Um... yeah, and also, there was this hilarious Old Spice commercial.  But, I guess that has nothing to do with the show.

I love that ad too!
;D

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 12:18:48 PM »

Like episode 3, which I gave a 5, I found this episode rather boring and predictable...

This only rates a point higher because the Lighthouse was kind of cool... but like Jack said, Why hadn't anyone noticed it before?  It's a freaking lighthouse!  They're suppose to be noticeable.  Did at least Ben know about it?  Does the Swan hatch map have any mention of it?  Maybe the "Security System" keep them away?  Maybe Jacob could make it invisible?  This is Lost so I suppose anything is plausible, no matter how improbable...

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 03:20:11 PM »
Went the 7 route.  The big issue is we spent half the time in the alt-universe basically to find out that Jack and his son don't communicate well.  There were a couple of interesting "finds" (the appendix, for example), but not enough to overwhelm me.  I mostly liked the on-island stuff, but even that was a bit slow... the end was the payoff.  The 108th degree may end up being the biggest reveal down the road.  Time will tell (how often have we used that phrase for this show?)

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 03:36:08 PM »
 I liked the episode because of Hurley, under my signature I wrote a long time ago Hurley holds the clues to the island,still stand by it. Jack, oh such a messed up dude always making the wrong choices. Not one of my favorite characters and that Jacob still has faith in him I am like why? Should we list all the times Jack has made the wrong choices?

The Light house, when I was teaching Creative Writing, I told my 8th graders- ironically we were doing deserted on an island, that whatever supplies they were going to have on the island had to be mentioned in the beginning, could not on like page 6 come up with a radio. I felt like that with the Lighthouse even with Hurley's joke about why they never saw it before, answer the writers had not come up with it before.

Also when in the cave I was really hoping for a real answer as to whom the two skeletons belonged to, Loved Hurley's joke but I want answers. We still don't know why Jacob would have Ben and The Others kill all the Dharma people, and who was still sending food so many many years later for an example.

I do believe Widmore's comment way back when to real Locke that a big battle was coming is coming maybe Widmore is finally arriving or perhaps Desmond?

I still have trouble with the Sideways if this is what it was like as pop up screens tell us as if they had landed and not crashed then why are their lives changed slightly, writers thought it would be clever? They had better wrap it back around to the island.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 09:51:36 PM »
for me, this is the best episode this season (so far).  i give it a 9.  It would have been a (rare) 10 had they actually answered the adam & eve question.

loved hurley.  it might have been a jack episode, but hurley stole the show. 

love that jack has a son.  i think juliette will be his wife.  hands down. 

loved the whole lighthouse.

cardi, i'm with you, claire had some freaky eyes going on.  she was VERY convincing as a crazy girl!

ready for some more lost....

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2010, 12:29:50 PM »
10.  I feel like I'm watching a Greek myth - it's all hocus pocus and brilliant musings and characters colliding - and the whole thing barely makes sense.  This is quite simply one of the favorite stories of my life.

That lighthouse set and prop was absolutely artistry - the location, the mirror, what it revealed, those compass bearings and names.  The whole show could have just been about them getting to that and I would be raving about it.  The thought that we saw it for the first and last time breaks my heart.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 08:43:35 PM »
I gave it a 7

McCutcheon back on the scene
Feral Claire - with her newer case of dynomite
Her friend - not John Lock
Her Dad - yeppers her Dad - just might be Christian is still out and about! Have a drink with Kelviin
Hurley and Jack - nice pairing
Jack and Dogen - again mentoring/bonding

I love the continuity issues like a new chain on the pulley that has been sitting in salt air for well a long time, but the wooden door is stuck!
And a doll carriage and some rather newer childrens items that just show up. 

And I noticed that Adam (of Adam and Eve) was wearing a suit -hmmm.  Hurleys lines seem to come from post on the forums.

Great banter and funny lines you know TPTB have been reading our stuff.  It is all progress and I can't wait for a 10 episode!

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2010, 12:07:58 PM »
I will rate it as soon as I watch it.  Hopefully tonight.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 01:44:15 PM »
I liked this episode the best so far. Seeing Claire all crazy was awesome and scary at the same time. It was a good Jack episode(which surprises me). I love that he has a son and I am on board with Juliet being the mom as well. Hurley was great as always-he has the best lines! I loved loved loved the lighthouse scene. I guess now we know how Jacob kept tabs on them. I was bummed there was no Christian in the episode-was kinda expecting to see him. I am gonna give it an 8 because I know they can do better!