Author Topic: Direction?  (Read 2697 times)

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Direction?
« on: February 23, 2010, 11:54:30 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm not 100% sure about this but I'm going to try and make a case...

The numbers have a certain signifigance to everyone because of the lighthouse. I was Jacob's way of keeping an eye on eveyone who is a candidate. I beleive that these are COMPASS bearings. Think about it... do we see any names aligned with a number over 359 in caves? A compass only has 360 degrees... and "360" would be zero. The turntable in the lighthouse looked very much like a compass in the picture that Chukie provided to show us that Kate was #51.

Any thoughts or ideas on this? It also makes me think of the compass transition between Richard and Locke...

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Direction?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 11:55:56 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm not 100% sure about this but I'm going to try and make a case...

The numbers have a certain signifigance to everyone because of the lighthouse. I was Jacob's way of keeping an eye on eveyone who is a candidate. I beleive that these are COMPASS bearings. Think about it... do we see any names aligned with a number over 359 in caves? A compass only has 360 degrees... and "360" would be zero. The turntable in the lighthouse looked very much like a compass in the picture that Chukie provided to show us that Kate was #51.

Any thoughts or ideas on this? It also makes me think of the compass transition between Richard and Locke...
Great thought.  Explains the non-consecutive date order of the Candidates numbers.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 11:57:54 PM »
It also looked filled up. So it appears that these are the last candidates possible. Jacob last chance to find a replacement.

Offline Lost In NH

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 12:03:59 AM »
It think this is exactly what it is.

I also just noticed Dawson = 124.  So Micheal appears here as well.  This is reaching way back in the memory banks, but at the end of season 2 when Ben released Michael and Walt, didn't he say they needed to leave on a bearing of 124?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 12:07:04 AM »
Okay, I think the bigger question is who was at 108?? I know I didn't see it on my screen, did anyone see it?? Please tell me I just missed.

I also just noticed Dawson = 124.  So Micheal appears here as well.  This is reaching way back in the memory banks, but at the end of season 2 when Ben released Michael and Walt, didn't he say they needed to leave on a bearing of 124?

I believe it was either 305 or 325. Can't really remember.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 12:08:40 AM »

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 12:09:16 AM »
And Rousseau is 20

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 12:09:48 AM »
Okay, I think the bigger question is who was at 108?? I know I didn't see it on my screen, did anyone see it?? Please tell me I just missed.

[/quote]

This really doesnt seem to be THAT big of a question... Its "wallace" already crossed out

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 12:12:38 AM »
maybe ben tells michael the wrong coordinate which explains why he cannot die and the island wanting him back. maybe every time desmond leaves it is also by the wrong coordinate, thus the island not being done with him either.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 12:16:46 AM »

Excellent question, and answer, I guess. When I first read the home post, this was my exact question. Thanks Bob and Lost in NH.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 09:46:13 AM »
So did anyone happen to catch what name was at 325? Did they show us?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 10:18:18 AM »

This really doesnt seem to be THAT big of a question... Its "wallace" already crossed out
[/quote]

Which is exactly why I said...

"I know I didn't see it on my screen, did anyone see it?? Please tell me I just missed [it]."

No need to get all uppity. I just saw it was Wallace on the front page.

I'm thinking that it wasn't so much the name that Jacob wanted Jack to see, but rather the magic-ness of the mirror. Drives me crazy when they shoot a scene like this.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
The bearing of 30'5" is not the same of 305. It should be the name right before Locke's, I guess.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 12:30:07 PM »
Yeah, obviously the numbers are degrees, 360 total, but they don't add up.  Most of the losties from the U.S. are in the low numbers and Claire from Australia was all the way up at 313, but Rousseau was 20 which would be right in the middle of the U.S. people instead of France.  It may be a compass of sorts pointing to the candidates and opening a window of some kind into their part of the world, but I don't think it will be a literal compass, where Jack's 23 in L.A. lines up with the other names at there actual headings.

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 03:28:55 PM »
But the turntable in the lightouse IS in fact a compass... I dont know the significance... but check it out:

http://getlostpodcast.iimmgg.com/image/d0cf8ce258b0461fbe86d1c77087062c