Author Topic: Jack and his scar?  (Read 2750 times)

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Jack and his scar?
« on: February 23, 2010, 11:29:13 PM »
He doesn't remember...Juliet took out his appendix on the island...his mom said he had it taken out when he was 7...connected somehow...

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Jack and his scar?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 11:30:36 PM »
He was destined to have his appendix out at some point in his life.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 11:31:21 PM »
Yes, it reminded me of his neck cut...like "where did this come from?"  But it's nice to see that we can be grounded in the fact that we know Jack has his appendix taken out on the island.  Very strange thing to forget.

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 11:35:00 PM »
It seems to me that it was more about the when. That scar looked much newer than his mom said it was, and he looked at it like he was seeing it again for the first time. Its like when he was bleeding on the plane, almost like the two worlds (or alternate realities) are colliding somehow. We have also seen this when people have had flashed of recognition with each other.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 11:35:45 PM »
Yes, it reminded me of his neck cut...like "where did this come from?"  But it's nice to see that we can be grounded in the fact that we know Jack has his appendix taken out on the island.  Very strange thing to forget.

I dont think it is the same jack, is it?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 11:37:29 PM »
There is a connection with their island self's in some way or some how.

Kate had thses moments also.

Locke did not, but he is dead on the island.

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 11:52:37 PM »
I think these moment of almost recognition are because dimensional-x hasn't corrected yet with the original timeline. It reminds me of Desmond recovering memories of another time.

We know their lives have taken different paths in dimension-x but where did the dimensions begin to diverge? Was it 1977 when Jack set us up the bomb? If that's the case it works that he had his appendix removed at 7 in dimension-x, and much later in life in the timeline where 815 crashes.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 10:39:19 AM »
I think these moment of almost recognition are because dimensional-x hasn't corrected yet with the original timeline. It reminds me of Desmond recovering memories of another time.

We know their lives have taken different paths in dimension-x but where did the dimensions begin to diverge? Was it 1977 when Jack set us up the bomb? If that's the case it works that he had his appendix removed at 7 in dimension-x, and much later in life in the timeline where 815 crashes.

But they don't just have deja vu moments, they have actual PHYSICAL evidence of their existence on the island.  This is what really throws me for a loop.  How can this be?

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 10:45:10 AM »

Nope, for some reason certain physical manifestations are "leaking" through.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 10:49:02 AM »

Why?  I'd love to be able to figure that one out!

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 10:55:37 AM »

I would like to know also! It seems obvious (to me) that there is going to a specific reason. Maybe the two Jacks are merging? So far, is it only Jack that is having these physical marks show up?

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
U
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 11:05:48 AM »

I would like to know also! It seems obvious (to me) that there is going to a specific reason. Maybe the two Jacks are merging? So far, is it only Jack that is having these physical marks show up?

LOL, I asked the VERY SAME QUESTION in another thread.  I hope someone can give us answers, because I can only remember Jack having the blood in the airplane and now the fresh island appendix scar.

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »

I think Jack's scar being from the time he was only 7 shows that the flashes sideways ARE'NT about how life changed after the bomb in '77.  It now appears that their lives have been changed since before then.  Another post suggests that the sideways timeline is what their lives would be if Jacob never chose them at all.  Sounds logical to me, but then what did the bomb actually do?  I think it may have just sent them all back to the present in their own timeline and we were purposefully misled to believe, due to how the season premiere unfolded, that these sideways flashes were a split reality as a result of the bomb, when in fact, they are the result of something completely different.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 11:19:41 AM »

HA!! Managed to work that right in, huh?? LOL

As for the rest of what you're saying, I agree. It is plainly obvious that they are going to merge the two lines somehow, and this is just the first taste we're getting with Jack (and possibly others, we just haven't seen yet). Just makes me wonder how they are going to physically merge them.

So far, is it only Jack that is having these physical marks show up?

So far, yeah, Jack is the only one we have seen that is showing any kind of sign. There might be others they just haven't shown us yet.

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 12:14:32 PM »
We haven't seen enough of the characters yet in the LA X timeline yet to know if they will have physical manifestations of their time on the island also. Sawyer got quite a few nice bangs and scrapes while he was on the island, so I hope we get to see more of him in the LA X timeline soon.