Author Topic: Who is number 108?  (Read 8572 times)

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Who is number 108?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 11:45:59 PM »
OK, Jacob wanted them out of the temple, check!
Jacob wants Jack to find what he's supposed to do, on track!
Is someone still coming to the island or not? I hope Desmond is coming! 108 was the time in the hatch when they would have to press the button, kinda fits.

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 11:46:06 PM »
great!  thanks for the pic!  well I wonder how much weight to put into these numbers.  no one ever said you had to be a 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, or 42 to be a candidate. 

And now we can debate the significance of NOT being 4,8,15,16,23 or 42!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 11:47:18 PM »
I would guess that she is important but not a candidate.  jacob wathced her (I know I would) and she is important some how.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 11:49:01 PM »
But did MIB or Jacob say "only these 6 numbers are candidates" ever?  I'm guessing Lapidus is somewhere on there, Bram and Ilana mentioned he may be a candidate. 

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 11:49:39 PM »
Nope, they definitely did not say you had to be one of the Numbers.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2010, 11:51:39 PM »
Flocke did tell sawyer that these 6 were candidtes. I believe they are hinting that they are the only candidates.

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2010, 11:52:50 PM »
Flocke did tell sawyer that these 6 were candidtes. I believe they are hinting that they are the only candidates.

I'd hope so. I'd hate to have to memorize another string of numbers. 

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2010, 11:54:24 PM »
it's all Hurley's dream I bet! he's at least become VERY important in all of this... and there's the guy in the hospital repeating these numbers. it's all very suspect to me!

Offline Chuckie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 12:00:29 AM »
it's all Hurley's dream I bet! he's at least become VERY important in all of this... and there's the guy in the hospital repeating these numbers. it's all very suspect to me!

Welcome to Mid-First-Season LOST Theories.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 12:04:23 AM »
I was assuming that as well, but we hadn't seen any other uncrossed name (besides the 6) until now. We have seen crossed out names of people who are still alive (including Littleton and Linus, see http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Candidates ). So crossing out doesn't necessarily mean dead. So if Kate's name isn't crossed out, why is she not considered a candidate?

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 12:07:11 AM »
Meh.  The only important numbers are the ones who haven't been crossed off.  We aren't for sure that she ISN'T a candidate.  At one point Jacob had (i'm guessing) 360 candidates, right?  We know he is down to considerably less, but still more than 6 since Kate's number 51 isn't crossed off.  I don't think he's going to write your name down, assign you a number, watch you in a magic mirror and NOT consider you a candidate.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2010, 12:12:03 AM »
Good link JB.
That changes my whole thinking. Looks like lots of people who came to the island are on the list. Now why were those 6 numbers used for other things?

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2010, 12:13:57 AM »
Thanks Juggy.

My other question is that the largest number in the cavern was well over 360 (It was 761 - Faraday). Does that mean anything in particular?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2010, 12:15:12 AM »

Picture  Name  Number  Status  Information 
 John Locke (LOCKE)  4  Deceased  He met Jacob when he was thrown out a window by his father. Jacob touched his shoulder and said he was sorry that happened to him. Was crossed off the list by the Man in Black. 
 Hugo "Hurley" Reyes (REYES)  8  Alive  Met Jacob upon release from prison, and was talked into booking passage on Ajira Flight 316. Jacob touched Hurley's chest when emphasizing the importance of the flight. 
 James "Sawyer" Ford (FORD)  15  Recruited by MiB  Met Jacob as a child at his parents' funeral. Jacob touched Sawyer when he handed him a pen, which Sawyer used to write his letter. Identified as a candidate by the Man in Black. Has currently chosen the third option: Leave the Island. 
 Sayid Jarrah (JARRAH)  16  Infected  Met Jacob when his wife Nadia was murdered. He touched Sayid's shoulder briefly. Identified as a candidate by the Man in Black. 
 Jack Shephard (SHEPHARD)  23  Alive  Met Jacob at the hospital where he worked after his first successful surgery. Jacob offered Jack an Apollo Bar that he had unsuccessfully tried to dislodge from the vending machine. Their fingers touched as Jacob passed the bar to Jack. Identified as a candidate by the Man in Black. Could also refer to Christian Shephard who has often been seen in Jacob's cabin. On the wheel in Jacob's Lighthouse, Shephard's name is written in a darker black ink and different handwriting than the names surrounding his. There are also several small punctures in the surface around his name and a few of those below it. 
editUnidentified candidates 

Number  Name  Information 
2  LACOMBE  Probably the Lacombe from the science expedition. 
10  MATTINGLEY  Probably the US army soldier whose uniform was stolen and used by an Other in 1954. 
20  ROUSSEAU  Probably Alex Rousseau or Danielle Rousseau. 
29  BRENNAN  Probably the Brennan from the science expedition. 
31  RUTHERFORD  Probably Shannon Rutherford. 
33  MARTIN  Probably Karl Martin. 
42  KWON  Sun-Hwa Kwon and Jin-Soo Kwon both met Jacob when during their wedding when he congratulated them and advised them to keep their promises. Both were touched by Jacob simultaneously notably on their shoulders. The Man in Black indicated one of them was a candidate but was unable to identify which one. KWON may also refer to Ji Yeon Kwon, the daughter of Sun and Jin, who was conceived on the Island. 
55  BURKE  Probably Juliet. Her death occurred after Jacob's, so her name would have to have been crossed-off before her death or after her death by the Man in Black. Could also be her late ex-husband, Edmund Burke. Please note that other names of candiates who are still alive are also crossed out, perhaps for the same reason Burke is crossed out. 
64  GOLDSTEIN  Unknown. 
77  FRANETZKI  Unknown. 
90  TROUP  Probably Gary Troup, a deceased survivor and author of Bad Twin 
115  BARGAS  Unknown. 
117  LINUS  Probably Ben Linus, or his father Roger Linus 
119  ALMEIDA  Unknown. (Possible tribute to the TV series "24"? Tony Almeida worked with Jack Bauer) 
124  DAWSON  Probably Michael Dawson 
140  LEWIS  Probably Charlotte Lewis, or her parents David and Jeanette. 
171  STRAUME  Probably Miles Straume. 
175  COSTA  Unknown. 
195  PACE  Probably Charlie Pace. 
197  SHECKLER  Probably Sheckler or possibly Skeckler.An Opie and Anthony Reference.(Opie and Anthony is an SiriusXM radio show one of the writers is a fan of. He has put other show references in LOST before. 197 is the Sirius channel for the show.) 
202  HARGGUS  An Opie and Anthony Reference.(Opie and Anthony is an SiriusXM radio show one of the writers is a fan of. He has put other show references in LOST before. 202 is the XM channel for the show.) 
222  O'TOOLE  Unknown. 
226  CARLYLE  Probably Boone Carlyle. 
231  AMISTAD  Unknown. 
233  JONES  Probably the US army soldier whose uniform was stolen and used by Charles Widmore in 1954. 
251  YARIS  Unknown. 
272  ORALINGO  Unknown. 
282  AGUILA  Unknown. 
285  JENKINS  Probably Steve Jenkins, a survivor who died in the flaming arrow attack. 
291  DOMINGO  Unknown. 
301  MARS  Probably Edward Mars, a survivor who died shortly after crash. 
313  LITTLETON  Probably Claire or Aaron. 
317  CUNNINGHAM  Probably the US army soldier whose uniform was stolen and used by an Other in 1954. 
321  FERNANDEZ  Probably Nikki Fernandez who was on board Oceanic Flight 815 but later killed. 
335  HENDERSON  Probably Rose Nadler, the only known Henderson (maiden name). 
346/396  GRANT  Unknown. 
761  FARADAY  Probably Daniel Faraday. 
 CHANG  Probably Pierre or Lara. Miles is separately listed under Straume. 
 DAVISON  Unknown. 
 GARNER  Unknown. 
 GOODSPEED  Probably one of the many Goodspeeds, who include Horace, Amy, Olivia, and Ethan. 
 PICKETT  Probably Danny Pickett or Colleen Pickett. 
 REYNOLDS  Unknown. 
 SULLIVAN  Probably Sullivan, a survivor who died in the flaming arrow attack. 
editThe Lighthouse wheel candidates 

Number  Name  Information 
14  Pryce  Likely Ryan Pryce. 
17  Barnes  Unknown. 
19  Nguyen  Unknown. 
21  McHenry (?)  Unknown. 
22  Moorhand  Unknown. 
24  Klunea (?)  Unknown. 
25  Asher  Unknown. 
27  Dorrie  Unknown. 
28  Howard  Unknown. 
32  Rutherford  Could be Shannon or Adam Rutherford. This number does not match with the one found in the cave. 
33  Novak  Unknown. This name does not match with the one found in the cave. 
34  Grimes  Unknown. 
35  Brennan  Likely Brennan from Danielle Rousseau's expedition. This number does not match with the one found in the cave. 
37  Torres  Unknown. 
51  Austen  Likely Kate. Could be Sam Austen. 
101  Faraday  Possibly Daniel Faraday. This number does not match with the one found in the cave. 
104  Lewis  Possibly Charlotte Lewis or her parents. 
107  Thomson  Unknown. 
108  Wallace  Unknown. 
109  Friendly  Likely Tom Friendly. 
112  Horton  Unknown. 
117  Linus  Likely Benjamin Linus. 
118  CHAVEZ  Unknown. 
119  Almeida  Unknown. 
120  Rodriguez  Unknown. 
121  Nielson  Unknown. 
122  Freed  Unknown. 
124  Dawson  Likely Michael Dawson. 
125  Owens  Unknown. 

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2010, 12:20:38 AM »
Thanks Juggy.

My other question is that the largest number in the cavern was well over 360 (It was 761 - Faraday). Does that mean anything in particular?

can we get a screencap of "761-Faraday" from the cave? I REALLY have a feeling it might be a sloppy version of "101-Faraday" as on the lighthouse wheel...