Author Topic: "They're coming..."  (Read 2747 times)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
"They're coming..."
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:48:09 PM »
OK, this is going back to last season, and there was a thread about it then, but in light of what we're seeing now...

What did Jacob mean when he said that?  Who's "they"?  Seems like he should've said "He's coming..." doesn't it?  (Meaning the MIB...) 

OK, so as soon as the Temple Others were told that Jacob is dead, panic ensues.  They send up a flare, sprinkle magic ash all around, post guards -- in general they circle the wagons and set up defenses.  Aldo told Kate they were guarding against the ticka-ticka smoke monster.  But that would be an "it" or a "he" wouldn't it?  Who's the "they"? 

Is it Sawyer and MIB?  Was Jacob anticipating that MIB would start recruiting, like Ilana said?  Or could the "they" be "the candidates"?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: "They're coming..."
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 01:52:37 PM »
The Losties are coming, back from 1977

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:58:26 PM »
But they were already there, weren't they? 

Or when did The Incident happen, before Ben killed Jacob or after?  Maybe it was after...

So all the "candidates" were 1977 Losties, except for Locke, right?  (If we assume it was Jin that was the "Kwon" listed in the cave, and not Sun.) 

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 02:04:05 PM »
Thats what I am saying

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 02:11:00 PM »
Again - all we can do is speculate.  It's not obvious to ask "who is they" - perhaps we should ask "what are they."  The End of Time? End of Days?  They are coming?  We have no way to know at this point.

I like to throw these little different ways of looking at the situation out there. Even if I don't believe it  ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 03:59:53 PM by zeekloveslost »

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 02:15:01 PM »
Way to go, zeek.  Now you can just rock me to sleep tonight!   ;D

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 04:18:02 PM »
But they were already there, weren't they? 

Or when did The Incident happen, before Ben killed Jacob or after?  Maybe it was after...

So all the "candidates" were 1977 Losties, except for Locke, right?  (If we assume it was Jin that was the "Kwon" listed in the cave, and not Sun.) 

The '77 crew hadn't come back yet in the Incident. It happened just after Jacob died. So, it could mean something else, but I figure the "They" are the '77 crew.

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 06:20:57 PM »
Why would jacob say they're coming to Unlocke if he ws talking about him?   He meant his pieces are coming "Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Jin, Hurley and Sayid"

Offline lostfan777

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 10:48:16 AM »
What did Jacob mean when he said that?  Who's "they"?  Seems like he should've said "He's coming..." doesn't it?  (Meaning the MIB...) 

He said it TO the MIB, so why would you think he MEANT the MIB?

'They' have to be someone else, maybe the '77 Losties, or maybe (God we're running out of time here!) someone new!

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2010, 01:48:32 PM »
when jacob said 'they're coming' didn't we see a boat on the horizon?  a boat that looked to be like it could've been the black rock

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2010, 03:16:14 PM »
I don't know about the beginning of the episode if that's what he said when they weere sitting on the beach, but they're talking about the end of the episode when fake Locke killed Jacob
as Jacob lay dying, his final words were "they're coming"

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2010, 03:50:45 PM »
ok, i'm remembering it from last year's finale, jacob said 'they're coming' and the pic flashed to a boat on the horizon, but that never told us who 'they' are either

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 04:25:02 PM »
'They' have to be someone else, maybe the '77 Losties, or maybe (God we're running out of time here!) someone new!

Perhaps another leader of the Others!   :o

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 09:40:42 PM »

He said it TO the MIB, so why would you think he MEANT the MIB?

I thought he said it to Ben, not Locke/MIB, but you could be right.