Author Topic: How are the numbers related to the names???  (Read 6923 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: How are the numbers related to the names???
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2010, 11:07:28 AM »
I think I'm going with the Sapphire camp.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2010, 11:38:57 AM »
Question answered:  Numbers are coordinates, names are connected to numbers.  Can't wait to find out how a coordinate "found" the people, but they definitely did if the mirror doesn't lie.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2010, 12:34:46 PM »
Question answered:  Numbers are coordinates, names are connected to numbers.  Can't wait to find out how a coordinate "found" the people, but they definitely did if the mirror doesn't lie.

Now all that remains is to find out why those numbers were being broadcast over the radio tower signal. Well, not all that remains, but the next big thing that I care about. As for the mirror, I was thinking, what if Jacob didn't pick these people?? What if he just knows that the mirror has this ability to see into the lives of certain people, so he watches whoever the mirror shows him, and then he picks based on what he sees.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »
I like that idea, Bob, that the mirror had a will or a random setting.  I am really against the idea that just because Jacob and MIB are in operation that everything that happens now is just a matter of their will or manipulation.  They are characters in the story that want what they want and are in conflict with themselves and others - just like the Losties. 

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2010, 01:29:03 PM »
I like that idea, Bob, that the mirror had a will or a random setting.  I am really against the idea that just because Jacob and MIB are in operation that everything that happens now is just a matter of their will or manipulation.  They are characters in the story that want what they want and are in conflict with themselves and others - just like the Losties. 

Also plays into the idea there is a third party above Jacob and MIB that is making these rules. This "council" or whatever picks the people, and the mirror just shows whoever is the one in charge who is special.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2010, 10:24:22 PM »
Ummm.. yeah maybe on the high council. I'm still thinking: separate people with separate wills colliding in the story -- not a big puppet master pulling all the strings.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »

im jsut curious to why Jack only saw 3 of the places where Jacob has "touched" the candidates... The Kwon's wedding temple... Sawyers church... then Jacks childhood home... oh wait... JAck wasnt touched at his childhood home... maybe that represents Christian... OR David .. aka DS David Shepard... ??? im guessing it didnt show the other places because the wheel didnt turn past them going to 23. but anyone else have any ideas?