Author Topic: Why Sawyer could see the boy  (Read 8808 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Why Sawyer could see the boy
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2010, 09:44:16 AM »
But MiB has only taken the forms of people who died off-island and whose bodies were brought to the island: Christian, Yemi, and Locke (that we know of). We haven't seen him as Eko, Nikki, Shannon, Frogurt, etc....
Well, how Alex fits that? She died on island. Same with the Nigerian Thugs, whose bodies never came to island, yet Smokey used them to attack Eko.
Not to mention the Black Horse, that wasn't even a person.
Smokey shape-shifting is WAY more loose than that.

Nigerian Thugs?? Are you talking about the guys that Eko was suppossed to get on the plane with?? Because they were deffinitely on the island. Or are you talking about the guys that Eko killed in the bar in order to get the heroin?? Because maybe it was just me, but I thought that was a fever induced hallucination he was having.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2010, 10:37:21 AM »
But MiB has only taken the forms of people who died off-island and whose bodies were brought to the island: Christian, Yemi, and Locke (that we know of). We haven't seen him as Eko, Nikki, Shannon, Frogurt, etc....
Well, how Alex fits that? She died on island. Same with the Nigerian Thugs, whose bodies never came to island, yet Smokey used them to attack Eko.
Not to mention the Black Horse, that wasn't even a person.
Smokey shape-shifting is WAY more loose than that.
Nigerian Thugs?? Are you talking about the guys that Eko was suppossed to get on the plane with?? Because they were deffinitely on the island. Or are you talking about the guys that Eko killed in the bar in order to get the heroin?? Because maybe it was just me, but I thought that was a fever induced hallucination he was having.
Crap, how'd I forget Alex?  :-[

The Nigerian Thugs are the guys that Eko killed in Yemi's church, the ones that wanted the medicine shipment. I never thought that they were Smokey, just like I think Boone in Locke's sweat-lodge vision isn't Smokey. Locke and Eko were under an influence of drugs or near-death experience/death fever, and I think in Locke's case, it's really Boone's spirit, and in Eko's case, they're hallucinations. The black horse could have been Mikhail's, or it could have been brought there like Cooper.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 11:24:24 AM »
Oh right, the ones that wanted the vaccines, geez, I totally forgot about them.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 11:34:12 AM »
Well, Boone never really APPEARED. Both him and the bear were just hallucinations, that never interacted with the world, as the dead thugs that cut a tree branch, or the horse that is touched.
Now, the horse was one exact replica of the horse from Kate's escape. AND the producers said Smokey appeared on that episode, so I'm pretty sure it was him, knowing the stuff Smokey can do now.

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 01:33:26 PM »
How about this thought - the kid is actually young James Ford. The blood on his arms could be the "baggage" carried since his mother was killed by his father and father committed suicide....and the ensuing vendetta James had for "Sawyer". The long cons, the lives ruined....

Offline sparrow

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2010, 06:43:03 PM »
Jungle Otter: nice thought about it being Sawyer himself, though wouldn't he recognize himself (unless he didnt get a good look) ?

Speaking of, yeh, I always wondered what was about that horse Kate saw. Didn't she see it twice, once alone and once with Jack, or was it Sawyer? Bahhh, I can't remember anything these days! :\

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2010, 06:50:04 PM »
I was under the impression that the horse came from the Flame compound. Now I'm not trying to get racist here, but all black horses look alike to me.

Offline sparrow

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2010, 06:55:37 PM »
^ hahahah!!  ;D
Oh right, maybe I just remember incorrectly, cause I thought Kate had seen it with someone, who didn't know what she was talking about, as if they didn't see it, and she was all O_o; cause she thought it was something haunting her/reminding her? But I'm usually faaar off with these things, hahaha