Author Topic: Why Sawyer could see the boy  (Read 8777 times)

Offline getting away to lost

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Why Sawyer could see the boy
« on: February 17, 2010, 12:18:16 AM »
Does anyone else think that Sawyer seeing the boy meant that Sawyer was THE candidate that would be the new protector of the insland. I think that seeing the boy proved to MIB/Unlocke that he was the new man in charge to replace Jacob. Unlocke seemed so surprised that Sawyer could see the boy. It reminded me of when Ben was surprised that Locke could hear Jacob in the cabin.

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Why Sawyer could see the boy
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 12:19:22 AM »
Remember that Shannon and Sayid both saw Walt...
Kate saw a horse...
Jack and Claire both saw Christian...

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:19:39 AM »
Does anyone else think that Sawyer seeing the boy meant that Sawyer was THE candidate that would be the new protector of the insland. I think that seeing the boy proved to MIB/Unlocke that he was the new man in charge to replace Jacob. Unlocke seemed so surprised that Sawyer could see the boy. It reminded me of when Ben was surprised that Locke could hear Jacob in the cabin.
Sawyer did say to Kate last week, "some of us were meant to live alone"...

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 12:30:11 AM »
Sawyer did say to Kate last week, "some of us were meant to live alone"...

I mentioned that quote to my wife after watching this episode...

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 01:41:09 AM »
So MiB was surprised that Sawyer could see the boy. I believe that this makes Sawyer the "best" candidate.

MiB is going to try to kill him but I'm willing to bet that MiB is bound to the same rules as were dictated before, which is why our mystery child said "you can't kill him." The "him" referring, not to Jacob, but to Sawyer.

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2010, 02:20:39 AM »
The question may be why doesn't Richard see him and not why does Sawyer see him. 

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 02:33:34 AM »
The question may be why doesn't Richard see him and not why does Sawyer see him. 
when Flocke wanted to take Ben into the foot to see Jacob, didn't Richard say only the leader could see Jacob ?

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 03:03:17 AM »
And we can't forget that Ben saw his mom, and Richard got startled because Ben didn't knew his Mom,and specially, she died FAR AWAY from the island.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2010, 03:12:23 AM »
Maybe only the canidates can see Jacob.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2010, 06:40:45 AM »
Maybe only the canidates can see Jacob.
What hit me was that Unlocke couldn't see the boy before he was Unlocke, and he is trapped on that form because it.
He used the form of one candidate. That both gave him the ability to see what they can see, and took the ability to chance to other personas.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 10:53:35 AM »
when Flocke wanted to take Ben into the foot to see Jacob, didn't Richard say only the leader could see Jacob ?

Actually he said that only the leader can request a meeting with Jacob, and that there can only be one leader at a time. No clever word play on this one. I wish it were that simple.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 12:46:19 PM »
I know this was a Locke episode but I was blown away by Sawyer!! He knew right away that MIB wasn't Locke and he could see the kid! I think he really shined in this episode!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2010, 12:58:03 PM »
Okay, um, weird question, but is it possible that the reason Sawyer could see the kid is because he was actually there?? I know Richard didn't see him, but maybe that's because he can vanish like the Others.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 01:05:51 PM »
Okay, um, weird question, but is it possible that the reason Sawyer could see the kid is because he was actually there?? I know Richard didn't see him, but maybe that's because he can vanish like the Others.

If this is the case, and he is really there...then who is the boy? I just assumed he was Jacob's spirit form or ghost or whatever. 
At first I thought it was one of the kids from the plane.

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 01:10:49 PM »
MiB is going to try to kill him but I'm willing to bet that MiB is bound to the same rules as were dictated before, which is why our mystery child said "you can't kill him." The "him" referring, not to Jacob, but to Sawyer.

I think they went out of the way to show us fLocke did not want Sawyer to die (at least yet), with the whole falling off the latter on they way down stuff. He could have just let him fall, but helped him out. -- Somehow I think fLocke see's Sayer as his best hope to get off the island/go home.