Author Topic: what i cant get out of my head..  (Read 2685 times)

Offline madmax22e

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
what i cant get out of my head..
« on: February 16, 2010, 11:37:20 PM »
two things:

1: the black and white rocks in the caves. somewhere, i think a podcast, it was said that this was something they put in early to show that they knew where things were going.

2: this one might be a little more far-fetched, but it sticks out to me. when Charlie was putting the code in for that door in the underwater hatch, that one girl said "a musician designed this" in reference to that hatch and the security system.

I cant get out of my mind that all the people somehow end up being important in running the island, and its based on that quote. I know this doesn't fit in with this episode much, but with the flash-sideways showing connections between everyone, big and small, i cant help but think that maybe the start of the series was everyone important on the island waking up and forgetting they have been on there all along. or something along those lines

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: what i cant get out of my head..
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 06:58:55 PM »
Well, in response to #1, the thing you're thinking about is the fact that Adam and Eve in the caves had white and black rocks on them. As for #2, I think that was just playing into the idea that the people in Dharma weren't just scientists. They were like Renaissance men (and women) and dabbled in a little of everything.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 07:14:58 PM »
two things:

1: the black and white rocks in the caves. somewhere, i think a podcast, it was said that this was something they put in early to show that they knew where things were going.

The black and white theming was there from the get-go - I think it was in one of the very first episodes that Locke is explaining the rules of Backgammon to Walt: "Two sides, black and white...." 

"Adam and Eve" in the cave was also there from near the beginning. 

Offline taki1379

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 10:14:18 PM »
Yes that happened in episode one. Also during a first season episode, Claire (while walking in the jungle) comes across locke making arrons crib. Locke tells her that she's not supposed to give away he baby. One Locke eye is black and the other is white.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2010, 10:17:34 PM »
Yes that happened in episode one. Also during a first season episode, Claire (while walking in the jungle) comes across locke making arrons crib. Locke tells her that she's not supposed to give away he baby. One Locke eye is black and the other is white.

Wasn't that in a dream sequence that Claire had, the one black and one white eye with Locke?

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 12:42:41 AM »
from an interview from January 2007 on EW.com with Damon and Carlton

What is the meaning or significance of the two skeletons that Jack and Kate found in the cave of season 1?
CUSE: The answer to that question goes to the nature of the timeline of the island. We don't want to say too much about it, but there are a couple Easter eggs embedded in [the Feb. 7 episode], one of which is an anagram that actually sheds some light on the skeletons and hints at a larger mythological mystery that will start to unfold later in the season.
LINDELOF: There were certain things we knew from the very beginning. Independent of ever knowing when the end was going to be, we knew what it was going to be, and we wanted to start setting it up as early as season 1, or else people would think that we were making it up as we were going along. So the skeletons are the living or, I guess, slowly decomposing proof of that. When all is said and done, people are going to point to the skeletons and say, ''That is proof that from the very beginning, they always knew that they were going to do this.''

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 06:16:54 AM »
<snip>

2: this one might be a little more far-fetched, but it sticks out to me. when Charlie was putting the code in for that door in the underwater hatch, that one girl said "a musician designed this" in reference to that hatch and the security system.

I cant get out of my mind that all the people somehow end up being important in running the island, and its based on that quote. I know this doesn't fit in with this episode much, but with the flash-sideways showing connections between everyone, big and small, i cant help but think that maybe the start of the series was everyone important on the island waking up and forgetting they have been on there all along. or something along those lines

Daniel was pretty good at the piano until he turned to physics. He spent some time with the big Dharma brains in Ann Arbor too. Designing communication security thing-ama-jigs as a diversion to searching for time travel anomalies perhaps?

Offline LOSTNightmaregk13

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »
i think the white and black rock was referring to MiB and Jacob
and unLocke threw the white rock (Jacob) knowing he was no more

Offline taki1379

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 09:03:57 PM »
when sawyer asked what's with the rock, MIB said that it's an inside joke. I think it's possible that we have been led to believe that there are two sides (white and black) when those two sides are actually working together. The inside joke is that there is no white and black.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 09:40:25 PM »
Or he got rid of Jacob, and the scale tipped his way. And he just made it visible, as an inside joke between them. Sawyer doesn't know about their history of hatred, so he couldn't understand the situation.
Anyway, Adam & Eve's stone are now related to Jacob and Smokey, because we saw they use that as their symbols. It's interesting.
About the music code. I'm with Dharma explanation... Come on, their torturer was hermit that gave a nice acid trip to get information.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2010, 08:55:25 AM »

What is the meaning or significance of the two skeletons that Jack and Kate found in the cave of season 1?
CUSE: The answer to that question goes to the nature of the timeline of the island. We don't want to say too much about it, but there are a couple Easter eggs embedded in [the Feb. 7 episode], one of which is an anagram that actually sheds some light on the skeletons and hints at a larger mythological mystery that will start to unfold later in the season.
LINDELOF: There were certain things we knew from the very beginning. Independent of ever knowing when the end was going to be, we knew what it was going to be, and we wanted to start setting it up as early as season 1, or else people would think that we were making it up as we were going along. So the skeletons are the living or, I guess, slowly decomposing proof of that. When all is said and done, people are going to point to the skeletons and say, ''That is proof that from the very beginning, they always knew that they were going to do this.''
What was the anagram?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2010, 09:36:17 AM »

LINDELOF: There were certain things we knew from the very beginning. Independent of ever knowing when the end was going to be, we knew what it was going to be, and we wanted to start setting it up as early as season 1, or else people would think that we were making it up as we were going along. So the skeletons are the living — or, I guess, slowly decomposing — proof of that. When all is said and done, people are going to point to the skeletons and say, ''That is proof that from the very beginning, they always knew that they were going to do this.''
What was the anagram?

"Mittelos" which is "lost time" or "time lost" depending on how you read it.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2010, 10:40:07 AM »
when sawyer asked what's with the rock, MIB said that it's an inside joke. I think it's possible that we have been led to believe that there are two sides (white and black) when those two sides are actually working together. The inside joke is that there is no white and black.
Or, if Jacob is the bad guy and Flocke is the good guy, like some people have been saying, throwing the white rock (Flocke) into the sea could mean that he's free from this game, or will soon be free from it. I don't know, just something I've thought about. Trying to see as many angles as possible.