2 (6.9%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
2 (6.9%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Author Topic: Episode 6x4 Rating  (Read 6127 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x4 Rating
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 01:10:15 AM »
It could have been the worse episode ever and I would have rated it a 10.  I am participating in episode grade inflation for personal reasons.  What an awesome day for Lost!

Huh?
Sorry... mentioned this on a couple of other threads, but my daughter was born yesterday morning (4:06 AM) and I still got to watch Lost last night.  Even better, I got to watch it while holding my new daughter.  Automatically made the episode a 10 regardless of what was on the screen.  Yep... total episode inflation.
I could not agree with this more. That is an awesome day. I watch lost with my son and daughter every week. It is awesome they want to share my favorite show with me.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 08:26:28 PM »
Ok, this was awesome. Just awesome. Definitely deserves a 10.

This episode was classic Lost. We got answers for those of you who have no faith in TPTB; we got questions for those of us who LOVE that part of the show; we had character development for those of us who started watching for the island plot but kept watching for the characters; and we had hilarity from nearly all of the characters.

In reply to ozman, we're learning what would have happened if they never met Jacob, in my opinion. That is something extremely important to learn.

And for the record, I am not participating in rating inflation. If I think the episode sucks, my rating will reflect that. I do not foresee a sucky episode, though.
You gave the last ep a 10 also, so you are part of episode inflation. No way you can say both of these are 10's and mean it.
Exactly. No POSSIBLE way... unless, ya know... I mean it. And yes, I thought last week's was awesome too. See my post for last week's rating to see.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 09:04:20 PM »
Ok, this was awesome. Just awesome. Definitely deserves a 10.

This episode was classic Lost. We got answers for those of you who have no faith in TPTB; we got questions for those of us who LOVE that part of the show; we had character development for those of us who started watching for the island plot but kept watching for the characters; and we had hilarity from nearly all of the characters.

In reply to ozman, we're learning what would have happened if they never met Jacob, in my opinion. That is something extremely important to learn.

And for the record, I am not participating in rating inflation. If I think the episode sucks, my rating will reflect that. I do not foresee a sucky episode, though.
You gave the last ep a 10 also, so you are part of episode inflation. No way you can say both of these are 10's and mean it.
Exactly. No POSSIBLE way... unless, ya know... I mean it. And yes, I thought last week's was awesome too. See my post for last week's rating to see.
Ya see there is where you lose credibility. Better to admit to making a mistake and moving on.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »
Thankfully I don't base my life on how you value my credibility. Seriously. Check out my rating and explanation, or even listen to my podcast. Both say that I loved the last episode. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean that everyone else has to hate it. Even Lakie liked it.

So there.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 09:56:57 PM »
I gave it a seven 7
It was neither here or neither there but it was great to see Sawyer in his underwear  ;D

This had three of my favorite, well four of my favorite characters.  John Locke (LiL), Sawyer, Hugo and Rose.

This provided the season one meeting of rose and Locke and her disclosing her having cancer and knowing it was gone (if memory serves well) but here she says she has it accepts and moves on.  they bonded

Hugo and his generous behavior do I need to say more. 

It moved up two notches for me based on the fact that they are giving us just enough and keeping us pulled in for more. 

the story is evolving and I was happy to see that Sawyer called BS on MIB.  Right out straight.

They have not LOST me they are good at the foreplay

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2010, 12:09:23 AM »
Thankfully I don't base my life on how you value my credibility. Seriously. Check out my rating and explanation, or even listen to my podcast. Both say that I loved the last episode. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean that everyone else has to hate it. Even Lakie liked it.

So there.
But you jugde your anger level by it. :D Settle down big guy. It is not just you. That was not a 10 worthy episode. Some people are caught up in the finale season are going gung ho on any thing presented. Most of us are looking a little more critically at the season. First 3 eps were weak lost episodes. This one was very good to great episode. We are moving in the right direction. Hopefully the season continues in this directions as we reach the end of the road.

I appreciate the invite, but I will pass on the podcast.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 04:17:43 PM »

Just watched it on DVR last night and loved it!

1. Loved scene with the smoke monster's perspective
2. Loved the cave of names
3. Loved the island boy
4. Loved the sideways Universe and all the intertwined lives of the Losties
5. Loved Sawyer's fearless character.  I think he knows exactly what he's doing.  He's playing the game.
6. Loved how Locke still seems to be a part of UnLocke.
7. Loved Ben's Eulogy for Locke - "...And I'm sorry I murdered him."

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 06:13:33 PM »
Just watched it a second time and decided on the 10! Time jumper summed it up beautifully.
It really feels like the season just began with this episode. The foot is on the gas now!

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 11:07:09 PM »
A big 10, this is one of my all-time Top 5.  There's nothing I can say that has not already been said.

Terry O'Quinn has been in only 2 episodes so far this year, and if he does not win an Emmy I will be livid.

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2010, 12:28:33 AM »
I gave it a seven 7
It was neither here or neither there but it was great to see Sawyer in his underwear  ;D

This had three of my favorite, well four of my favorite characters.  John Locke (LiL), Sawyer, Hugo and Rose.

This provided the season one meeting of rose and Locke and her disclosing her having cancer and knowing it was gone (if memory serves well) but here she says she has it accepts and moves on.  they bonded

It moved up two notches for me based on the fact that they are giving us just enough and keeping us pulled in for more. 

the story is evolving and I was happy to see that Sawyer called BS on MIB.  Right out straight.

FINALLY!  someone else who agrees with me!

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 08:16:15 AM »
I gave it a seven 7

FINALLY!  someone else who agrees with me!

I agree with all the points of alternate self, like he took it from my mind... but they have not reached a 10 for me.  Tough grading this final season.  A ten will be warranted if and when some other things happen

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 12:12:42 PM »
I gave it a 10... For me, it isn't as good as or better than, say, The Constant, Walkabout, The Brig, etc., but it's definitely in my top 10 favorite episodes. I agree, Time-Jumper outlined it great:

1. Loved scene with the smoke monster's perspective
2. Loved the cave of names
3. Loved the island boy
4. Loved the sideways Universe and all the intertwined lives of the Losties
5. Loved Sawyer's fearless character.  I think he knows exactly what he's doing.  He's playing the game.
6. Loved how Locke still seems to be a part of UnLocke.
7. Loved Ben's Eulogy for Locke - "...And I'm sorry I murdered him."

But to expand on that, I loved Locke in the flash-sideways. On-island, he was always the person saying that we've gotta have faith. Now, everyone else is telling him that: Jack, Helen, Hurley, Rose, Ben... and the only time he yelled "Don't tell me what I can't do!" is when he's Fake-Locke. It's as though, in timeline X, Locke is accepting his destiny, even though it's something he may not like, whereas in the original timeline, he's struggling to fulfill a destiny that he decided he wants but isn't necessarily his actual destiny. I think he sums it up nicely when he says that a walkabout is "man versus nature", and he decided to stop fighting his nature.

I also like how we're getting flashes of Locke in MiB, but I really hope they don't make it seem like Locke's trapped in there, whole, and they can somehow help him overpower MiB to be alive again... ug, just writing that makes me a little queasy.

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2010, 02:01:10 AM »
I gave it an 8.  It gets rated higher because it followed a Kate episode, and every episode seems awesome after a Kate episode.  I would say that the most enjoyable part of this episode was when they buried Locke.  The eulogy was awesome, and the whole group dynamic at the grave site was fantastic.

Offline CastawayCayley

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2010, 02:06:24 AM »
I gave it an 8.  It gets rated higher because it followed a Kate episode, and every episode seems awesome after a Kate episode.  I would say that the most enjoyable part of this episode was when they buried Locke.  The eulogy was awesome, and the whole group dynamic at the grave site was fantastic.

I agree with Carrie!!!  ;D

Offline Cardacct

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2010, 02:10:39 AM »

I agree with Carrie!!!  ;D

Thanks, Cayley!  Also, what Lil said and LB affirmed is true:  They are good at foreplay.