Author Topic: Flash sideways  (Read 3332 times)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Flash sideways
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 12:43:02 PM »
I think you're right - - all of the Jacob-Lostie contact seemed to happen after 1977, though it's hard to tell for sure.
Is that right?  I thought Sawyer said at some point, "Today is the day that my dad killed my mom" but he chose not to go back and prevent it.  Jacob touched him at his parents funeral.

Kate seemed pretty young as well when Jacob touched her, but I agree it's pretty close to matching up with the bomb "detonation" date, though.
I agree wiht you but I cant remember if that was in 1974 before they were dharma or 1977 when theyhad already been wiht dharma,

I should have looked first but apparently they were killed when he was 8 and he was born in 68 so 1976 it was,

He must have said he "could go back and stop it but whatever happened happend" in a scene from 1974.
In 1977, Sawyer tells Jack that his Dad shot his Mom last fall... that would mean that the funeral was last fall, and Jacob appeared to Sawyer then, before they detonate Jughead in '77.

Well, if the island is underwater, the only thing it needs to be protected from is maybe Dharma sharks or Clive Cussler, so maybe there's no need for Jacob?

Offline msdoran

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Flash sideways
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 12:51:08 PM »
I'm still of the belief that both time lines exist in parallel universes and that they will come together some how.  The sideways universe is not a what if time line, but a what's happening time line.  It's real and it'll collide with that original time line eventually...
I totally agree. They are racing towards a constant. They would not have focused so heavily on that last season if they were not.