Author Topic: Disappointed?  (Read 8553 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Disappointed?
« on: February 10, 2010, 06:10:00 PM »
As you can see in my signature, I'm a fan of even the more disliked episodes ever in Lost. Even when this show is 'bad' it is still awesome.

I gotta say though, after all the hype and all the commercials saying "The time for answers is NOW", this episode seemed awfully short on answers.

It may just be that last week was so spectacular, but was I the only one disappointed at the end of this episode?

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Disappointed?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 06:26:37 PM »
They give us a vague answer to one question while creating ten new questions in the process. Sometimes the answer itself is the root of even more questions. It was great at one point, but with the end so close and so much left to cover, it can be a bit frustrating. Or disappointing.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »
I was definitely disappointed by the end.  I was like, "That's IT?"  I felt like we spent a lot of time in the alt timeline of Kate's, which didn't really seem all that new.  Some of the stuff was good, like with Claire and Kate in the hospital.  I do know, however, that TPTB have told us that the alt timeline stories are important, so I'm sure they will come into play eventually.

I just need more answers.  It's the last season, already.  Stop screwing with us and give us what we have so patiently waited for!

Not a horrible episode by any means, but the deal with KungFu master and Jack was like playing cat and dog.  So mysterious and unnecessary.  Was it poison, or not?  Is Sayid dying?  Inhabited?  What the heck is "infected" anyway?  Give us some answers!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 07:44:33 PM »
I was disappointed in the hype of the episode itself, especially because of its title. When we saw What Kate Did, we find out she murdered her father. Last night we saw What Kate Does... and she takes a lady in labor to the hospital.  :-\ Definitely not on the same level of interesting. Besides, we kind of know that Kate, deep down, has a soft spot for women in trouble. So helping Claire was kind of predictable.

Also, I'm really, really tired of the love triangle. After 6 seasons, 3+ years, and two timelines, someone should have wised up.

Offline Cartermon

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 07:54:37 PM »
I think you all are not realizing what you saw in this Episode and as the season goes on, the events in S6E3 will play a larger significance.  Why would Ethan still be there to give Claire the shots around the same timeframe he gave her the shots on the island (her ultrasound was dated about 30 days after the original timeline flight crashed on the island)

Why would TPTB give us an alt timeline flight of Oceanic flt 815 landing in LA X on 10-22-2004 - 30 days after the original timeline flt date of 9-22-2004?  Huge key to the big puzzle in my mind.....

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 08:02:26 PM »
I think you all are not realizing what you saw in this Episode and as the season goes on, the events in S6E3 will play a larger significance.  Why would Ethan still be there to give Claire the shots around the same timeframe he gave her the shots on the island (her ultrasound was dated about 30 days after the original timeline flight crashed on the island)

Why would TPTB give us an alt timeline flight of Oceanic flt 815 landing in LA X on 10-22-2004 - 30 days after the original timeline flt date of 9-22-2004?  Huge key to the big puzzle in my mind.....

Well you are basing that on the 1 screenshot of the ultrasound date stamp. I think it is highly likely this is just a prop error.

If it was done deliberate, then yeah it would be an interesting clue, but if it's a snafu then Claire's due date is exactly the same. Alt timeline she is about a month away. Original timeline she gives birth a month after the crash.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 08:04:56 PM »

Maybe there is more to this episode, maybe there was more to Expose and Stranger in a Strange Land and Fire + Water, but we can't know till the end of the series, if ever. Until then, this episode didn't live up to its hype for me, unless you can explain what the key has unlocked for you?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 08:40:36 PM »
Maybe there is more to this episode, maybe there was more to Expose and Stranger in a Strange Land and Fire + Water

Well, you know now, that I think Jack's tattoo is a huge clue to the whole series - possibly one of the biggest if I'm right. So, devoting a whole episode to it, doesn't seem wasteful any more. I really need to rewatch "Stranger In A Strange Land" for clues that the reality depicted was actually the X universe.

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 09:00:44 PM »

"Stranger In A Strange Land" for clues that the reality depicted was actually the X universe.

Wait...WHAT?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 09:09:40 PM »

"Stranger In A Strange Land" for clues that the reality depicted was actually the X universe.

Wait...WHAT?

Oh. It's just a theory I have that Jack accidentally slipped into the X universe and that was the reason for his tattoo saying what it says.

http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,10278.0.html

I'm off to bed now. It's 01:09 here. Have to get up at 07:30. Ugh.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 09:12:23 PM »

A long time ago we did a whole discussion in the book forum on parallels of Stranger in A Strange land and where Lost was headed.

Wait...WHAT?
Maybe there is more to this episode, maybe there was more to Expose and Stranger in a Strange Land and Fire + Water

Well, you know now, that I think Jack's tattoo is a huge clue to the whole series - possibly one of the biggest if I'm right. So, devoting a whole episode to it, doesn't seem wasteful any more. I really need to re watch "Stranger In A Strange Land" for clues that the reality depicted was actually the X universe.

In season 3 that weird lady of the Others when having their little trial came and explained what Jack's tattoos meant  not quoting her exactly nor did she ever return but he got them in Thailand he stand with everyone but with no one something to that effect.

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 09:14:45 PM »
As you can see in my signature, I'm a fan of even the more disliked episodes ever in Lost. Even when this show is 'bad' it is still awesome.

I gotta say though, after all the hype and all the commercials saying "The time for answers is NOW", this episode seemed awfully short on answers.

It may just be that last week was so spectacular, but was I the only one disappointed at the end of this episode?

No I was very disappointed !!!!!!!!

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 10:14:29 PM »
In reading Doc Jansen's article earlier today, that's how the second episode usually goes, the fly out of the gate in the opener and slow it down for episode two.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 10:21:51 PM »

A long time ago we did a whole discussion in the book forum on parallels of Stranger in A Strange land and where Lost was headed.

Wait...WHAT?

Well, you know now, that I think Jack's tattoo is a huge clue to the whole series - possibly one of the biggest if I'm right. So, devoting a whole episode to it, doesn't seem wasteful any more. I really need to re watch "Stranger In A Strange Land" for clues that the reality depicted was actually the X universe.

In season 3 that weird lady of the Others when having their little trial came and explained what Jack's tattoos meant  not quoting her exactly nor did she ever return but he got them in Thailand he stand with everyone but with no one something to that effect.

I actually really liked that part between Jack and the Sheriff. She translates it as, "We walks among us, but he is not one of us." Jack replies, "Thats what it says, but thats not what it means." BAM In the face, Sheriff lady.

To connect it to the last episode, it was kinda like what Dogan was saying, as a leader of the people he is with, he needs to stay seperated from them, hence having Lennon be his interpreter. I think I remember Bai Ling saying something along those lines that Jack is a natural leader, so thats why the tattoo says what it does.

Offline westy185

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 11:18:03 PM »
This episode is leading us to many major answers. We know more about the Others, more about the infection which leads us to the list making, we've seen that Ethan is still crossing paths with the Losties so his past and perhaps the past of all the Others - if there are still Others - have radically changed, we know that Jack is very important to the Others, we know that no matter what happens, Kate just never changes!