Author Topic: Whispers = Others ... CONFIRMED?  (Read 992 times)

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Whispers = Others ... CONFIRMED?
« on: February 10, 2010, 05:39:42 PM »
In the Pop-Up rerun of this episode, it specifically states that when the whispers occur that it means the Others are not far away.

Is that all it ever was, really?  Is that all the explanation we're going to get about this?

Nothing about the precursor to the appearance of an apparition?

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Whispers = Others ... CONFIRMED?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 09:49:21 AM »
Thinking back to the episode where the Blast Door comes down on Locke, I remember the translation/script whatever of the whispers we hear in those scenes.  From what I remember of that dialoge it doesn't make sense that it's an other making those noises.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 05:52:39 PM »
Pardon my Englishness but whats a pop up re-run? And how did it declare that the whispers meant Others were near?

I had it in my head that the whispers were voices from a different time line :(

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 07:53:16 PM »
The pop-up re-runs are the "extended versions" of the episodes that ABC is playing right before the week's new episode.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 07:54:34 PM »
Thanks Shelly - I dont think we get them in the UK  :-[

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 07:17:52 PM »
In the Pop-Up rerun of this episode, it specifically states that when the whispers occur that it means the Others are not far away.

Is that all it ever was, really?  Is that all the explanation we're going to get about this?

Nothing about the precursor to the appearance of an apparition?

Those enhanced episodes tickers are not to be trusted. The producers said a while ago that the pop up things are not coming from them, neither are the promos for the next week's episode. I believe it was around the time that the episode about Jack's tattoos aired. Mainly because people were upset that the promo claimed that one of LOST's big questions would be answered, and then all they told us was what Jack's tattoos meant. So people complained, and TPTB said that ABC was in control of the ticker, and the promos.

As for the issue of the whispers, I think there is a deeper meaning behind it, but if you remember in the episode where Ben steals Alex from Rousseau, he tells her, "...when ever you hear whispers, you run the other way." And I took that to mean that the whispers are deffinitely connected to the others. There has to be something else behind it though, because we heard the whispers in several situations where the Others were nowhere to be found. This is one of those issues that is going to have to be explained fully by the end of the season.