Author Topic: Aaron's Heartbeat  (Read 4159 times)

Offline nicole818

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Aaron's Heartbeat
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 05:30:54 PM »
Another thought....when Claire is talking to Dr. Ethan and he is asking her if she wants to have the baby now, she says something like "I'm not ready for him." Then BAM thats when we get the flatline alert. After the hustle to do the ultrasound, Claire is freaking out, then says, "Is Aaron ok?!?" Then BAM heartbeat again.

Just wondering if there is any connection to Claire denying Aaron, and then claiming or naming him, and his heartbeat disappearing and reappearing. (If that makes any sense at all lol)

Good catch! I'd have to rewatch to see if that's really how it went down - if so that's cool! There could be something there I think...

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 05:47:38 PM »
Another thought....when Claire is talking to Dr. Ethan and he is asking her if she wants to have the baby now, she says something like "I'm not ready for him." Then BAM thats when we get the flatline alert. After the hustle to do the ultrasound, Claire is freaking out, then says, "Is Aaron ok?!?" Then BAM heartbeat again.

Just wondering if there is any connection to Claire denying Aaron, and then claiming or naming him, and his heartbeat disappearing and reappearing. (If that makes any sense at all lol)

Good catch! I'd have to rewatch to see if that's really how it went down - if so that's cool! There could be something there I think...

According to Lostpedia, that's exactly what happened!

CaseyMac - you're absolutely correct!  :)

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/What_Kate_Does_transcript

ETHAN: Miss Littleton, Claire how you feeling?

CLAIRE: Uncomfortable, wh-wha-what's happening?

ETHAN: What's happening... is that mother nature's gotten a little ahead of herself. Are you ready to have your baby?

CLAIRE: Ah-ah-I'm sorry what!?

ETHAN: You're at 36 weeks, 3 centimeters dilated, and about 80 percent effaced, which means - if you want you can have your baby tonight.

CLAIRE: If I want? So what y-yo-you mean you can stop it then?

ETHAN: Maybe, however to do that would require a number of drugs.

CLAIRE: wah-what drugs, I mean will that hurt the baby?

ETHAN: No they're perfectly safe, I just don't wanna have to stick you with needles if I don't have to. So, it's up to you.

CLAIRE: ...I-I'm not ready.

ETHAN: OK, lets get her started on an (iphedapine ?) drip.

[baby heart monitor next to Claire goes flat and emits continuous monotone beep]

CLAIRE: Wh-what is it?

ETHAN: Margret, let's do an ultrasound. [She goes to get machine] - I want to get a picture of what's going on in there - ah, it could just mean the baby's out of position.

CLAIRE: Wh-what are you saying - what's happening to my baby!? [in tears] is my baby ok? Is Aaron OK?

ETHAN: See? [ultrasound shows movement] There he is - everything's just fine. Your boy just likes to move around - hehe - 140 BPM - perfectly normal. I have a feeling, that Aaron, is gonna be a handful.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 06:28:18 PM »
ETHAN: See? [ultrasound shows movement] There he is - everything's just fine. Your boy just likes to move around - hehe - 140 BPM - perfectly normal. I have a feeling, that Aaron, is gonna be a handful.

LOL. Jacob/MIB a handful? That's the understatement of the century!

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 06:44:18 AM »
After the crash on the island, Claire was going into labour.
Than she didn't feel the baby and was worried. Till Jin gave her something to eat and she felt him kicking again.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2010, 05:48:58 PM »

I know this has already been confirmed, but this is the first thing I thought too. I'm kind of surprised that it took most of the first page of this topic before someone else mentioned it.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 08:42:09 PM »
So the only difference in all the Losties and Aaron was he is in the womb, and somehow that made his apperance/disappearence  different then the rest of them? The flashsidways somehow was different for Aaron becasue...? he was in a womb? Some how the Amniotic fluid created a dampner for him to appear/disappear during the ultrasound...I'm not being picky, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning, besides the timing of the events...