Author Topic: Seems like Sawyer would have dug up Juliet by now  (Read 2807 times)

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Seems like Sawyer would have dug up Juliet by now
« on: February 10, 2010, 12:18:51 PM »
I know, euuuuw thought of the day, but bare with me.  If the Temple brings people back to life.....  why wouldn't he make the attempt or at least ask?  They might refuse (most probably) as she would not have been on the list (Jacob's list?) that was in the wooden anke.  At least I assume she would not be, but what do I know?

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Seems like Sawyer would have dug up Juliet by now
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 12:23:04 PM »
i can see him probably asking... if the possibility of it could happen.. maybe. but he seems liek he is the "whats done is done" guy still.. that even though it breaks his heart to be alone ... he knows in his heart juliet would want to RIP. or even scold him for beig selfish if/ when she came back....

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 01:02:08 PM »
But Sayid wasn't dead until they drowned him in the healing water...so maybe that is the difference. Juliet IS dead already.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 01:05:13 PM »
But Sayid wasn't dead until they drowned him in the healing water...so maybe that is the difference. Juliet IS dead already.

that is true Lil ben wasnt dead either... he was mostly dead.. but i dont think thats knowledge that the character of sawyer has ... so maybe its their way to lay her to rest... i mean it is the last season.. but isnt the "asking her to marry me" a good way to do that?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 01:48:54 PM »
Richard said  last season he has seen many things on the island but never anyone coming back to life.

No one dead is being resurrected.  I think that is against the islands true nature

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 01:49:50 PM »
I agree. I think it's really important that Richard said that.

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 02:21:18 PM »
Miracle Max: It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Inigo Montoya: What's that?
Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

Sorry - Channeling my inner "Princess Bride"

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 02:24:24 PM »
I kept making jokes about him digging her up too.  Now I'll even throw in a Pet Sematary joke... actually I'm too lazy.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 02:32:03 PM »
Miracle Max: It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Inigo Montoya: What's that?
Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

Sorry - Channeling my inner "Princess Bride"
I absolutely LOVE that movie! (And Billy Crystal's role!)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2010, 07:03:29 PM »
I think that the whole dead coming back to life thing is a genuinely foreign idea. Ben and Richard both said that resurrection was something that they had never seen the island do before. Plus, when Dogen saw that Sayid was alive, he seemed genuinely surprised.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 12:18:56 AM »
I think that the whole dead coming back to life thing is a genuinely foreign idea. Ben and Richard both said that resurrection was something that they had never seen the island do before. Plus, when Dogen saw that Sayid was alive, he seemed genuinely surprised.

Thanks Bob maybe they will listen to you ::)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 10:20:31 AM »

Why start now?? It's only been 4 years. LOL

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:56 AM »

Why start now?? It's only been 4 years. LOL

x-D

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 10:24:50 PM »
This was the concept that pissed my mom off throughout the entire 1st episode.  Why didn't Sawyer insist that they bring Juliet to the Iced Tea Pool, too?  Yes, Sayid was "Not Quite Dead" while Juliet was "Definitely Dead" but Sawyer isn't really one for obeying the rules.

I dunno -- my mom said she couldn't concentrate on anything the entire episode because she was so put off by Sawyer not bringing Juliet's body to the pool at the first chance he could.  She thought it was out of character for him not to.  I have to agree.

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 10:25:45 PM »
And yes -- I got my mom hooked on LOST.