Author Topic: The Three Heads Of Cerberus???  (Read 3152 times)

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
The Three Heads Of Cerberus???
« on: February 10, 2010, 11:53:30 AM »
After watching last nights episode, combined with what's come before, I'm thinking Smokey indeed has three "heads", if you will...

a) Smoke Monster
b) MIB / Flocke / ability to take human form
c) the disease / ability to infect / claim someone

I'm not entirely sure that "C" is Smokey, or some other force at play.  Certainly at the end of season 4, and given what's come since, I feel that Christian Shepard is at this point Smokey manifesting himself, and that Claire (after she survives the attack on New Otherton, and particularly in the Cabin scene with Locke and Christian) is pretty much a Smokey minion. 

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: The Three Heads Of Cerberus???
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 12:07:30 PM »
As long as you are not saying that Claire is also a manifestation of Smokie.  I still believe (at this point) that she is alive, tho possible "infected."  My gut tells me she is NOT infected, as in really bad.  I think that to Dogan, people are either with "the others" or infected. 

Just like Danielle before, I think she was sane and not trustful of anyone.  In Dogan's eyes Danielle wouldn't join them, so she is infected.  Now she must fight the Others to survive, as they believe those not with them (infected) should be terminated.  Apparently Cliare now falls into that same category.

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »
As long as you are not saying that Claire is also a manifestation of Smokie.  I still believe (at this point) that she is alive, tho possible "infected."  My gut tells me she is NOT infected, as in really bad.  I think that to Dogan, people are either with "the others" or infected. 

Just like Danielle before, I think she was sane and not trustful of anyone.  In Dogan's eyes Danielle wouldn't join them, so she is infected.  Now she must fight the Others to survive, as they believe those not with them (infected) should be terminated.  Apparently Cliare now falls into that same category.

I'm not so sure Claire is alive.  Well, more specifically, Miles didn't seem too sure she's alive back in S4:

Sawyer:  She's ok, she just got her bell rung.
Miles:  I wouldn't be too sure about that....

Remember, the house she was in did get hit by a rocket.  I suspect, much like Sayid, she died, but somehow became reanimated.  I'm not sure Sayid's reanimation was really related to his swim in the spring waters, so I think whatever happened to Sayid may also have happened to Claire.

Also, no, I don't think Claire is a manifestation of Smokey, just that she's now allied with him.  Reason being, we've never seen Smokey in smoke monster form and appearing as another person at the same time.  In fact, the show seems to have gone to great lengths to show us he cannot appear as both at the same time - exhibit #1:  when Ben goes to get judged in S5, "Locke" conveniently disappears until Smokey leaves, then Locke is back again... exhibit 2:   last week's episode - Flocke vanishes, smokey shows up and beats up Brahm & The Vampirettes, then Flocke is back to reassure Ben as soon as Smokey leaves. 

« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 12:41:55 PM by MachThree »

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 12:40:34 PM »
How do we know Claire didn't take a swim as well?

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 12:44:24 PM »
How do we know Claire didn't take a swim as well?

Because, if she died when the house got hit by the rocket, and then became reanimated, there was no time for her to be taken to the spring before she started walking around again... - the house gets hit by the rocket, then Sawyer picks up her body and forces his way into the house where Ben, Hurley, Miles and Locke are holed up.  Claire comes to, and Miles strongly hints she may be dead.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 01:36:29 PM »
But she may've somehow been taken to the spring some other time, and the "re-animation/infection" effects don't kick in until you actually die. 

Admittedly that feels like reaching, though...

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 01:58:15 PM »
I think she is infected. It seems as though she wouldn't have survived her house being blown apart. I mean, we would have seen her before this if she was in her right mind, wouldn't we?

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 02:05:45 PM »
But she may've somehow been taken to the spring some other time, and the "re-animation/infection" effects don't kick in until you actually die. 

Perhaps... she had contact with the spring BEFORE she died via rocket to the house. We don't knwo what Ethan was injecting her with....

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 02:10:49 PM »

Perhaps... she had contact with the spring BEFORE she died via rocket to the house. We don't knwo what Ethan was injecting her with....

Yeah, that's what I said on another thread.  I'm still mulling that idea over.

Whoever said the idea about maybe Sayid had been "infected" before, and the spring didn't heal him because the water was discolored, but then when he sat up all alive again, THAT was because of his previous contact with whatever the "infection" is -- that's why the Temple Others were surprised that he sat up.  They thought the spring had failed, and he was dead.  But then when he wasn't, all of a sudden they are all suspicious "Uh-oh.  If he's alive, then he must be infected."    Anyway, horrible run-on sentence there, but yeah... what that person said.   :)

Offline versed4every1

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 02:17:52 PM »

I kinda like this idea! 

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »

But I think we do know what Ethan injected her with.  Remember back in season 3 how Ben was able to trigger an illness in Claire, so that Juliet could "cure" her and gain the castaway's trust?  I think Ethan injected Claire with whatever allowed Ben to trigger that illness.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 11:26:20 PM »
There is a old Sci-Fi book called The Heads of Cerberus written by Francis Stevens

People are transported to a future totalitarian society, in Philadelphia circa 2100 A.D.

......... after inhaling a grey dust.

Just saying though it was intresting

Offline stillhaventfound

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2010, 11:42:30 PM »

Because, if she died when the house got hit by the rocket, and then became reanimated, there was no time for her to be taken to the spring before she started walking around again... - the house gets hit by the rocket, then Sawyer picks up her body and forces his way into the house where Ben, Hurley, Miles and Locke are holed up.  Claire comes to, and Miles strongly hints she may be dead.

Can someone refresh my memory of what exactly happened when "the rocket blew up the house"? Somehow I am forgetting this whole sequence of events. I thought that I didn't miss any episodes, and it could be that I'm wrong but I am drawing a total blank on Claire getting blown up in a house. Perhaps an episode name too?

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 11:58:29 PM »

Can someone refresh my memory of what exactly happened when "the rocket blew up the house"? Somehow I am forgetting this whole sequence of events. I thought that I didn't miss any episodes, and it could be that I'm wrong but I am drawing a total blank on Claire getting blown up in a house. Perhaps an episode name too?

I remember Claire disappearing in the jungle with her Dad..... I really don't remember Claire or a house being shot at by a rocket launcher/missile/projectile not following Claire being blown up here????????

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 12:16:44 AM »
I remember Claire disappearing in the jungle with her Dad..... I really don't remember Claire or a house being shot at by a rocket launcher/missile/projectile not following Claire being blown up here????????
Just before Claire, Sawyer, and Miles go walking through the jungle, when Keamy's team starts shooting Dharmaville, they shoot a bazooka-type thing at Claire's house with Claire still in it... Sawyer runs over to it and picks her up, she's alive but dirty and has a headache, and Miles looks at her funny for the rest of the episode...?