Author Topic: SAWYERS RING  (Read 2846 times)

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
SAWYERS RING
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:05:58 AM »
The ring Sawyer was going to give Juliet sure looked like the ring Desmondo was going to give Penny.
What you think?

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: SAWYERS RING
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 10:23:34 AM »
Maybe they used the same prop.

That was a sad/sweet scene with him digging in the floor boards and finding it was still there, 30 years later.

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 10:47:51 AM »
I can't remember that detail,

Did he get that ring from somewhere ? Or he bought it at Dharmaville?

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 10:49:28 AM »
Maybe Mrs Hawking's jewelry store has a catalog and is willing to ship to the South Pacific.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 12:24:31 PM »
i saw the similarity as well... even the action of throwing it into water...

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 01:05:31 PM »
remember how technically everyone had to be on the algeria air flight for them to be able to go back, locke had to wear christian's clothes etc... maybe in these two time lines there is a lot of course correcting going on and making things right and charters assume the roles of other characters depending until these two time lines can unite... just a question of which one will it be in the end... island time 2007 or 2004?

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 01:13:01 PM »
i definately see the course correcting and role switching... in the alternate universe and in the timeline we are used to.. hurley leading... miles cracking jokes and sarcasm.. kate not running... sawyer running... im not saying.. im just saying..

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 01:41:48 PM »
i definately see the course correcting and role switching... in the alternate universe and in the timeline we are used to.. hurley leading... miles cracking jokes and sarcasm.. kate not running... sawyer running... im not saying.. im just saying..

Ummm Kate ran she ran right to Sawyer

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 01:47:40 PM »
The ring Sawyer was going to give Juliet sure looked like the ring Desmondo was going to give Penny.
What you think?

I was thinking this too, so I went back to season 3 to look it up. They are kinda close, but definitely different rings.

At the same time, the whole "throw it in the water" thing is an undeniable connection.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 02:12:36 PM »
I don't mean to appear to be stupid here but other than the two rings being tossed in the water I don't see a significance in this.  I mean what could the ring possibly have to do with any of the plots or mysteries to this island?

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 02:28:08 PM »
I don't mean to appear to be stupid here but other than the two rings being tossed in the water I don't see a significance in this.  I mean what could the ring possibly have to do with any of the plots or mysteries to this island?

Yeah, not everything is a major plot point. I think it's just one of those cool connections, like in Star Wars, almost all the main characters say the line "I have a bad feeling about this." at some point.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 03:25:59 PM »

okay if you call yourself any kind of LOST fan you know what i mean by when Kate runs... since it seems youre not that much of a lost fan let e explain it to you... kate runs away from problems... you following ??? and this tie she ran right to her problem... which goes with MY point that peoples natures seems to have changed in both realities...

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 03:29:34 PM »

okay if you call yourself any kind of LOST fan you know what i mean by when Kate runs... since it seems youre not that much of a lost fan let e explain it to you... kate runs away from problems... you following ??? and this tie she ran right to her problem... which goes with MY point that peoples natures seems to have changed in both realities...
Wow, so if somebody doesn't follow what you're saying, they aren't a LOST fan? Harsh.

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 03:33:35 PM »
no not that.. if they dont know a basic element of the show.. like kate runs... sawyer cons... though there has been character development.. i dont think kate ever really developed into somethign different than a runner ( away from her problems) until last nights episode.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 03:37:15 PM »
i saw the similarity as well... even the action of throwing it into water...
Yes yes!  (& I cried both times.)

Yeah, not everything is a major plot point. I think it's just one of those cool connections, like in Star Wars, almost all the main characters say the line "I have a bad feeling about this." at some point.
Right!  Was it done purposefully?  Yes.  Does it mean something significant?  Probably not.