Author Topic: Good vs bad  (Read 1719 times)

Offline taki1379

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Good vs bad
« on: February 09, 2010, 11:15:30 PM »
It seems like the temple people are trying hard to keep the losties away from the smoke/ man in black. Maybe each side ( Jacob/smokie) has to convince the losties that they are the good guys to win.

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Good vs bad
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 11:16:02 PM »
yeah that seems apparent.

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 03:16:18 AM »
yeah that seems apparent.

You might also think its apparent that the "big column of smoke that goes 'ticka ticka' and looks pissed off" is the "bad" here... but what does anybody know at this point? lol

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 03:19:37 AM »
I'm not sure there is any good or bad.

One particular moment that really made me question this was at the end of season 5, when the Man In Black accuses Jacob of bringing the ship to island. To me, he did not look evil. He looked annoyed and tired of playing the same old game. It gave me the impression that Jacob was the one using people and manipulating lives only to prove a point, while the Man In Black was disgusted by the whole affair.

Offline Roman122

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 04:53:55 AM »
I'm not sure there is any good or bad.

One particular moment that really made me question this was at the end of season 5, when the Man In Black accuses Jacob of bringing the ship to island. To me, he did not look evil. He looked annoyed and tired of playing the same old game. It gave me the impression that Jacob was the one using people and manipulating lives only to prove a point, while the Man In Black was disgusted by the whole affair.

...Which could be why he's so disappointed in everyone? For "falling" for it?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 07:08:03 PM »
I posted this somewhere a looooooooooong time back about how technically both sides are good and bad, it just depends who you talk to. Think about World War part deux. I'm sure if you asked a nazi who were the good guys, they would have said they were. The only people that openly admit to being "the bad guys" are villians in comic books and action movies.