Author Topic: "Because there's a war coming, John"  (Read 4603 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: "Because there's a war coming, John"
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 07:49:20 PM »
By this theory ... it's possible that the Infection is a tool used by MIB/Smokey (kind of like a magic spell), but not MIB/Smokey inhabiting bodies himself.

Actually, that makes alot of sense! When Dogan is talking about Sayid, they are having a hard time translating what was happening to Sayid. If MIB was possessing him, then...well...they would say he is possessed. But if he is infected/claimed, then being under a "magic spell" sounds like a much closer fit.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 07:53:26 PM »
Also it seemed quite a co-incidence that they were torchering a torcherer (sp?) - my initial impression was they are giving out a bit of what Sayid used to deliver............
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 05:49:46 AM by Rebel 3:16 »

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 11:33:19 PM »
Also it seemd quite a co-incidence that they were torchuring a torchurer (sp?) - my initial impression was they are giving out a bit of what Sayid used to deliver............

Yeah, I'm not sure how that test was supposed to work because it looks like I probably would have failed it too. lol So maybe it wasn't really a test after all.

However, it did lead to one of my all time favorite Lost lines shortly afterward:
"They never even asked me any questions."
-Sayid, Lost
-Han Solo, Empire Strikes Back

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »

Yeah, I'm not sure how that test was supposed to work because it looks like I probably would have failed it too. lol So maybe it wasn't really a test after all.

I would have failed it too.  99% of humans would have failed it! 

BUT -- Sayid also isn't like 99% of humans.  He's an experienced torturer, as noted above.  Maybe they expected him to handle the pain a lot better, and because of all of his screaming, they realized he was actually just trying to *sound* like a normal person would sound like.  Perhaps they knew that the REAL Sayid -- BAMF that he is -- wouldn't have screamed and cried so much.

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 04:25:46 PM »
Good point Adriana, didnt we see Sayid getting a beating in a previous episode/ flashback - and if im remembering correctly he neither cried or screamed, more like grunting and holding his emotions in? I'll go have a look now......

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 04:28:45 PM »
It was early on - when Danielle captured Sayid!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EDnFcnOgkQ

Actually after re-watching that it seems he acted pretty similar to our new Sayid.... except maybe he talks more?
Im not sure now :(
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:33:30 PM by Rebel 3:16 »

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2010, 06:03:16 AM »
Maybe a not infected person would die with the voltage Dogen used.
He increased it, till Sayid started screaming, than he stopped it.
Maybe another person would scream earlier.

Offline red255

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2010, 09:43:22 AM »
I would say this is it! Think back to when they explained the French crew and how they got "sick", its the same thing. They become "infected" ,as Daniell explained it, with evil then they eventually all died. And it looks like Clair is following right in Daniells steps, maybe she is fighting it?!
But this brings up another question, what is with Christian? After all he was the one who took Clair away in the middle of the night. Was it MIB who took over his body? and if so how did he appear to Jack off island, so far it seems that only Jacob could leave.

So that means Smokey can have multiple vessel's? I can go with that I guess. (thats alot of s's too)  ;D

I think this actually gets to the point that there's contention about.  Are Smokey and "the infection" one and the same? 

If they ARE one and the same, then Smokey is currently in Locke's body at the beach, AND now in Sayid's body at the temple, AND in Claire's body running around the forest ... and that would suggest he can be in multiple vessels at once.

HOWEVER -- when he appeared to Ben as Alex under the temple wall, UNLocke *disappeared* while Alex was in front of Ben.  Similarly, UNLocke disappeared while Smokey killed Jacob's SWAT team in the foot statue.  This would suggest that he CANNOT inhabit multiple vessels at once.

..... I think I've just convinced myself that Smokey and the Infection are actually 2 separate things, now ... bringing our total of "other-worldly entities of ambiguous moral standing" to 3:

1: MIB/Smokey
2: Infection
3: Jacob

Yay, LSAT logic!!!

By this theory ... it's possible that the Infection is a tool used by MIB/Smokey (kind of like a magic spell), but not MIB/Smokey inhabiting bodies himself.

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2010, 10:51:47 AM »
Yay- thanks!  It's also occurred me reading over my hypothesis above that if these are three separate entities:

1: Jacob
2: MIB/Smokey
3: The Infection

Then the Infection could be a tool being used EITHER by mib/smokey OR Jacob.  Based on how Rousseau's team acted while they were "infected," I think we can put infected people in the "Morally Bad" category.  But since we're not altogether positive which of Jacob or MIB/Smokey are the "bad" or "good" guy -- it's possible that either of them can use the infection as a tool in their own grand scheme.