Poll

Did you remember Aldo before he "reintroduced" himself to Kate?

Yes, of course.
16 (42.1%)
Wellll, no.
18 (47.4%)
Who is Aldo?
4 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: Who Remembered Aldo? ...aka Mac from Always Sunny?  (Read 6371 times)

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Who Remembered Aldo? ...aka Mac from Always Sunny?
« on: February 10, 2010, 01:49:02 AM »
Mac = Aldo (the Other Kate Hater), Rob McElhenney.
What a great cameo! He must have a good agent to get on LOST...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 11:45:59 PM by Numbers Junkie »

Offline JMart

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Mac from Always Sunny?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 01:51:09 AM »
He was already on LOST before.

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Mac from Always Sunny?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 01:57:31 AM »
Yeah, I think in season 3, eps "Not in Portland"
Love 'em each time.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Who Remebered Aldo?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 02:34:02 AM »
He looked kinda familiar, but didn't make the connection until he said it.

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Who Remebered Aldo?
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 04:26:53 AM »
The actor Rob McElhenney is also on the tv show It's always Sunny in Philadelphia, which might be why he looks familiar.

This Lost wiki says that he was presumed dead in S3, which is in line with the reincarnation vibe I got from his "you don't even remember me" line to Kate.

Episode Appearances: "Not in Portland".
Hails from: Unknown.

Who he is: Aldo was stationed at Room 23 of the Hydra station. He was reading A Brief History of Time, by Stephen Hawking. Alex came, with Kate and Sawyer, who seemed to be tied up. Alex said that she caught them, and that Ben ordered her to bring them here. Aldo was suspicious, and radioed Pickett, but Sawyer attacked him. Kate threatened to shoot Aldo in the knee if he did not say where Karl was at. He said he was in Room 23. Kate then knocked him unconscious, and they went inside to rescue Karl.

After the third season, the producers mentioned that Aldo was dead. However, it is not known how he died.

But the more I think about it, i doubt he died back then and they are strumming the "two sides to every story" thing the show does so well.

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 04:46:17 AM »
The actor Rob McElhenney is also on the tv show It's always Sunny in Philadelphia, which might be why he looks familiar.

This Lost wiki says that he was presumed dead in S3, which is in line with the reincarnation vibe I got from his "you don't even remember me" line to Kate.

Who he is: Aldo was stationed at Room 23 of the Hydra station. He was reading A Brief History of Time, by Stephen Hawking. Alex came, with Kate and Sawyer, who seemed to be tied up. Alex said that she caught them, and that Ben ordered her to bring them here. Aldo was suspicious, and radioed Pickett, but Sawyer attacked him. Kate threatened to shoot Aldo in the knee if he did not say where Karl was at. He said he was in Room 23. Kate then knocked him unconscious, and they went inside to rescue Karl.

After the third season, the producers mentioned that Aldo was dead. However, it is not known how he died.

But the more I think about it, i doubt he died back then and they are strumming the "two sides to every story" thing the show does so well.
Yeah, I think that Kte just hit him with the gun and he passed out.

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 08:43:04 AM »
I knew who it was  ;)

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 08:47:58 AM »
I didn't even remember him when he reintroduced himself to Kate.  She's smashed so many people in the face that I still couldn't place him.  Now that I read that LostWiki thing Eric posted (thanks!)... NOW I remember him!

So TPTB say he died?  Hmmmm.  Wonder if all the Temple Others are Others that have died?  Are they all dead, and then got re-incarnated by the spring water so they can serve as guardians of Jacob? 

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 08:59:47 AM »
Do they all get "tested" then, like Sayid?

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 09:05:56 AM »
Dunno.  We've gotta keep our eyes peeled for poker-burn scars.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 09:08:53 AM »
I remembered him, but couldn't remember his name!

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 10:12:58 AM »
I was kind of glad we saw him - it kind of made me feel like the Temple Others are the same as the "original" Others.  It tied it together.  He was acting more like a tough guy than last time with the Wookie-prisoner trick.  I think Aldo must have been promoted to Price's or Picket's old job.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 02:32:50 PM »
I don't remember Kate hitting him, but I do remember him being an Other.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 03:31:29 PM »
I was kind of glad we saw him - it kind of made me feel like the Temple Others are the same as the "original" Others.  It tied it together. I agree.  I think there has been much confusion over supposed "factions" of Others (which I don't think exist). He was acting more like a tough guy than last time with the Wookie-prisoner trick. Once bitten....lol   I think Aldo must have been promoted to Price's or Picket's old job.
He did have the Picket 'tude.  I think of those guys when I think of "darkness" in a heart!

I did remember him (including his name!), & I'm glad they weren't just recycling actors (like they've done a few times).

WoW....so he died?  Hmmm.....I wonder if they said that trying to tie up his story line @ that point, not knowing that they'd be having him back. 

OR....

So TPTB say he died?  Hmmmm.  Wonder if all the Temple Others are Others that have died?  Are they all dead, and then got re-incarnated by the spring water so they can serve as guardians of Jacob? 
I said to my husband after last week's episode, "I wonder how many of the Others have died & were reanimated by the pool."

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 08:07:12 PM »
I remembered him! During ReWatch, I realized he's on Always Sunny, so recognized him immediately last night.

Also... one of the two guards that Jack tells to "Step aside" looked a lot like Pickett... we had to pause it to make sure it wasn't him.