5 (19.2%)
4 (15.4%)
5 (19.2%)
2 (7.7%)
0 (0%)
2 (7.7%)
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Episode 6x3 Rating  (Read 10038 times)

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 6x3 Rating
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2010, 05:34:28 PM »
I judge each episode of Lost against all episodes of Lost so far.  If I gave it a 10 that means it was the best episode of Lost that I have ever seen.
If I gave it a 1, I feel it was the worst episode of Lost I have ever seen. I never judge Lost against any other show but itself. After all it is the best show on TV.

This was by far one of the worst episodes I've seen. Yes, Jack's tats was a snooze fest. (Stranger in a Strange land), but at least Jack got beat up in that episode.  Plus Sawyer gave Karl that cowboy up talk.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2010, 06:53:04 PM »
I judge each episode of Lost against all episodes of Lost so far.  If I gave it a 10 that means it was the best episode of Lost that I have ever seen.
If I gave it a 1, I feel it was the worst episode of Lost I have ever seen. I never judge Lost against any other show but itself. After all it is the best show on TV.

This was by far one of the worst episodes I've seen. Yes, Jack's tats was a snooze fest. (Stranger in a Strange land), but at least Jack got beat up in that episode.  Plus Sawyer gave Karl that cowboy up talk.

This is the way I do it also, and you can not say that this episode was close the the Constant, The Pilot Episode or most of the season premiere or finales. No way does it compare at all with those,

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2010, 06:53:50 PM »
I don't think you're rude to call us 10ers crazy.  I just think we're watching with different expectations.
It may not be rude, but it sure is harsh.

;D :P ::) ;D   -  so far the fans are just restless one could say
Yes, one could say!
Here are my expectations. I want a good story told that advances the characters lives and gives us some answers and closure along the way.

I do not think you are the only person who would like that, but if they do  not deliver what can you do serioulsy what can you do? 
I can bitch about it.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2010, 06:56:19 PM »
I don't think you're rude to call us 10ers crazy.  I just think we're watching with different expectations.
It may not be rude, but it sure is harsh.

;D :P ::) ;D   -  so far the fans are just restless one could say
Yes, one could say!
Here are my expectations. I want a good story told that advances the characters lives and gives us some answers and closure along the way.

I do not think you are the only person who would like that, but if they do  not deliver what can you do serioulsy what can you do? 
I can bitch about it.
you have and will  ;) ;D

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2010, 09:36:38 PM »
I guess I still can't figure what would a "full of answers/full of action" episode would have played like.  Wasn't it worthwhile that Kate faced up to some sense of responsibility about both Claire and Sawyer?  I saw her as maybe still running but running into the proverbial brick wall.  And when she comes face to face with Claire on the island that is going to be a big deal.  It can't all be action scenes.  Lost has never been about that.  Plus I still read the temple scenes as very important to the world of the Others and the Island.  I dont' think any of it is dull or a waste of time.  Kate's character progressed, Sawyer's did, Jack's did, even Hurley's did.  Sayid is becoming something no one can explain.  Where is the lack of development?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »
I guess I still can't figure what would a "full of answers/full of action" episode would have played like.  Wasn't it worthwhile that Kate faced up to some sense of responsibility about both Claire and Sawyer?  I saw her as maybe still running but running into the proverbial brick wall.  And when she comes face to face with Claire on the island that is going to be a big deal.  It can't all be action scenes.  Lost has never been about that.  Plus I still read the temple scenes as very important to the world of the Others and the Island.  I dont' think any of it is dull or a waste of time.  Kate's character progressed, Sawyer's did, Jack's did, even Hurley's did.  Sayid is becoming something no one can explain.  Where is the lack of development?

Funny you mention this after a week of posting no one, other than this, that I read, mentioned the characters progress.  I saw Jack being mentored by Dogen.  He was asking questions of Jack that made him think.  Jack expressed to Kate, the best he could that he was still in love with her and cared.  Kate found out that Sawyer did love Juliette and that what was of their relationship had changed forever.
I could go on but I preaching to the choir here.  And I do look forward to Ben and his abuse this season, not his abusing others but how he will be used and abused.

I also found great humor in the fact that the writers have been reading us across the various forums, with Kate running and the banter of Miles and Hugo.   
The answers of they were all brought there. 

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2010, 10:46:54 PM »

And that was a huge one, too.  I mean, we all expected it, but Dogan came out and SAID it.  That's important.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2010, 09:08:20 AM »

And that was a huge one, too.  I mean, we all expected it, but Dogan came out and SAID it.  That's important.

New episode new answers

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2010, 01:59:10 AM »
I gave this episode a 4 because:

1 - It is a Kate episode, and blech for Kate episodes,
2 - The only mystery that I don't care about here is whether she actually killed her dad in this timeline, and
3 - I am so over the Sawyer/Kate sexual tension, ... oh wait, I never really liked it.