Author Topic: Claire=Rousseau  (Read 6174 times)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Claire=Rousseau
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2010, 02:21:58 PM »
Wow... I suck... I didn't even make the connection that he was talking about Claire when he said Jack's sister.  I guess I was too busy making Darth Vader jokes and was completely underwhelmed by the episode at that point.  I was thinking, Jack has a sister?

Offline DaveJohnson

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2010, 09:22:37 PM »
While the intention obviously was to show Claire acting like Rousseau, I wonder if the bigger question is if the Island needs certain roles filled by whomever is available. Is this why MIB could not kill Jacob? As the Island NEEDS a Jacob and a MIB...

I like this.  It fits with all the "role filling" that Daniel's mother was doing when she was trying to round people up for the Ajira flight.  Also, Dogan and Lennon sure seem to think it's very important all of a sudden that all "our guys" stick around with them and stay healthy -- they didn't want Sawyer to leave, and Dogan almost jumped out of his skin trying to save Jack from taking that pill.  But they've gone from saving Sayid (per Jacob's instructions) to now trying to kill him all of a sudden?  I'm wondering if that pill would really have killed him...

To add to this a little bit... Claire is apparently making traps just like Rousseau did. The other states the trap couldn't have been Rousseau's, as she had been dead several years...

And as for Rousseau's insanity - let's remember that she apparently had no particular knowledge of the Others (other than their presence), yet the Island is veritably swimming with them...! Weird at a minimum...

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2010, 09:59:57 PM »
wasn't the last time we saw claire she was in kate's house, in the bedroom with aaron and telling kate not to bring him back whatever she does??  she seemed pretty not-crazy then, at least to me
i don't think we have seen enough of her to determine if she has gone rousseau crazy.  she heard something running up on her, and pointed her gun, which if i had one, i probably would do too!

Wouldn't she have been "infected" at this point?

Why would an "infected" person not want Aaron back to the island? 

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2010, 10:11:37 PM »
The look that Claire gives Jin at the end, is it?

a) How do you know my name kind of look?

or-

b) Holy crap Jin, what are you doing with those guys kind of look?

Offline iamlost2

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »

or-

or

c) OMG, when did Jin start speaking English? :)

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 01:32:08 PM »

or-

or

c) OMG, when did Jin start speaking English? :)

;D Love it!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2010, 09:02:19 PM »
And as for Rousseau's insanity - let's remember that she apparently had no particular knowledge of the Others (other than their presence), yet the Island is veritably swimming with them...! Weird at a minimum...
Ben told her that when she heard whispers to run the other way, though.

Offline AGGS

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2010, 02:00:41 AM »
I would assume that the list only had names, not pictures of the Losties. They may also have dont a bit of researching in the time between taking the losties inside and the time they talk to Jack. When the translator comes into the area they seem pretty interested in talking to Jack. Considering Hugo was almost leaderlike during their whole initial exchange, I imagine they have discovered something about Jack to single him out to speak to first.

Also been thinking back now to when Sawyer and Juliette kill the two others outside the barracks. Alpert really wanted their bodies back, along with the husband who was killed. Maybe the others bring their dead back to life regularly?

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2010, 03:15:55 AM »
Wow... I suck... I didn't even make the connection that he was talking about Claire when he said Jack's sister.  I guess I was too busy making Darth Vader jokes and was completely underwhelmed by the episode at that point.  I was thinking, Jack has a sister?

For a bit, I was right there with you. The Han Solo line earlier had my brain halfway to star wars already. So, when Dogan said, "So is your sister." I was doing the Darth Vader voice in my head. "So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her too." lol

Then I remembered, ohhh right Claire. It's about time someone told Jack he had a sister. Then it wasn't until the next day when I remembered, oh right Claire's mom already told him at Christian's funeral. So many details sometimes. lol

It will be cool to see how this Claire / Rousseau connection plays out. I wouldn't be suprised to see Jin strapped to some electrified bed springs next week.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2010, 01:56:26 AM »
Maybe Claire / Rousseau are Losts versions of "Darths".....kinda joking/kinda not

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2010, 10:48:06 AM »
wasn't the last time we saw claire she was in kate's house, in the bedroom with aaron and telling kate not to bring him back whatever she does??  she seemed pretty not-crazy then, at least to me
i don't think we have seen enough of her to determine if she has gone rousseau crazy.  she heard something running up on her, and pointed her gun, which if i had one, i probably would do too!

Wouldn't she have been "infected" at this point?

Why would an "infected" person not want Aaron back to the island? 
Maybe the "real" Claire is the one that doesn't want Aaron back.  After all this provides us a clue that perhaps the "real" person has the ability to go about and leave the island.  Like Christian reaching out to Jack

Offline muggle_born

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2010, 06:49:09 PM »
Maybe the "real" Claire is the one that doesn't want Aaron back.  After all this provides us a clue that perhaps the "real" person has the ability to go about and leave the island.  Like Christian reaching out to Jack
[/quote]
I've been wondering about this since midway through this thread.  If Christian was MIB all the time, or an "infected" dead body, then how was he leaving the island to talk to Jack (and how did Claire to talk to Kate)?  MIB just wants to leave the island but can't, so it couldn't have been him posing as dead Christian talking to Jack off-island, so then was it even him on the island posing as dead Christian, or was Christian infected like Claire and just hanging out talking to dogs?