Author Topic: Claire=Rousseau  (Read 6171 times)

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Claire=Rousseau
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2010, 12:43:44 AM »
No I meant the scene with her team.....sorry

What we saw was her killing her team because she said they were sick...But was it her?

I do......

But whose story do we believe now?

No, they were are all acting different, remember?

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2010, 12:44:41 AM »

What we saw was her killing her team because she said they were sick...But was it her?

I do......

I always think trusting a crazy French lady is good.... lol

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2010, 12:57:53 AM »

I do......

Only when they are cooking duck l'orange

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2010, 01:02:24 AM »

I do......

Only when they are cooking duck l'orange
Bon Appetit LOL

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 01:03:53 AM »
Truly though, I do trust Danielle in this situation. I don't think she was "infected", but I think her team was. So the question then becomes, why does the Last Samurai tell Jack that Claire had become infected? Was he lying or do they really believe that Claire was infected to the point of no return?

Offline DaveJohnson

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 07:45:30 AM »
While the intention obviously was to show Claire acting like Rousseau, I wonder if the bigger question is if the Island needs certain roles filled by whomever is available. Is this why MIB could not kill Jacob? As the Island NEEDS a Jacob and a MIB...

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 08:32:29 AM »
I think Rousseau was the sane one when she shot her other team members.  They had gone down into the Temple/Smokey area, and had emerged clearly "different," which apparently we can now call "infected."  But we have not yet seen Claire go down there -- we have no way of knowing if Dogan is lying about Claire or not.  Dogan seems to really want something from Jack (we still don't know what the urgent, private conversation was supposed to be between him and the Temple Others right before Sayid woke up) and maybe Dogan thinks he can use this Claire info to manipulate Jack.

Rousseau's team "became infected."   The only other person that we know was saved in the Temple was Ben -- did he "become infected?"  If so, why didn't the Temple Others kill him like they're trying to kill Sayid?  Could "infected" maybe translate as "having taken sides" in the Jacob/MIB conflict?  Rousseau's team became rabid protectors of MIB... Ben became a rabid protector of Jacob?  Maybe when the spring water is clear, it's Jacob doing the saving, and when the spring water is discolored, it's MIB who saves the person -- and then the saved person is thus "enslaved" or dedicated to their savior?

Random thought... how does Dogan know Claire is Jack's sister?  He didn't even know who Jack was when he was consulting the ankh list.  And it can't be that he's been in contact with Claire, because Claire doesn't know she's Jack's sister.  Maybe Dogan's been talking with Christian?  Or is this just another thing The Others know from their files... which implies that the Temple Others were working closely with the New Otherton Others.

While the intention obviously was to show Claire acting like Rousseau, I wonder if the bigger question is if the Island needs certain roles filled by whomever is available. Is this why MIB could not kill Jacob? As the Island NEEDS a Jacob and a MIB...

I like this.  It fits with all the "role filling" that Daniel's mother was doing when she was trying to round people up for the Ajira flight.  Also, Dogan and Lennon sure seem to think it's very important all of a sudden that all "our guys" stick around with them and stay healthy -- they didn't want Sawyer to leave, and Dogan almost jumped out of his skin trying to save Jack from taking that pill.  But they've gone from saving Sayid (per Jacob's instructions) to now trying to kill him all of a sudden?  I'm wondering if that pill would really have killed him...

Offline Beej

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 09:35:38 AM »
Random thought... how does Dogan know Claire is Jack's sister?  He didn't even know who Jack was when he was consulting the ankh list.  And it can't be that he's been in contact with Claire, because Claire doesn't know she's Jack's sister.  Maybe Dogan's been talking with Christian?  Or is this just another thing The Others know from their files... which implies that the Temple Others were working closely with the New Otherton Others.

Well the others know all these little details about the 815ers. We knew there was a Jacob since season 1 or 2, but we haven't met him.

I believe Claire is sane, because why would she shoot the guy without warning. She knew what she was doing because if she was insane, Jin would be dead also

Offline MachThree

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 11:49:17 AM »
So does one have to die to become possessed or "claimed" (as Dogen / the translator guy said last night)?  Because, by the end of the 4th season, I think most of us felt Claire had died in the RPG attack on her house in New Otherton, and was somehow walking around in some sort of zombie state, had been resurected etc.  Now Sayid somehow comes back to life as well - after a short period of unconciousness, just like Claire. 

Offline on the island

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 01:06:09 PM »
The last time we saw Claire she was in the cabin with Christian (who I believe is MIB or works for MIB).  She was acting very strange at the time and if I remember correctly showed no interest in Aaron.  Pretty good sing that she is no longer  "good guy" - whatever that is worth on this island.

Interesting theory about Claire taking over Rousseau's role on the island.  I am not positive of the exact timing, but she vanishes within a day or so of Rousseau being killed (my guess on the timing). 

Offline sillysab

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 01:09:15 PM »
I really think that Ben took Alex thinking Rousseau was also infected like the other French and he was trying to protect Alex. Whether Rousseau was actually infected is up for debate. The others are all about stopping the infection/darkness from spreading and protecting children in general.

Offline jodeci

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 01:27:51 PM »
wasn't the last time we saw claire she was in kate's house, in the bedroom with aaron and telling kate not to bring him back whatever she does??  she seemed pretty not-crazy then, at least to me
i don't think we have seen enough of her to determine if she has gone rousseau crazy.  she heard something running up on her, and pointed her gun, which if i had one, i probably would do too!

Offline misseko815

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 01:34:22 PM »
Yes, that was the last time we saw Claire. In Kate's house, in Aaron's room.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2010, 01:59:40 PM »
I think Dogan is telling the truth when he says that Claire is infected.  I would say that Jin is in trouble right now.

It does seem odd that Dogan knew that Claire is Jack's sister, but he is an other...sort of.  They know an aweful lot.  They are also very careful about what kind of information they give up.  I think the whole thing about asking for the losties names while looking at the paper was bit of theatre.  They didn't want the losties knowing that they knew all that at the time.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2010, 02:04:13 PM »
Danielle was paranoid after all the stuff that happened to her on the island.  She survived based on instincts and learned how not to be "involved" or taken by the others.

As much as Claire resembles Rousseau and has similar life experiences I think Claire is on a differnt path

Dogem knows a lot of things