Author Topic: Claire=Rousseau  (Read 6183 times)

Offline joetermini

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Claire=Rousseau
« on: February 09, 2010, 11:34:22 PM »
At the end of "What Kate Does", we see Claire holding Jin at gunpoint. This combined with Kate and Jin's previous conversation with their two guards about Rousseau's traps made me realize that Claire has essentially become exactly like Rousseau. She gave birth on the island, she lost the one she loved, she loses her baby, and the she disappears. Now Claire reappears after potentially living alone in the jungle for a long period of time looking kind of crazy. She even has Rousseau-looking hair. In addition, if the two guards are sure that Rousseau's traps are no longer a threat, then one might assume that Claire set them. One could assume that the 2nd Other tried to hush up the existence of Claire.

Any thoughts?

Offline louisianagirl76l

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Claire=Rousseau
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 11:35:42 PM »
At the end of "What Kate Does", we see Claire holding Jin at gunpoint. This combined with Kate and Jin's previous conversation with their two guards about Rousseau's traps made me realize that Claire has essentially become exactly like Rousseau. She gave birth on the island, she lost the one she loved, she loses her baby, and the she disappears. Now Claire reappears after potentially living alone in the jungle for a long period of time looking kind of crazy. She even has Rousseau-looking hair. In addition, if the two guards are sure that Rousseau's traps are no longer a threat, then one might assume that Claire set them. One could assume that the 2nd Other tried to hush up the existence of Claire.

Any thoughts?

Agreed

Offline E.S.B.

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 11:35:47 PM »
I think you hit the nail on the head.

I just hope this "darkness" that kung-fu dude was talking about taking over Claire doesn't mean she's "bad" now.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 11:36:41 PM »
I totally agree and just hope she isn't as crazy as Danielle was......but the look in her eyes kinda said she was  :-[

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 11:38:57 PM »
but we found out that Danielle wasn't crazy, her whole story really happened, so I'm more inclined to think of her as Robert, Danielle's baby daddy

Offline joetermini

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 11:42:44 PM »
Thats an interesting point actually. Zen Man's discussion of the "infection" seems to parallel Rousseau's discussion of what happened to the science team. From there though, all the coincidences get a little hazy, I haven't been able to make sense of them yet.

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:45:19 PM »
but we found out that Danielle wasn't crazy, her whole story really happened, so I'm more inclined to think of her as Robert, Danielle's baby daddy
yeah she was just really really distrustful of anyone...for obvious reasons...

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 11:48:00 PM »
Claire's whole demeanour reminds me of Danielle. The look in her eyes, being confused looking.

Offline jacobsdaughter

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 11:49:36 PM »
With Rousseau and possibly with Claire, she was a little nutso from the experiences she had:
losing a child
being alone for a long time
survival mode
being afraid of being hunted

I thought Rousseau seemed to come around when she was around people for a while and got Alex back.

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 11:49:46 PM »
Remember - Danielle wasn't all that crazy, given the circumstances.

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 12:17:14 AM »
She knew enough to punch Ben in the nose, so that says something about her sanity right there. 

That was one of my favorite Lost moments...

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 12:19:28 AM »
Was this, with Rousseau, a perceptual illusion ?

What we saw was a young women scared and killing the science team...becuase they were crazy.
Was it actually a old crazy women killing people trying to help her?

Offline LouE68

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 12:20:41 AM »
I think the intent was to show the similarity of Danielle and Claire, but since it was an ending scene, it's just a ruse...and next week we will see

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 12:29:45 AM »
No I meant the scene with her team.....sorry

What we saw was her killing her team because she said they were sick...But was it her?

Offline misseko815

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 12:32:13 AM »
No I meant the scene with her team.....sorry

What we saw was her killing her team because she said they were sick...But was it her?

No, they were are all acting different, remember?