Author Topic: Why Can't The Temple Others Kill Our Losties?  (Read 6673 times)

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Why Can't The Temple Others Kill Our Losties?
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 07:55:39 AM »
I think in "The Substitute", we have ?young Jacob? reminding UnLocke that he can't kill ?Sawyer? because those are The Rules; and the strong suggestion is that everyone whose name is written on the cave ceiling corresponds to people that Jacob touched and therefore are special pieces in their game and aren't supposed to be killed.

But Locke's name was uncrossed - until M.I.B. crossed it out.

Was it really Jacob's cave or M.I.B.'s? Jacob seemed quite at home within the statue of Tawaret.

Smoky just likes to cross the names, because it brings him nearer to his goal.
The numbers predict the time left till the end of the world. When he can cross them all, he won.

But the names are people, selected for their game. We know that there is a candidate for something, because Ilana says so and
Ilana surely is on Jacob's side. He went to ask her help.
Aldo is not allowed to kill Kate, because she could be a candidate. Bram is not allowed to kill Frank, because he could be a
candidate. The losties are allowed to hide in the temple, because they could be candidates. Why would Jacob want to protect
Smoky's candidates? They have to be selected by Jacob.

Offline mushermellon

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 12:58:05 PM »
Because Jacob touched them.
Show the court where Jacob touched you.

LOL!!!!!!!!

Offline mushermellon

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 01:04:57 PM »
I think in "The Substitute", we have ?young Jacob? reminding UnLocke that he can't kill ?Sawyer? because those are The Rules; and the strong suggestion is that everyone whose name is written on the cave ceiling corresponds to people that Jacob touched and therefore are special pieces in their game and aren't supposed to be killed.  Sayid and Jin were on the beach with Tom and Brian and Sayid (and maybe Jin)'s names were on Jacob's ceiling.

Oh man!  Maybe he can't kill him for the same reason Sayid had to willingly take the poison.

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 06:34:01 PM »
Because Jacob touched them.
Show the court where Jacob touched you.
LOL!!!!!!!!
BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHHAH
I'm already disliking Jacob, that didn't helped his case very much.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 02:13:30 PM »
It now seems like everyone who is even on the Island in the first place has a number associated with them.  So doesn't that make them all candidates?  If so, why would it be OK for the Others to kill anybody???  When they come bring the Losties to the Temple are they assuming they're all "claimed", so it's OK to kill them?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 02:45:42 PM »
It now seems like everyone who is even on the Island in the first place has a number associated with them.  So doesn't that make them all candidates?  If so, why would it be OK for the Others to kill anybody???  When they come bring the Losties to the Temple are they assuming they're all "claimed", so it's OK to kill them?

Are you assuming that the names are crossed off as people are killed?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2010, 08:50:06 AM »
Apologies if that came off harsh, I forgot about the sight of blood, big softie angle.  For the record I dont think anyone here (other than myself) is stupid, I just like to argue I guess.

One thinks one thing and another thinks another is a fundamental basis of these boards, if we all agreed it wouldnt be much of a show I think.

I was trying to think of other examples specific to lost, but that was the best one I could come up with.
I do not see them going back and showing a scene where Ben tells them not to kill them no matter how much it sounds like he wants them to, so I guess we will have to agree to disagree but I cant see any other way to consider that radio conversation but to assume they had chatted beforehand.

No apologies neccesarry. There is nothing anyone online can say to piss me off like that. LOL. But yeah, It is nice to have the people on here agree with you, but I know that's not always going to happen. Oh well.
Well put Bob it is nice when someone agrees but chances are that it isn't going to happen all the time.