Author Topic: The Constant  (Read 564 times)

Offline msdoran

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
The Constant
« on: February 03, 2010, 03:30:34 PM »
So, just a few random thoughts to get a discussion going....

It seems to me that the writers did a very smart thing by establishing two different storylines here. One, is in the future of 2007, and will over the course of the season allow us to wrap up what eventually happens with these characters.

The second storyline will be screaming and racing to catch up, and somehow merge into the future reality. One where the island is under water. Though this in no way explains Boone's presence, nor Claire's. I am still trying to figure that one out.

Since they played such a large part in Daniel Farraday's world, I think this series is racing towards a worldly "constant" that will merge the two realities.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: The Constant
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 07:55:30 PM »
Since they played such a large part in Daniel Farraday's world, I think this series is racing towards a worldly "constant" that will merge the two realities.

Yeah... How did he explain it again? 2 + 3 = 5 but 1 + 4 = 5 too. The variables can change but the end result remains constant.

Offline msdoran

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: The Constant
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 03:54:27 PM »
Exactly, ultimately nature, and time will make things right. who knows, maybe the Island was meant to be destroyed by Jughead, and was not, so everything that is happening is happening to get it to ultimately be destroyed (and underwater as LA X 1 showed us).