Author Topic: Hurley central figure?  (Read 10229 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Hurley central figure?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 09:13:10 PM »
he seemed totally cool in the last episode!

Yeah, but who is going to be that much of a d-bag to a cripple who just lost his job?? LOL You are right though, he did seem like a really nice guy for the few minutes we saw him. Just wait and see. I have a really strong feeling that we are not going to like Off-island Hurley in about 2 months.
that would make sense because if it's opposite of the episode "everyone hates hugo". I felt super bad for him in that episode and he was a great nice guy. It might mean that we see a more "stuck up" Hugo-but why would everyone love him? I am confused now lol

That's what I'm saying. In the first one, Hurley was cool, and everyone liked him, but it was called "everyone hates Hugo". This one is called "Everyone loves Hugo" so I'm assuming that he will be a douche, and everyone will not like him.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2010, 09:48:36 PM »
Funny because instead of Richard being the consultant to the "others" we have Hurley consulting our Losties, so to speak.

No one, yet, can see Jacob except Hurley.  Ah good reason why Jacob brought him back, he knew he would need to work with someone after his demise.  So he gives Hurley the key to the temle and their lives. 

But this would explain why the former Locke told Richard nice to see you out of your chains. 

Hurely has a purose and he could also be in training to be the next Richard

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2010, 03:30:37 PM »

Wonders if this includes eyeliner tutorials...

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2010, 07:43:33 PM »

Wonders if this includes eyeliner tutorials...

Yes I think Bare Escentuals threw in a few kits  ::)  Where are the big batting eye lash emoticon rofl

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 02:39:23 PM »
You bring up a good point Bob about how no one had any reason to hate hugo in Everybody Hates Hugo.  But it wasn't that anyone DID dislike him, it was that Hurley didn't want anyone to.  He was so worried about making enemies he sort of assumed people hated him, or would hate him if he didn't dole the food out correctly.  I'm thinking that it will be a similar thing in this episode, where maybe everyone "loves" Hurley, maybe they are holding him up to a really high standard that he feels he can't compare too.  So far the characters in the other time line have kept some character traits, and they all seem to be growing too.  Locke has come to terms with his paralysis (what he can't do), Jack has reconciled with his son, Kate has done a good deed (!).  I'd hate to see our characters regress, especially Hurley! 

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 03:20:15 PM »
You bring up a good point Bob about how no one had any reason to hate hugo in Everybody Hates Hugo.  But it wasn't that anyone DID dislike him, it was that Hurley didn't want anyone to.  He was so worried about making enemies he sort of assumed people hated him, or would hate him if he didn't dole the food out correctly.  I'm thinking that it will be a similar thing in this episode, where maybe everyone "loves" Hurley, maybe they are holding him up to a really high standard that he feels he can't compare too.  So far the characters in the other time line have kept some character traits, and they all seem to be growing too.  Locke has come to terms with his paralysis (what he can't do), Jack has reconciled with his son, Kate has done a good deed (!).  I'd hate to see our characters regress, especially Hurley! 

Well, this kind of supports what I'm thinking in a way. In "Everyone hates Hugo", if Hurley was just worried that people would not like him, then in "Everyone smiggity smackety" maybe Hurley will think that everyone likes him, but in reality, he's pushy and controlling, and everyone is afraid to say no to him, so everyone turns into a bunch of yes men. Well, whatever, we will see.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2010, 11:25:38 PM »
"Money is the root of all evil", it changes people. So maybe Hurley does evolve into some kind of arseholish person in the sideflash.

Or maybe in "Lostie Time" Jacob makes Hurley do something that is misunderstood by everyone and it has a negative outcome. 

money isn't the root of evil.. the love of money is the root of all evil, so if he loves and obsesses over money then thats what changes him

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 11:27:19 PM »
I'm going out on a spoiler-free limb and say that I think Hurley is going to die in this episode.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 11:48:14 AM »
I'm going out on a spoiler-free limb and say that I think Hurley is going to die in this episode.

Same here, almost a month ago...

we've Hurley say nothing bad ever happens to him, that he's the luckiest person alive

that's what this episode will be about, his good luck, his life in the alternate timeline/universe

I don't know about that. Think about episode S2E4 "Everybody Hates Hugo". This is the episode where we find out that he won the lottery, we meet his best friend Johnny (who, despite being DJ Qualls, is apparently a really likeable guy), we find out that apparently he hooks up with the oh so super hot Starla, he quits his job (because he friggin can...WOO) at Mr. Clucks, Johnny quits the Mr. Cluck gig as well (just because his friend did), Johnny and Hurley go and steal all of the garden gnomes and put them on Randy's yard (believe me, that is fun). Then, on the island, he is put in charge of the food in the Swan hatch, and after a long thought process, he decides to have a beach party and give all of the food away (except his stash, but honestly, like you wouldn't hold onto some??), and everybody is all happy that Hurley is, well, Hurley. The only person that shows any sign of being upset with him is Charlie when he asks for peanut butter for Claire, and Hurley says no...but then at the end of the episode, he keeps a jar of peanut butter just for Charlie, and then Charlie isn't mad at him anymore. To make a short story long, basically, there was no real reason for anyone to Hate Hugo in this episode.

So my point you ask?? Well if you stop interrupting me, I will tell you. Jeez. Anyway, So I think that this episode is going to be very, very, very bad for Hurley. Kinda like, Hurley is going to die, kind of bad (I posted this somewhere else, but this seems like the more appropriate place to do it). I also think that it might show that Off-Island-Hurley is kind of a bastard. I mean, think about it. He's apparently rich and relatively young. He owns Mr. Clucks, as well as presumably the other businesses he owned in earlier episodes (box company, sneaker factory, etc.), so owning multiple businesses, having a butt load of money, and nothing bad ever happens to you?? That is a perfect recipe for a bastard (**cough..hack...Spencer Pratt...cough and phlegm**). So, once again to make a short story long, I think this episode is going to paint Hurley in a very bad light, and that we might not be seeing too much Off-Island-Hurley after this one.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 08:40:26 PM »

Plucky comic sidekicks almost never die. I hope he lives because he gets the best lines.

Offline NoraCharles

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 08:12:13 AM »
JMHO, but I think this is Hurley centric to his "815 landing timeline". Everyone is mentioning what happened on the island in "Everybody Hates Hugo" but that title stands out more for me with Hurley's backstory (winning the lottery and all the bad luck happening and people dying that he thought people hated him.) I think this episode will show the "good luck" Hurley in the sideways storyline and how he is now "the luckiest guy on earth".

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 05:26:40 PM »
JMHO, but I think this is Hurley centric to his "815 landing timeline". Everyone is mentioning what happened on the island in "Everybody Hates Hugo" but that title stands out more for me with Hurley's backstory (winning the lottery and all the bad luck happening and people dying that he thought people hated him.) I think this episode will show the "good luck" Hurley in the sideways storyline and how he is now "the luckiest guy on earth".

Ding! Well said. I have the feeling you are right on point.
Also, I'm even more convinced Hurley's not going to die in this episode, and I don't think he will die in the show at all.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2010, 06:32:04 PM »
Also, look at all of the episodes so far, almost everyone is the mirror opposite, hell, Widmore friggin hugged Desmond, then poured him a shot of McCutheons because, "Nothing is too good for [him]", I'm almost willing to put money on Hurley being a total d-bag off island.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 06:46:44 PM »
Also, look at all of the episodes so far, almost everyone is the mirror opposite, hell, Widmore friggin hugged Desmond, then poured him a shot of McCutheons because, "Nothing is too good for [him]", I'm almost willing to put money on Hurley being a total d-bag off island.

Yes, Hurley, in the sideways timeline, like everyone else did, will get the things he always wanted. Desmond got Widmore's approval, Daniel plays piano, Jack became a good father despite Christian, etc... What did Hurley want? He wanted not to be cursed. So, in this time line he isn't but the consquence is no one loves him. Love, of course, being the thing in this timeline no one really has ....

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2010, 07:08:51 PM »
I still don't get what that happily ever after refered to.