Author Topic: Smokey and the Temple  (Read 659 times)

Offline pinknpurple

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Smokey and the Temple
« on: February 06, 2010, 06:35:19 PM »
Am I remembering correctly, help me out here. Didn't  the Rousseau crew get leveled when they went to the Temple by Smokey the monster?  How is it that the Red shirted Temple dwellers now want to protect themselves from Smokey?

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Smokey and the Temple
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 07:04:57 PM »
they didn't actually get into the temple, the one dude got dragged under into the tunnel though

Offline Optimus J

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 10:10:33 PM »
Am I remembering correctly, help me out here. Didn't  the Rousseau crew get leveled when they went to the Temple by Smokey the monster?  How is it that the Red shirted Temple dwellers now want to protect themselves from Smokey?
And you forget that days before the fact Smokey scared Ben half to death on that same place, where the Dharmaville people had to carry Sayid.

Offline pinknpurple

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:06:19 AM »
Right, but is Smokey trying to get  in to the Temple or was he released from there?  Is that the "home" the MIB was referring to?

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 09:23:24 AM »
Right, but is Smokey trying to get  in to the Temple or was he released from there?  Is that the "home" the MIB was referring to?

I just posted about this.

There's a vent built into the chambers underneath The Temple, almost designed as a cat-flap, so Smokey can come and go.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 05:49:36 PM »
Thats just got me wondering, we know Jacob as the white shirted gent, but now im wondering if the Other's (new ones from S06 premier included) know Jacob as the man dressed in black!
We only have white shirted Jacob's word for it that he is Jacob - Ok we know that MIB/Locke led Ben to the statue to kill 'Jacob' but this could have been a trick - he knew Ben was at an all time low with Jacob (maybe himself?) and saw this as a way/ loophole to get Ben to kill his nemisis, after all Ben had never seen Jacob.

Is the MIB actually Jacob or am I way off? Again, Ben has never seen Jacob so he wouldnt know if he was white shirt guy or black shirt guy and if Jacob resides in the temple then we know Smokie (who we now know is MIB) resides there.

I actually think MIB is Jacob and white shirt Jacob is the impostor.......

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 07:29:52 PM »

I just posted about this.

There's a vent built into the chambers underneath The Temple, almost designed as a cat-flap, so Smokey can come and go.

What about Smokey and the drain hole that was in the secret room off Ben's house?  Also is the Temple where the Spring is or just the entire compound surrouneded by  the high wall

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 01:09:03 AM »
Thats just got me wondering, we know Jacob as the white shirted gent, but now im wondering if the Other's (new ones from S06 premier included) know Jacob as the man dressed in black!
We only have white shirted Jacob's word for it that he is Jacob - Ok we know that MIB/Locke led Ben to the statue to kill 'Jacob' but this could have been a trick - he knew Ben was at an all time low with Jacob (maybe himself?) and saw this as a way/ loophole to get Ben to kill his nemisis, after all Ben had never seen Jacob.

Is the MIB actually Jacob or am I way off? Again, Ben has never seen Jacob so he wouldnt know if he was white shirt guy or black shirt guy and if Jacob resides in the temple then we know Smokie (who we now know is MIB) resides there.

I actually think MIB is Jacob and white shirt Jacob is the impostor.......

The conversation between MIB and Jacob from the season finale last year. MIB says something like, "Always nice talking with you, Jacob."

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 01:26:16 PM »
And you forget that days before the fact Smokey scared Ben half to death on that same place, where the Dharmaville people had to carry Sayid.

Care to enlighten a confused man?? When did these two things happen?? Is "where the Dharmaville people had to carry Sayid" from the Season 6 premiere when they took him down into the tunnels?? I'm totally not remembering the Smokey/Ben moment at the temple.