Author Topic: What Kate Does vs What Kate Did?  (Read 6237 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What Kate Does vs What Kate Did?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 02:49:28 PM »
She obviously has already killed someone. She is in custody on the plane and he says she is a killer. But who did she kill?

Yea I got that.  i was just saying that we would get some kind of back story on who she killed.  Thats why I was saying it may not be her step dad this time around.

There is a video from the Lost Comic-Con panel that Darlton played that I think sheds light on the subject of who she killed. It might be counted as spoiler so I will say nothing. Either way, it sounds like in a few hours we'll see anyways.

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 07:43:07 PM »
She obviously has already killed someone. She is in custody on the plane and he says she is a killer. But who did she kill?

Yea I got that.  i was just saying that we would get some kind of back story on who she killed.  Thats why I was saying it may not be her step dad this time around.

There is a video from the Lost Comic-Con panel that Darlton played that I think sheds light on the subject of who she killed. It might be counted as spoiler so I will say nothing. Either way, it sounds like in a few hours we'll see anyways.

Am I allowed to post the link to the spoiler on YouTube?  If so, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQXuiCge-wI&NR=1.  If not -- don't look at at!

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »
ah !
thanks for posting that video link
never saw that before
I wonder if it is related to tonight's episode

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 09:44:31 PM »
***averts eyes***  don'tlookdon'tlookdon'tlook...

In "What Kate Did," didn't we get to see a lot of what she did when she was on the run, right after she killed her Real Dad and was trying to get away from the marshall?  So it looked like at the end of "LA X" she was going on the run again.  Maybe we'll see how they compare...

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 10:09:06 PM »
Well, Kate is a little more hard-core in the "new" timeline - pullin a gun on a pregnant lady? Dude that's harsh....

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 11:03:52 PM »
And we didn't really find out what she did before she got arrested

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 11:08:59 PM »
you could watch the link posted above :)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 11:16:30 PM »
I have this as a topic in the spoiler thread. Not sure if it is going to come up in the show or not. Producers did introduce it but that does not mean it will be a story line.

Kate does get involved with Claire and the baby as does Ethan. So off island timeline sort of mimics on island time.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 11:23:54 PM »
Here is the link to the spoilerish topic. Please discuss this topic in the spoiler thread not here.
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php/topic,10206.0.html

Offline Astriastar

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 04:18:43 AM »
I'm hoping that "What Kate does" is die. I think we're ready for someone else to go.

I'm with you.  I can't stand her.  She's a meddler, and she seems to be the cause of most of the other survivors' problems.  Why couldn't it have been her instead of Juliet??

Offline ericd543

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 05:01:27 AM »
we will see 2 timelines at once

in 2007
what kate does will have something to do with Sawyer and Jack

she will choose one or betray one or create a diversion for one or ...

in 2004
Kate will convince Claire not to give her baby up for adoption

Excellent predictions. The first one has a Nostradamus vagueness but I believe she is back on track with Jack now.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 01:50:35 PM »
I'm not watching the video/spoiler. So knowing that, here's my thought/theory:

In the Alternate timeline (X), Kate doesn't actually kill anyone but is accused of it. I am only thinking this because #1 - things are different in this timeline, and #2 when Claire asks her what she had done, Kate replies "Would you believe me if I said I was innocent?"

I'd have to go back and check transcripts, but int his timeline, does Kate every say "I killed someone" or is it always "I'm wanted for murder."  Those are 2 very different things.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 02:00:02 PM »

In the Alternate timeline (X), Kate doesn't actually kill anyone but is accused of it. I am only thinking this because #1 - things are different in this timeline, and #2 when Claire asks her what she had done, Kate replies "Would you believe me if I said I was innocent?"

I'd have to go back and check transcripts, but int his timeline, does Kate every say "I killed someone" or is it always "I'm wanted for murder."  Those are 2 very different things.

My thoughts also. We are never told that she actually killed someone, just that she is wanted for murder.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 09:28:43 AM »

My thoughts also. We are never told that she actually killed someone, just that she is wanted for murder.

I agree with both of you on this, the fact that she said she was innocent really bothers me.  Blowing up the house your dad was in, well it's pretty tough to see how exactly you're innocent...you blew him up...

But in this timeline maybe her mom snapped and had enough of the abuse...

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 02:41:52 PM »

I agree with both of you on this, the fact that she said she was innocent really bothers me.  Blowing up the house your dad was in, well it's pretty tough to see how exactly you're innocent...you blew him up...

But in this timeline maybe her mom snapped and had enough of the abuse...

Great points. Back in season 1, Kate was going to admit to Jack what she had done, when he stopped her saying something like, "It doesn't matter what happened in the past."

In bizarro world, Kate is still playing the "I didn't do it" card. Maybe she really is innocent this time around. Then again, if you are innocent do you run? *cough* OJ *cough*