Author Topic: What Kate Does vs What Kate Did?  (Read 6240 times)

Offline jakstraw79

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
What Kate Does vs What Kate Did?
« on: February 06, 2010, 01:36:11 PM »
anyone think this episode title will have something to do with kate trying to make amends for what she did?  also, will be it 2004 kate or 2007 kate?

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: What Kate Does vs What Kate Did?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 03:05:51 PM »
The plane landed in 2004 so I am guessing 2004...unless they fast forward three years. They might do that so both timelines will align to 2007.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 01:45:27 AM »
I predict that we will see her kill someone in much the same way as her step dad but it wont be her step dad.   Maybe Her ex lover. The one that she burried the time capsule with or even that guys new lover.  hmmmm.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 02:09:10 AM »
She obviously has already killed someone. She is in custody on the plane and he says she is a killer. But who did she kill?

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 03:30:51 AM »
Why did that Federal Marshall have to go through customs?

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 04:49:22 AM »
we will see 2 timelines at once

in 2007
what kate does will have something to do with Sawyer and Jack

she will choose one or betray one or create a diversion for one or ...

in 2004
Kate will convince Claire not to give her baby up for adoption

Offline jakstraw79

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 08:35:51 AM »
She obviously has already killed someone. She is in custody on the plane and he says she is a killer. But who did she kill?

i guess since so much has changed in the 2004 parallel timeline that we cannot assume she killed her step-father.  i had not thought of that yet.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 11:17:13 AM »
I'm hoping that "What Kate does" is die. I think we're ready for someone else to go.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 04:13:44 PM »

Yea I got that.  i was just saying that we would get some kind of back story on who she killed.  Thats why I was saying it may not be her step dad this time around.

Offline westy185

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 06:53:44 PM »
What she does is put Claire in danger. Claire and her baby. We know this from the previous episode and I'm guessing this will be part of what she does in this episode.

Which goes back to Claire's contact with the fortune teller. "Keep the baby" "don't keep the baby." Doesn't he talk about how Claire MUST raise Aaron? Then he changes his mind, supposedly arranges for an adoption and gives her a plane ticket. Perhaps the break in timelines confused his visions of the future and he's misread what he's supposed to be warning her about and has put her in the path of danger (Kate). Later, of course, we see the same man telling Mr. Echo (is he on the plane?) that fortune telling is just a bunch of B.S.

Could this episode tie up some major Claire/Aaron/fortune teller loose ends? Maybe Echo will get dragged in, too. (I hope - he was one of my favorite characters.)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 12:00:14 PM »

Yea I got that.  i was just saying that we would get some kind of back story on who she killed.  Thats why I was saying it may not be her step dad this time around.

Am I missing something?? Are we saying that Kate killed her step dad (the dude in the army recruitment office) in the alternate timeline, or her real dad that she thought was her step dad (the creepy pervert dude she blew up in the house)??

I'm asking mainly because this alternate timeline thing is going to get super confusing anyway, and if some of us are posting and referencing characters, but referencing them incorrectly, it's going to get even more confusing.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 02:13:50 PM »
They are saying that instead of exploding the house with her "step dad that was her real dad" inside--perhaps somethings changed in this new reality and instead she killed someone else.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 04:07:08 PM »
They are saying that instead of exploding the house with her "step dad that was her real dad" inside--perhaps somethings changed in this new reality and instead she killed someone else.

Then can we just call him her real dad?? As in the following sentence...

"In the episode of LOST entitled 'What Kate Did' she killed her dad by blowing up the house he was sleeping in."

Please?? Because all of this "her dad she thought was her stepdad, and then found out was her real dad" and "Her stepdad that she thought was her real dad but was really her stepdad" stuff is going to give us all a head ache.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 10:43:06 PM »
LOL--OK, I guess things with this show are confusing enough........ ;D

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 01:36:17 PM »
I'm going to guess that she's going to deliver Claire's baby... again.