Author Topic: Back to the island  (Read 649 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Back to the island
« on: February 05, 2010, 10:27:14 PM »
This thought just struck me, and I had to get it out before it burned a hole in my head. Something about all of the survivors being back in LA has been bugging me, and I realized what it is. Has anyone read, or seen, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the witch and the Wardrobe??  Well, there is a scene at the end where all of the kids are in the woods chasing the white stag, and the come across the lamp post in the middle of the woods. At first they don't know what it is, then they start to slowly remember, and then follow the trail near it, and return home. Now, the thing I'm thinking is that Since the Dharma station, The Lamp post is in LA, and Jack has a funeral to attend, I think what's going to happen is this. Despite the fact that Jack tells his mother that they won't be able to have the service because they don't have the body, I think she's going to insist that they do it anyway, and I bet it will be in that Church. This is where Jack will start to have a strong recollection of the island and what have you, and this will be the moment that either the timelines converge, or that Jack knows that they have to get to the island. I'm not 100% sure about what exactly is going to happen there, but I think that whatever "it" is, it will happen there.

Feel free to discuss, agree, disagree, whatever.

Offline E.S.B.

• View Profile
Re: Back to the island
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 10:35:17 PM »
I like that idea, Bob.  And we know the show has referenced Narnia before, so that does kind of fit.  I'm thinking that our characters in the alternate timeline have to somehow find a way back to the Island, and that may be a way for it to pan out.  Good stuff!

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 11:26:27 PM »
wow
that is really interesting
I really like the idea of the church funeral being the same church as the lighthouse

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 11:16:33 AM »
I really like this a lot. This could happen after they get Christian's body back. (if they do). Christians body in that church might help Jack remember things and start his journey back to the island or to events that merge the timelines.

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 11:21:13 AM »
Totally plausible...great thinking!

Offline bluesmanjay

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 10:43:34 AM »
Love it!

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 11:22:43 AM »
I like this idea.  I do not have the dvds, so can't look back to see what the church looked like that the fureral was originally held in, but in my mind it doesn't look the same as the lamp post church.  But that doesn't mean the church for the funeral can't change, like Desmond being on the flight now in this new reality.

I love the tie in of "the lamp post" with Naria.  Cool.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 01:56:11 PM »
I like this idea.  I do not have the dvds, so can't look back to see what the church looked like that the fureral was originally held in, but in my mind it doesn't look the same as the lamp post church.  But that doesn't mean the church for the funeral can't change, like Desmond being on the flight now in this new reality.

I love the tie in of "the lamp post" with Naria.  Cool.

If I remember correctly, the church that we see Jack giving the original eulogy in is totally NOT the Lamp Post church, BUT...BUT...BUT...He is in such a hurry to finish the whole thing, that maybe the Lamp Post is the closest church, and the hearse that was suppossed to be waiting at the airport was going to go to there for the services. Iono. I'm hoping, because this would be really cool if I were right about something so "LOST-ish".

Offline DirtyMaggieMae

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 03:43:14 PM »
This is where Christian's funeral is held in "There's No Place Like Home"

This is Jack in Eloise's Church in "316"

Both of these are from the view as if you were looking out from the altar.  They are different.
I really like the idea Bob, it would be a great way to begin the resolution of the timelines.