Author Topic: WHAT YEARS ARE BOTH TIME LINES IN?  (Read 3768 times)

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
WHAT YEARS ARE BOTH TIME LINES IN?
« on: February 05, 2010, 11:03:07 AM »
I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, unfortunately I don't have the time to read all the posts.
Can someone clear this up? Thanks

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT YEARS ARE BOTH TIME LINES IN?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 11:21:07 AM »
I believe the happenings at the Temple are taking place in 2007 or 2008 and flight 316 landed in September 2004. But time is relative, I suppose...stay tuned.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 12:23:58 PM »
No, the temple people AND the beach people (Richard, Ben, Locke, etc) are all in 2007.

The other timeline with the plane that landed in Los Angeles is in 2004.

Offline Kurtis

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 04:36:21 PM »
Ummm...that's what I said.

Offline jakstraw79

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 05:06:49 PM »
Ummm...that's what I said.

i think you meant flight 815.

Offline lostandfree

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 06:02:49 PM »
Oh sorry, you said flight 316 so I thought maybe you had it backwards. 

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 01:37:24 PM »
This is just my opinion, so you can take it or leave it, but, I think because TPTB are calling them flash-sideways, that both timelines are happening simultaneously, and because we know that Oceanic flight 815 left on September 22nd, 2004, that both timelines are taking place in 2004. I know there is other evidence that would suggest that the island is in one time, and the plane is in another, but honestly, once you introduce time travel to a plot line, can you really trust what you are being told?? Uh-oh, I think I just bursted my own bubble. LOL, but seriously, I think that both time lines are taking place in 2004. Like I said, just my opinion.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 01:50:02 PM »
This is just my opinion, so you can take it or leave it, but, I think because TPTB are calling them flash-sideways, that both timelines are happening simultaneously, and because we know that Oceanic flight 815 left on September 22nd, 2004, that both timelines are taking place in 2004. I know there is other evidence that would suggest that the island is in one time, and the plane is in another, but honestly, once you introduce time travel to a plot line, can you really trust what you are being told?? Uh-oh, I think I just bursted my own bubble. LOL, but seriously, I think that both time lines are taking place in 2004. Like I said, just my opinion.

I think they are called "flash-sideways" because they are not in the same timeline.  Not because they are happening at the same time.  The Losties on the island still have memories of the 2004 plane crash and the 3 year inbetween... so it is 2007 for them... The non-Lost Losties on the plane in 2004 that didn't crash are mostly oblivious (except maybe Jack?!?)

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 03:32:35 PM »
Besides the Island Losties come to in the remains of the original hatch that Desmond blew up when he turned the key.  This event happened several months after the 2004 crash.  This alone places the two timelines at different times.  Add to this that it appears the hatch had been blown up "some time" before they suddenly appeared there after the Jughead bomb explosion. 

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 04:31:53 PM »
Besides the Island Losties come to in the remains of the original hatch that Desmond blew up when he turned the key.  This event happened several months after the 2004 crash.  This alone places the two timelines at different times.  Add to this that it appears the hatch had been blown up "some time" before they suddenly appeared there after the Jughead bomb explosion. 

I know that, which is why I said the following in my previous post....

This is just my opinion...I know there is other evidence that would suggest that the island is in one time, and the plane is in another...I think that both time lines are taking place in 2004...

I mean if you really want to argue the logistics of time travel, then think about it, it was 2007 for Jack, Kate, Hurley, etc. when they got on the plane, and then all of a sudden they were on the island, and it was 1977. Using the destroyed Swan doesn't really hold up as good evidence for me because who's to say that for whatever reason that certain things didn't travel through time as well. If I build a house in the year 2011, then burn it to the ground in 2025, and time travel to 2010 with the burned down remains, does that mean I'm really in 2025?? See where I'm going with this?? I'm not trying to convince anyone to think the way I do, I'm just throwing out my thought process. Plus, we can all have our own theories until they actually flat out tell us what is what, and when is when.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 04:39:53 PM »
We don't actually know if the events in the... um... X Dimension, are taking place in that reality's 2004. We've all just assumed up to now.

It could well be that events in the X Dimension took longer to come to fruition and it is indeed also 2007.

Maybe it could be dated by the magazine Rose was reading? I mean, it's no guarantee that the magazine was published at the same time in the other dimension, but they must have left a clue for us.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 04:45:18 PM »
See were you're coming from... Time is relative...

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 04:52:02 PM »
They made no attempt to hide Matthew Fox's advanced age (I mean advanced in comparison to when the pilot episode was filmed). They did a pretty decent job in making Michael Emerson look a lot younger in his flashback scenes with Baby Alex last season.

Then again, they could just say that Jack-X was born slightly earlier than the Jack in the regular Lost universe, and still have the 815-X scenes take place in the X reality's 2004.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 04:56:50 PM »
See were you're coming from... Time is relative...

Who?? Me?? I guess so, but like I said, basically, I'm just waiting for them to tell me what is going on. I'm not even 100% solidly defending my 2004 timeline(s) theory, just telling you where it comes from logically in my mind. If they come out and tell us that On-Island and Off-Island (that's my basic distinction between them for future reference) timelines are actually in a post apocalyptic future that looks nearly identicle to ours, and the year is actually 2,569,874,415,512,152 A.D., then guess what?? I will switch what I'm saying to that. LOL I'm easy like that. but for right now, in my head, it's all 2004.  ;)

Oh, for the love of Ray J., did I just use a smiley?? I think that's my first time on here.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 04:56:56 PM »
we know the Ajira flight happened in 2007
so the timeline with the Temple and Sayind dying/not dying is 2007
I haven't seen anything that could suggest otherwise

the timeline where Jack and the rest landed in LAX is 2004
although what MangoBingo said
"It could well be that events in the X Dimension took longer to come to fruition and it is indeed also 2007"
is possible, I don't believe it