Author Topic: Is Jacob now in Sayid's body?  (Read 3480 times)

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Is Jacob now in Sayid's body?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 11:05:23 AM »
Maybe the temple is smokies home. That is where he wants to get to.

Miles did not do his face and jerky motions that happens when the dead talk to him. So he did not hear anything from Sayid. His reaction is because he is surpriesed that he does not hear anything.

I do not believe that Jack and the temple people both mistook Sayid as dead. Something happened to him. Either Jacob/smokie entered or I could see Mango's theory of a parallel universe being involved.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 11:09:30 AM »
But Juggy if our Losties in the temple are real time with beach others/Arija/losties and Flocke is walking about doing his thing how could he also enter Sayid's body?
As for Miles does he do that with all the dead folks he meets I never really noticed.  Right he would not hear anything cause Sayid's dead thoughts exited stage left.

Well, It will be interesting to see this one played out.  All bets are off

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 11:12:09 AM »
it happens everytime Miles talks to a dead person.

Good point about smokie because they are on the same time again. The flare proved that.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 11:43:57 AM »
Mango what perplexes me about keeping smokey out of the temple was he was in there last season with Ben.
So this makes no sense in keeping him out

I thought they were just underneath The Temple? I need to check Lostpedia.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 11:59:38 AM »
Ben and with Danielle's guy with the arm torn off smokie was underneath the temple not in the temple. Jacob explained to Hurley that the hole was a way to get into the temple.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 12:07:41 PM »
Mango what perplexes me about keeping smokey out of the temple was he was in there last season with Ben.
So this makes no sense in keeping him out

I thought they were just underneath The Temple? I need to check Lostpedia.

I guess my point is that the folks in the temple, didn't have the ash to protect themselves, so did they know Smokey was flying about on island.  
Not only that Smokey was there from the start and the didn't the temple peope take Cindy and the children to start with, as never really saw who it was?  

See this is where I would figure that something is off. Smokey appears to be in the hierglyphics when we see this last season. The image of the smoke monster is there, but confusion lies in how long have MIB and Jacob been on the island.  Who is first MIB or smokey.  When did MIB become smokey or did he take the image of that man we see 140 years ago and use that to come speak to Jacob?

Something is not adding up or did they all feel safe that the smoke monster was just smoke and could not kill Jacob ... scratching head..

I understand not official temple but still Smkey could enter the real temple no ash around it.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 12:54:17 PM »
i think that sayid was never dead, never possessed, and isn't from another parallel universe. he was just being healed by the water, but either something happened to delay the process or the others were just pretending he was dead and weren't really suprised at all

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 08:51:46 PM »
Jugdish has it right, in my mind, the reaction from Miles seemed to be more confused that he wasn't hearing Sayid when Asian warrior dude and poorman dj squalls said he was dead, and therefore the look on his face. Second, MIB (i like that, thanks Lil) mentioned that he wanted to go home. My first thought was that he wanted off the island and back in the regular world in order to wreak havoc, meaning that at some point he was banished and confined to the island and that was the reason he was in the form of smoke and not a human body, like Jacob, therefore needing a "host body" in order to kill Jacob, and the fact that we find ash around the cabin in order to keep him out away from Jacob, or in, depending what you make of it. (I think out, b/c Ilana and Bram seemed surprised by the condition of the cabin and the note on the wall, and I imagine that they were looking for Jacob and not MIB in the cabin, being that Jacob is their leader) sidenote: Horace built the cabin, we know. Jacob was living there at some point. What does he have to do with all of this. I think more than we realize.

I still think that Sayid is going to play a huge role in the war, and again no better Lostie than him to be on the Jacob side of things, whether he is Sayid from 2007 or the bizzaro Sayid from an alt-uni, he is gonna be big in this whole kickin' ass thing...

The temple, we still don't know really what is going on there, I did notice that we have only seen the basement whirlpool thus far, and there seems to be alot more to it than we have seen, see the top entrance and the stairs:

http://lost.cubit.net/images/index/investigations/6x01_temple.jpg

I would think that the real groovy things that go down at the temple are at the top and not in the basement, so what we have seen of the temple already is just a glimpse of what is to come. As for MIB/Smokey coming to the temple, my guess is that they are protecting it and the people in it from Smokey, b/c he is hell bent on wiping out anything that sniffs of Jacob in order to take over. The temple being a refuge for all at that site. Remember, the fact that this is a Temple, means that they worship someone or something, meaning that Jacob may be that "God" that they worship, see the Egyptian references (statue, tapestry, Richard's guyliner, glyphs, etc.) or there are theories that this is a whole God/Devil thing, but again those are theories and I still won't commit to any one just yet, I gotta see more.

I hate waiting a week, but I guess it gives us alot to talk about in between...

« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 08:55:41 PM by Numbers Junkie »

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 10:50:25 PM »
BUT MIB at one point had a human body.  So when did he have to assume the smoke monster role?  he also had run of the entire island, remember Danielle knows the smoke monster and refers to it as an alarm system. 

MIB needed a familiar body to manipulate Ben to kill Jacob.  Remember he said one thing that I am not sure folks caught or forget to mention but when he discusses Locke;s thought when he was being killed.  Hmmm was the Ben or MIB?  We do not see Smoke when he is being strangled.  So i ask this question can MIB assume living beings to do his bidding?   I am sure he wasn't Ben, but he was there when Locke was dying.

Interesting.

Yes, the temple is not being exposed in full at this point and there is much to share.  I also am buying it is not all Egyptian either but that is another story.

And you only have Sunday and Monday until LOST unless you are outside US

I love this show

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 04:08:24 AM »
I agree that MIB has had a human form, certainly we know him as the fun loving beach man in black. Where he says "I'm not hungry, I just ate", creepy considering the damage he does as the from of smokey. I never knew what to make of that comment. Certainly sometimes as a familiar body that will help further his bidding, but for sure someone dead, or so we know at this point. I am not sure if when Ben killed Locke it was smokey, I thought he entered him after/during the aljira crash. We know that Chris Shepard was on the plane dead as a doornail, and I seem to think that smokey has taken his form over the course of the last couple of seasons, and alex as well, underneath the temple entrance wall also dead. They always have us guessing.

thankfully tuesday it is...

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »
See I think he used the image of Alex to get his point across to Ben and as we all know he is not using the actual body of John Locke as he walked right past it.

So he  assumes the bodies and images of these folks including Christian Sheppard.   It also took on the form of Eko's brother and I am also going with Ben's mother on this one.  Cause she was long dead when he was 11 so her getting all dolled up like that and looking in tact
in all the ramblings here no one person had noticed or mentioned this and now that takes on a new light with Sayid.  His body was not buried, embalmed, in a coffin or whatever.  Sayid got up and was not dead that long.  If Jacob wanted to take over his body he didn't need the waters of the temple to do this he is Jacob he can do what he wants.  If MIB can get assume Locke's image then it would reason that Jacob can do the same.

So I will say, with a wee bit of reservation as this is LOST and anything can happyen, that in Sayid may well have been healed by the waters.  And not taken over by Christian.   

Now that small percetnage where I could be wrong is where Jacob does not follow the rules of this because is also "newly" dead.  BUT Jacob sent Sayid to be saved to the temple and here is the conversation.  BTW I love the Hurley conversations and hope he and Sayid are the new Jacob and Richard..rofl

HURLEY: Where you goin', dude? And what are you doin' here? I mean... I meet you in a taxi and you know everything about me and you give me a plane ticket which just so happens to get me back on this island. How'd you know that was gonna happen?

[Jacob looks down at Sayid, does not respond]

HURLEY: Hello? Can you hear me? Why aren't you answering my questions?

[Jacob kneels next to Sayid, troubled]

HURLEY: Look, my friend Jin is gonna be here any second so you better stop ignoring--

JACOB: Your friend Jin won't be able to see me.

HURLEY: Why not?

JACOB: Because I died an hour ago.

HURLEY: Sorry, dude, that sucks.

[Jacob stands]

JACOB: Thanks.

HURLEY: How'd you die?

JACOB: I was killed by an old friend who grew tired of my company.

[Hurley thinks for a moment]

HURLEY: You want me to do something crazy again, don't you?

JACOB: No. I need you to save Sayid, Hugo.

HURLEY: Well that's why Jin went to go get Jack...

JACOB: Jin can't help him. You need to take Sayid to the Temple. That's the only chance he's got. And the rest of them will be safe there.

HURLEY: The Temple? I'm supposed to know what that is?

JACOB: Jin knows. Tell him to take you to the hole in the wall where he was with the French team. Through that opening you can get into the Temple. You still have that guitar case I gave you?

HURLEY: Yeah...

JACOB: Bring it.

HURLEY: Who are you, dude?

JACOB: Jacob.

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 10:33:22 AM »
Thanks for the transcript of the Hurley convo, I have to mull that over for a bit...

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 10:42:07 AM »
Thanks for the transcript of the Hurley convo, I have to mull that over for a bit...
I think we are all forgetting that Ilana and Bram took the dead body of Locke all over the place and when FLocke left with Richard over his shoulders he walked past that body.

So when it comes to Sayid there is no person walking off in his image, he is there.
Also we forget that Juliette told Kate that the Others might be able to help.  And a young Ben did come back and no one entered his body.

JULIET: He's stable now. But I can't, um...I can't fix it.

KATE: What about the sub? I mean, can we take him somewhere?

JULIET: No. It's gone. It won't be back for a couple of months.

KATE: But he can't die, right?

JULIET: He is going to die. He is in a medical situation that is not resolveable.

KATE: Okay, well, we can't just sit here and do nothing. I mean, there's got to be someone who can help him. We have an entire...[pauses as she notices Juliet's reaction] what?

JULIET: Maybe there's something they can do.

KATE: They?

JULIET: The Others.

Offline Numbers Junkie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 11:36:11 AM »
I would agree Lil, but when Jacob was killed, all conventional bets are off in my mind. And I don't want to assume that Jacob and Flocke as you say, are able to do the same things, my guess is, that is not the case. Jacob having the upper hand sort of, that is why MIB is so obsessed with killing him. But again, all of this is speculation...

"I think we are all forgetting that Ilana and Bram took the dead body of Locke all over the place and when FLocke left with Richard over his shoulders he walked past that body."

Bram is dead but Ilana is still kicking right? maybe she will have some information to offer us in the next few episodes about all of this. Jacob seemed to know her for a while before he visited her in the hospital. Richard Richard Richard, I think he is the key clue in "unlocking" (pardon the pun) this whole rivalry. The whole Richard in chains conversation with Smokey on the beach, makes me think so...

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 11:59:11 AM »
I would agree Lil, but when Jacob was killed, all conventional bets are off in my mind. And I don't want to assume that Jacob and Flocke as you say, are able to do the same things, my guess is, that is not the case. Jacob having the upper hand sort of, that is why MIB is so obsessed with killing him. But again, all of this is speculation...

"I think we are all forgetting that Ilana and Bram took the dead body of Locke all over the place and when FLocke left with Richard over his shoulders he walked past that body."

Bram is dead but Ilana is still kicking right? maybe she will have some information to offer us in the next few episodes about all of this. Jacob seemed to know her for a while before he visited her in the hospital. Richard Richard Richard, I think he is the key clue in "unlocking" (pardon the pun) this whole rivalry. The whole Richard in chains conversation with Smokey on the beach, makes me think so...

Oh I did say that there is the small chance that with Jacob things could be different and as this is LOST who knows.  BUT my thinking progresses in that Jacob always appeared confident hin his manner.  He does not have vengance as does MIB therefore he has sufficient conficence and ego not to do his biding in other ways. Where as MIB appears to have to maniuplate to achieve his goals. 

Yes, all speculation at this point.  We will have answers and shorlty I hope as they do not have all the time in the world to weave more for us ;D